Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Few 'Odd' issues with my PIPO X9 TV Box / Mini PC 2GB Ram 32GB Storage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few 'Odd' issues with my PIPO X9 TV Box / Mini PC 2GB Ram 32GB Storage.

I've posted a link so you's can see the exact device I have.
    There are a few issue's most of which I've covered in the title. It allows me to download Chrome, Firefox and any other browser from the play store but if i open them they close after about 3 seconds and a box comes up saying 'Google Chrome has closed' or something along those lines.
    I bought the box in more or less brand new condition off someone for £35 (good deal or what) and it came pre-rooted. Now i'll be honest, i'm not bad with computers / phones / tablets etc but when it comes to rooted devices I'm pretty clueless. With the PIPO box I saw it as more of a hindrance than any kind of help, for example the All4 app wouldn't work because the device is rooted and now chrome or Firefox won't even open for more than a few seconds. The device came pre installed with some app's on it called FX and that seemed to be the cause of the rooting?
    Another thing, the dual boot option, now the reason this no longer works is my fault. I can't exactly remember what happened but if i do a reset with the pin so the dual boot screen comes up, or i chose the switch O/S option in the drop down settings menu it goes to a screen which has a large circle and Windows is stuck at 64% and the notice at the bottom is 'Windows is loading drivers and may switch on and off during this process' (or words to that effect) and i've left it overnight to no avail. It occasionally jumps to 71% then restarts and its back at 64%.
    To be honest I wouldn't mind just completely getting rid of Windows and having it as a pure Android device, and surely Windows 10 is unnecessarily (If I'm not able to use it) using up a lot of space on the device.
    As I said earlier I'm not a genius but if someone could guide me through what to do, i'm able to follow instructions regarding Firmware, Roms etc I'd be more than happy to switch on my device, it just go straight to Android and be able to download and use browsers other than the built in one, also i'd like to totally get rid of Windows 10 if that's possible?
    Reading this back it sounds like I'm asking a lot, and I'm sorry if I am, but I don't know how to do it myself and i don't want to try and end up with a bricked device, i use the USB's a lot too to watch films i've downloaded on my PC if I can't find them on Showbox etc.

Here are the details regarding Firmware etc.

Android Version 4.4.4
    IFWI Version i21
    Firmware version V1.0.0_v1

Kernel Version
    3.10.20-00005-gcaba818-dirty
    abc@abc-l hash16 (Sorry the hash sign on my keyboard is a poundsign)
    Mon Sept 7 19.27:41 HKT 2015

Build Number
    X9 Android_4.4.4_201509081738

I dont know if it makes any difference but under Status the serial number is Baytrail0790F68D (Sorry I've just read the back of the box and the CPU is called Intel Baytrail.....derrrr)

Lastly i just want to say if someone's got a Rom / Firmware updates etc I'm capable of following instructions regarding using usb sticks and pressing download combinations on the device.

Many thanks for your time reading this (If anyone has haha) and I'd be so grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks, Paul

Can anyone help me PLEASE? Even if it's just to show me how to get rid of Windows using a file explorer or something? Please...Thanks...

Comment

Working...
    X