Clear All

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.6 with SDK 2.0

Good good
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

1.6a for Wifi version

The 1.6a update has finished uploading.

This new ROM kit includes the missing networklocation.apk I extracted from my 3G ROM.

No other changes.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
        AHAH! THIS is why lambstone got wifi-location working with MetaRom V002 ! The bloody file is missing ! He said he fixed it, it "wasn't a bug" - but wouldn't say more. Sneaky bugger :P

Randy, I'll send you the file in a few minutes. I was trying something out with the charger, and had to do a hard reset by reboot2flash. My reset button seems defective - need to pop this baby open soon.
        That's because nobody asked how I did it you see

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.6 with SDK 2.0

Touché

Comment

does Netflix work without any issues in SDK 2.0?

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.6 with SDK 2.0

It actually worked on the last ROM.

I haven't tested it yet on 1.6. I haven't picked up my replacement tablet yet.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Netflix plays fine here. Have an intermittent issue with controllers not being usable during playback - they pop up for a flash when /releasing/ your finger from the screen. Have to rapidly tap in the right place and hope for the best.

I think this app related though, not rom related. Haven't tried netflix on android since before the june update.

Comment

just installed your rom, great work Randy Netflix plays fine but seek is tad messed up

Comment

Yeah - they can't get it properly together on their native side even... Netflix need more competent people on programming. With the immense growth of large-screen phones, fablets and tablets on Android the last year, it is clear that the Android application is not some niche product that can be down-prioritized. It is probably the quickest developing platform, and thus need extra attention to keep up. The mobile platforms could be a goldmine for Netflix - but only if they provide a good, stable and effective interface and experience.
                    Last edited by pr0xZen; 07-08-2013, 02:30.

Comment

I'm trying to flash the new 1.6 ROM but after a successful reboot to flash I am "Error - Erase IBD Failed"

Any ideas why this might be? I never had a single problem flashing any of the other ROMs. My batter is currently charged at 52% with the charger plugged in. Could that be the problem? Thanks all!

Comment

Every time this has happened to me it is because I either didn't wait long enough after switching to flash mode (you need to give a little bit to link up correctly).

Or, it is a bad USB connection (or just less than optimal connection). Just disconnect the cable...try it in a different (no USB 3.0 ports...they aren't compatible)...or try a different cable.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          Every time this has happened to me it is because I either didn't wait long enough after switching to flash mode (you need to give a little bit to link up correctly).

Or, it is a bad USB connection (or just less than optimal connection). Just disconnect the cable...try it in a different (no USB 3.0 ports...they aren't compatible)...or try a different cable.
                          Thanks Riley. I think there might be an issue with the machine I am trying to do it on here in work. I'll try it on my home computer when I get in this morning. Thank you

Comment

Worked perfectly today from my home computer so its all good. The Bluetooth still seems to be somewhat 'iffy'. It took me about 20 attempts to pair with my Bluetooth headphones whereas the last ROM didn't work at all with it. My BT headphones pair perfectly with several phones I've tried so I am still a little worried about the reliability of Bluetooth on the Pipo. Still, at least it's better than no pairing at all!

Comment

Originally posted by vipergrm View Post
                              Worked perfectly today from my home computer so its all good. The Bluetooth still seems to be somewhat 'iffy'. It took me about 20 attempts to pair with my Bluetooth headphones whereas the last ROM didn't work at all with it. My BT headphones pair perfectly with several phones I've tried so I am still a little worried about the reliability of Bluetooth on the Pipo. Still, at least it's better than no pairing at all!
                              Good to hear

We'll keep an eye on BT issues and resolvements. Its good that you bring this up - because with this being a tablet, of wich atleast half of us has WIFI only so no chance of ordinary phone calls - and with the Wifi Hotspot capabilities of most modern android phones - the BT part doesn't get as much focus as it used to... it doesn't see the same ammount of use on a platform like this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
                                Good to hear

We'll keep an eye on BT issues and resolvements. Its good that you bring this up - because with this being a tablet, of wich atleast half of us has WIFI only so no chance of ordinary phone calls - and with the Wifi Hotspot capabilities of most modern android phones - the BT part doesn't get as much focus as it used to... it doesn't see the same ammount of use on a platform like this anymore.
                                I completely agree. I mostly prefer the option to connect my headphones via cable anyway as the sound quality is better. I tried one other Bluetooth device (ODB II BLuetooth diagnostic dongle) and couldn't get this to pair at all on v1.5 or stock ROM. I haven't tried it since BT 4.0 was enabled but I will definitely try this when I get the dongle back.

Comment

Working...
                                X