PIPO M6 Very BAD speaker QUALITY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIPO M6 Very BAD speaker QUALITY!

This is a response to the threads: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fixin...ablet-1368411/ and http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Imbalance-fixmy previous reply on XDA forum:
    i bought my pipo m6 a week ago.. so far so bad!.. first off, i got a dirt INSIDE the screen, i was forced to remove the screen guard to see if its not a dirt in between the screen and the screen guard. unfortunately its inside the screen so there's no way of removing it without opening the whole system.. 2nd, im experiencing lags and forced close, QUAD CORE? 2GB RAM? what the!! my friends dual core phone is much better! mine doesnt even have to many apps yet. 3rd, i tried to play 1080 movies, mp4, it lags and crashes at me. aside from all this disappointing experience PIPO luncher form time to time force closes. another worse experience is that i experience FREEZE UP. the whole system froze while browsing facebook, for 20 minutes, all hardware buttons, touchscreen are not responding. i was forced to reset it via the little whole at the back of the device....i already updated to the 6/26 firmware release... but still getting the same issues. battery was good YES. but performance was disappointing. NOT TO MENTION the other users who comment about the SPEAKER! GOD! speaker sucks! based on a video i watched it was loud! but my SONY NEO V is way better! i hope that there is a FIRMWARE FIX to all this! except ofcourse about the screen dirt.. i was expecting to much about the new processor (QUAD CORE, better the DUAL CORE, RIGHT???), the ram but was getting to much frustration. the only GREAT thing about this device is the RETINA SCREEN, not including the DIRT of course, the the BATTERY!
    i bought my pipo M6 2months ago and all i have was frustrations and disappointment. on its first month the left speaker broke and i had to send it back to where i bought it, when it came back it was fix(kinda). the dirts where removed. but speakers sound was still so tiny! its like an earphone on its maxed output!

now, bout the response. i disassemble my m6 today and discovered that is has a different set of speaker and that the FIX was already applied by the person i sent it to, the same way the guy in this forum did.

but still, based on the sound comparison i made, my xperia NEO V still sounds better. video comparison http://youtu.be/_UkLP6xf0ec sorry bout the bad quality videos and pics

so whats the verdict?
    DO NOT BUY PIPO TABLETS!

i hope there is some other mods like replacing the device's speaker with a different one, like from spare parts that is readily available. Or can someone tinker with the "asound.conf" file to make the speaker boost?

for now im using my bluetooth speaker when playing movies and mp3s. its way better the the built in crap.
    Attached Files

When I first received my M6 speakers seemed fine (apart from the slightly lower volume on the left).

However after a few days of use, the left speaker now distorts badly at around 40-50% or higher volume.

Have opened it up and its the original speakers, seem to be sitting firmly in place, problem is the speaker itself as it does it also when the speaker is removed from the casing.

Don't really want to send it back to China just for that. Would be good if I could get a replacement speaker and fit it myself.

Comment

Too bad, I saw a small black spot. It is not in A district so just a little problem. Oh the speaker...is too small, you may ask the seller to send you a M6 speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by squalldna View Post
        This is a response to the threads: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fixin...ablet-1368411/ and http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Imbalance-fixmy previous reply on XDA forum:

i bought my pipo M6 2months ago and all i have was frustrations and disappointment. on its first month the left speaker broke and i had to send it back to where i bought it, when it came back it was fix(kinda). the dirts where removed. but speakers sound was still so tiny! its like an earphone on its maxed output!

now, bout the response. i disassemble my m6 today and discovered that is has a different set of speaker and that the FIX was already applied by the person i sent it to, the same way the guy in this forum did.

but still, based on the sound comparison i made, my xperia NEO V still sounds better. video comparison http://youtu.be/_UkLP6xf0ec sorry bout the bad quality videos and pics

so whats the verdict?
        DO NOT BUY PIPO TABLETS!

i hope there is some other mods like replacing the device's speaker with a different one, like from spare parts that is readily available. Or can someone tinker with the "asound.conf" file to make the speaker boost?

for now im using my bluetooth speaker when playing movies and mp3s. its way better the the built in crap.

Hello,
        first post here.
        I am one of the many satisfied (until now) pipo M6 owners.
        Indeed i agree , the speakers are a weakspot.

Here is a thought i have been entertaining.
        What if we could add to the existing speakers? We could solder an extra speakerphone in parallel , and that (if it works with the pipo specs) would definitely provide extra volume

My question to everyone who has opened his M6 is
        Is there any room to add a speakerphone?
        Ideally we would like the extra space to be right next to the existing ones (unless of course the magnetic fields end up distorting the sound quality). If however that is not possible, is there a spot where we could add the extra speakerphone.
        If yes, then please suggest where. I will be opening my M6 sometime in the next month, and if i see any space i will order a speakerphone (probably the one from sony live with walkman) and give it a go.

If that is not possible, then we can try to change the speakerphones with louder ones. As i mentioned earlier, sony live with walkman has an insanely loud max volume!

Comment

M6pro have a set of speakers that are a lot better than m6. The shape is exactly the same, but the sound is really better (I have bought 1 m6 and 7 m6pro, so I perfectly know how low is the sound of m6), so if you would like to change the speakers of the m6 probably the best thing to do is look for the m6pro speakers. It could be a good idea to ask to pipo customer care if they can directly sell this kind of speakers...
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Speaker mod

On a russian forum I found a mod which basically requires you to cut away some of the excess plastic. Open your M6, clear the motherboard and lift & move aside the two speakers. Then with a hot hobby knife, slowly and carefully cut through the plastic within the position of where the speakers were.

For me this worked like a charm. The sound seems more balanced and clear, with less need to put the volume up.

Comment

Originally posted by matnl View Post
              On a russian forum I found a mod which basically requires you to cut away some of the excess plastic. Open your M6, clear the motherboard and lift & move aside the two speakers. Then with a hot hobby knife, slowly and carefully cut through the plastic within the position of where the speakers were.

For me this worked like a charm. The sound seems more balanced and clear, with less need to put the volume up.
              Since you recently opened it up, can you please tell me if you believe that there is room for an extra speakerphone?
              If yes where would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by bam View Post
                When I first received my M6 speakers seemed fine (apart from the slightly lower volume on the left).

However after a few days of use, the left speaker now distorts badly at around 40-50% or higher volume.

Have opened it up and its the original speakers, seem to be sitting firmly in place, problem is the speaker itself as it does it also when the speaker is removed from the casing.

Don't really want to send it back to China just for that. Would be good if I could get a replacement speaker and fit it myself.
                if you can order speaker of pipo m9 pro sound is really good compare to m6.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  M6pro have a set of speakers that are a lot better than m6. The shape is exactly the same, but the sound is really better (I have bought 1 m6 and 7 m6pro, so I perfectly know how low is the sound of m6)
                  giouncino... Have you any thoughts as to why this is? Are the speaker components actually different? Is the speaker grille aperture larger on the Pro than the Max (ie less obstruction from the internal casing in the Pro)? Or could it be software related?

My M6Pro is due any day now and I'm wondering whether I'll need to open it up and cut away the plastic bits that lie between the speaker and the grille.

Comment

Yes, the M6 has a different set of speakers wrt the M6pro.
                    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Working...
                    X