This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time User's Guide for RileyROM's

Each of my ROM kits contains a pdf file with a complete set of instructions in great detail. Thanks to Freaktab member Pr0xZen for doing much of the research and producing the first versions of this guide. I have since updated it with some more information and features.

If you are just considering installing a custom ROM to a Rockchip device, and would like to look at the guide without having to download the entire ROM...here is a link to the First Time User's Guide for your review. Actually, this guide will help you with any Rockchip device, and any ROM you download from Freaktab.

Download (for RK3066 or RK3188 devices)
    Download (for RK3288 devices)
    Download (for MTK devices)

If you have any comments or suggestions about the content of this guide, feel free to post on this thread. This guide is constantly evolving, and many things either need to be further explained, or become obsolete.

If this Guide makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 10-14-2014, 05:50.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

The First Time User's Guide has been updated to v7.

I cleared up some confusion about the file name of the flash tool used to flash RileyROM's.

I also added some links to some important Freaktab threads that should be studied before making an attempt to flash for the first time.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I did a little more work on this guide, now v8.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Donate here

Comment

BIG THANKS

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        I did a little more work on this guide, now v8.

Excelent work. I really appreciate all your work master Randy, Thank you so much.

Comment

Rom and App backups before installation

Thank you Randy for all your work on the Pipo tablets!

I would like to install RileyRom (in my case RileyROM 2.0 for Pipo U8) on an a Pipo U8 running unrooted stock 4.2. Before I install a new Rom I would like to backup the current Rom, the apps and their data.
          Where can I find instructions for backing up the Rom (as I am still with the Stock Rom) and rooting the tablet (for using Titanium backup) or an alternative route for backing up apps and their data?
          The guide mentions an experimental "Flash Tool with instructions on making a backup of your device prior to flashing". Is this tool fully operational and does it backup apps in addition to the current Rom?

Thanks!

Comment

The download link seem to be broken.

Comment

I'll fix it today. I made an update to it...but didn't update the link.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

The link is now fixed...to the latest version of the guide.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Thanks! I will read it tonight.

Comment

Good work you are doing here Bro. But this userguide is for those using rockchip devices. Please what about we using MTK devices?

Cos for me, am using Pipo U7, and I need to upgrade the firmware to either any of your custom rom(thats if you have any for Pipo U7) or the one on their website. Please help me out. Thanks
                    Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    Each of my ROM kits contains a pdf file with a complete set of instructions in great detail. Thanks to Freaktab member Pr0xZen for doing much of the research and producing the first versions of this guide. I have since updated it with some more information and features.

If you are just considering installing a custom ROM to a Rockchip device, and would like to look at the guide without having to download the entire ROM...here is a link to the First Time User's Guide for your review. Actually, this guide will help you with any Rockchip device, and any ROM you download from Freaktab.

Download

If you have any comments or suggestions about the content of this guide, feel free to post on this thread. This guide is constantly evolving, and many things either need to be further explained, or become obsolete.

If this Guide makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Comment

I created one for MTK, which is included in my ROM zip files. I need to revise it some more and I will post a link here. Thanks for the interest. Also watch for a U7 ROM in the next few days.

Sent from my P9
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I've updated post #1 to include new versions of the First Time User's Guide for RK3288 and MTK devices. This guide is also included in each RileyROM zip file.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I want to update my tablet but seems links doesn't work.

Comment

Hi ,

think the Links are to old , what Tablet / CPU , do you have ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                            X