This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsega View Post
    @manao: I uploaded the video to a private account and the 2GB bandwidth has been reached (in only 1 day
    I uploaded to youtube and fixed the original link. See if it works now.
    Thanks. The link works perfectly now.

Comment

Beats the whatever out of soldering....

Thanks for the video and the paper card insulation trick.......

I have not even opened up my M9 Pro yet to do anything. .

Comment

Originally posted by RaderCad View Post
        Thanks for the video and the paper card insulation trick.......

I have not even opened up my M9 Pro yet to do anything. .

If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it goes and if the fix worked for you

Comment

Just a small update. WiFi works after the soldering. But I do need some help. For those who are intending to open the tablet.Is it OK if you take a picture of the GPS antenna? If its working for you that is.

Comment

M6pro antennas mod

I changed the coax cable of my M6pro with a coaxial "low loss" one:
            For 3G seems almost useless, for wi-fi I did not test because i destroyed the stock antenna during solderings...

For this reason I decided to buy hopefully better antennas and I ordered a Wifi/bluethooth antenna (the same antenna is shared between wi-fi and bluethooth) on e-bay coming from an iPad mini (2,43€) and a 3G antenna coming from a HP laptop (8,98€).
            As soon as the new antennas will arrive I'll check if they are really better than PIPO stock ones.
            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Quite strange, I could not find any problem with the WiFi signal stability and no disconnections on my M9Pro with WiFi/HSPA (Had some problems with HSPA, Resolved after updating to 2013-12-10)
              The distance from router is bigger than 10M with a lot of walls in between the WiFi signals is around 2-3 bars though the speed around 10-15mbps when I do a speedtest, No disconnection and 2-5mbps IPTV streams are playing without any bufferings for hours long without any disconnections. It only disconnect after inactivity to save battery, Though this setting could be turned off in Settings>Wi-Fi>Advaned. Also you may try to turn the "Wi-Fi Optimization" feature off. I have noticed that it lower the signal in certain circumstances.
              Only can not seem to get the GPS to locate satellites quickly. My MTK6589t phone locate them within some 30 seconds while the PiPO M9 Pro can not though I have never really tried to resolve it since I do not need GPS on this tablet.
              Now they have released a beta version of Android 4.4.2, Though only for the WiFi version.

Comment

Originally posted by rodentkj View Post
                Which method did you use? Replacing the wire or tape insulation?
                I replaced the wires with 2new and seperated positive and ground according to the picture

Comment

Just a heads up guys. Do be careful when opening the tablet. I have trashed my microsd slot by accident already so do be super careful when tearing this tablet apart. Thankfully I can still use the micro SD else where. Plus this tablet has 32 GB worth. Hopefully you guys don't face such issues as I did

Comment

if someone is interested, this is what I do on my M6pro 3G:

Comment

salut

Originally posted by madsega View Post
                      Hey guys,

I had the same problem with the WIFI as everyone else. Couldn't stay connected for more than 15 minutes, sometimes it would drop after 30 seconds or 2 minutes. After reading all the posts here and other forums about replacing the wires, yesterday I thought I'd give it a shot.

Before replacing the wires, I wanted to try something I read elsewhere (where they said there's no reason to replace the wires).

I unglued (not unsoldered!) the wifi adapter from the case, cut a piece of thicker paper to fit between the case and the wifi adapter and placed it between the two. Then I put the adapter back in the original position (on top of the paper), put 3 stripes of insulating tape (image below) over it to shield it(?), and the original scotch tape that was over it.

I'm glad to say that yesterday, I had 6 hours with no interruption and today another 4 hours. Also, when connecting from one network to another, if I turn WIFI off while it's connected and then turn it back on, it connects instantly. As range goes, it's still good, I have 54Mb (router max speed) while in the room with the router, and about 36Mb while in other rooms with concrete walls.

Hope it helps for you guys who want to try something else before messing up with the wires.

Here is how you should open the Pipo (look for open pipo M9 01 17 part & open pipo M9 02 17 part)

Cheers
                      Am vazut ca esti roman si de aceea am o rugaminte la tine. Am aceeasi problema cu wi fi ( instabilitatea conexiunii) la o tableta pipo m9 pro 3g si nu ma pricep la chestii de astea precum deschisul tabletei, inlocuit fire sau lipituri. Daca manpoti ajuta cu repararea ei te rog sa imi dai un raspuns. Eu sint din Bucuresti.
                      Multumesc

Comment

Originally posted by catalin1970 View Post
                        Am vazut ca esti roman si de aceea am o rugaminte la tine. Am aceeasi problema cu wi fi ( instabilitatea conexiunii) la o tableta pipo m9 pro 3g si nu ma pricep la chestii de astea precum deschisul tabletei, inlocuit fire sau lipituri. Daca manpoti ajuta cu repararea ei te rog sa imi dai un raspuns. Eu sint din Bucuresti.
                        Multumesc
                        english,
                        please

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                          english,
                          please
                          Sorry. This is only a request for help as that guy is Romanian.

Comment

In this case it is better to write a PM directly to him...

Comment

First of all I want to thank everybody in this forum for your wonderful and helpful ideas and comments.

I want to share my experiences with you for this topic.

I wanted to get better signal from my wifi antenna, so I decided to do the cardboard trick, long story short, made the same mistake as giouncino, pulled too hard from the antenna...

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                              for wi-fi I did not test because i destroyed the stock antenna during solderings...

For this reason I decided to buy hopefully better antennas and I ordered a Wifi/bluethooth antenna (the same antenna is shared between wi-fi and bluethooth) on e-bay coming from an iPad mini (2,43€) and a 3G antenna coming from a HP laptop (8,98€).
                              As soon as the new antennas will arrive I'll check if they are really better than PIPO stock ones.

So I went on **** and ordered an Ipad replacement, took the broken one out then installed the new one... The new antenna behave pretty much as the broken one!. Very low signal and constant disconnections. So it was time for other options.

I searched the internet for a replacement that could work with my Pipo M9 Pro. And I found this article http://fabiobaltieri.com/2012/06/02/...-wifi-antenna/

That was something to give a try, so I bought a roll of 10mm copper tape and cutted the design.

I soldered both wires to the antenna, but as Finless found out, my signal was not quite good.

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              FYI for my tablet all I did was de-solder the ground/shield side of the antenna and this totally fixed it.

We had this very same issue on the MK808 TV stick and de-soldering ground fixed those too.

Now the best way is like the above procedure but I can tell you just desoldering ground also works and did for hundreds of MK808's as well as my M9 Pro

Bob
                              So just left the red wire (+) connected and completely removed the black wire. As Finless says: "If it works..."

Here is the final result:

Here are some readouts, before and after:

These where taken 3m in front of the router.

These are from a floor above from the router.

Hope this helps somebody that has a broken antenna like me.

I am very happy with the performance of this DIY antenna. Besides it only costs pennys to build.

Good luck and continue with your research.

Sincerely.

Comment

I'm also not happy of the performance of iPad antenna replacement...
                                So I think I will build my own antenna too!

Thank you for sharing your results.

Comment

Working...
                                X