This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto APK Install Feature

As a byproduct of getting a working CWM Recovery for these Pipo tablets, my development collegues here at Freaktab have devised a process to automatically install CWM after the first boot and select APK files you wish to use immediately.

The stock recovery will appear on first boot and format all of the necessary partitions, then the system will automatically install CWM Recovery after the first boot. So let the tablet set of a minute or two while this is being done before you reboot. From then on, when you reboot to recovery you will be in CWM.

Now, You can install Apps automatically from your external SD card

Next, there is a feature to automatically install any apps you have in a folder called "autoinstall" on your external SD card. Just load the apk files you wish to install in that folder and watch them populate to the app drawer immediately after the tablet boots for the first time.

CWM will install last, so just wait about a minute after you see your last app populate to the app drawer.

Now there are some limitations to this feature.

First, you must have no spaces in the file names of the apk files. Just use your explorer app to rename the apps to remove spaces.

Also, I wouldn't just install EVERYTHING from autoinstall. This is for utilities you need immediately. It's still better to restore your apps/data from a Titanium Backup. Some apps don't like to be installed this way. For instance, if you have an app like Titanium that has a key app to unlock all the features, you can install Titanium, but NOT the key app this way. Those key apps prefer to be installed via Google Play Store or from a Titanium Backup.

Just experiment with it and see how it works for you.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here
Working...
X