Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
    Both using the same parameter file?

I wonder if this has any relation at all - to flashing and/or flashing method - former use - of RK Batch Tool for stock flashes. I' still a little uncertain as to what the "Restore" fuction really does, that the "Upgrade" doesn't. I believe i formats entire NAND, but that's just a guess...

Any of you ever flashed a stock(pipo original) rom using RK Batch Tool? Did you use Upgrader or Restore? I suspect you haven't Randy, but what you, gujo82 ?
    It was the same 4096 last time i flashed 1.5, and prior to that i had installed a stockrom using a different method then the one you suggested. Cant remember what method i used for it, but i believe it was from a guide on Pipos website.

Iam not sure if its 1.6, the suggested method or the fact that i changed my homerouter (finally) to my old netgear n300 with tomato rom - but the tablet seems quite alot snappier in browsing and most other things too. the "wait several seconds for keyboard" hasnt struck yet at least

Comment

The most important thing is that it (hopefully) remedied your problem Your network shouldn't affect the overall performance - although it can affect Chrome keyboard performance if the connection is /REALLY/ bad - and you use suggestive search (google hits come up /as/ you type - changing "with every letter".
      Support your local flasher
      Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
        The most important thing is that it (hopefully) remedied your problem Your network shouldn't affect the overall performance - although it can affect Chrome keyboard performance if the connection is /REALLY/ bad - and you use suggestive search (google hits come up /as/ you type - changing "with every letter".
        Yeah the keyboard issue shouldnt have been due to the network, It wasnt bad-bad, i bumped the transferspeed with about 2MB, and hopefully got a more stable signal.. but the search suggestions shouldnt have an effect even before the keyboard pops up right..?

Another thing - i noticed in the rom some apps (SU rights manager) are in chinese, took a while before i figured out which of the buttons were allow access for root rights

Comment

Yes, that was my bad.

I noticed this firmware was already rooted, so I left their rooting stuff alone (I was curious to see what it was) My next ROM will go back to the same Superuser app.

I'm just seeing this ROM on my tablet for the first time today, because I had a hardware failure with my tablet. Now I have a new one, but it isn't quite right, either.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

For the record, my 'eraseIDB' part only every counts up to 4096 as well. I thought this was an issue at first but turns out that the issues were caused by a) incorrectly using a USB 3.0 port which doesn't work and b) flashing on my work PC plain doesn't work. Not sure why but not worried because it works fine on my home PC - using USB 2.0 of course! Even on my home PC mine still only counts to 4096 but the ROM works fine. I don't know why this is.

@pr0xZen I installed the stock ROM using the RK batch tool which I downloaded from the Pipo website. The problem I had is that the instructions on the Pipo website to get the tablet into flash mode are a total load of nonsense. They don't work at all. Instead, I simply used the 900SuperSupport ROM flash tool used by RileyRoms and clicked 'Reboot2Flash'. I am then able to flash stock ROM using RK Batch Tool 1.7 with no problems.

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.6 with SDK 2.0

I have flashed so many ROMs lately, I really can't remember the actual count for the M8 Pro.

The bottom line is that the ROM works for you. That's great!!!!!

Randy
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by vipergrm View Post
                @pr0xZen I installed the stock ROM using the RK batch tool which I downloaded from the Pipo website. The problem I had is that the instructions on the Pipo website to get the tablet into flash mode are a total load of nonsense. They don't work at all. Instead, I simply used the 900SuperSupport ROM flash tool used by RileyRoms and clicked 'Reboot2Flash'. I am then able to flash stock ROM using RK Batch Tool 1.7 with no problems.
                I am aware of this, but not much we can do about the Pipo site If you want to "Reboot2flash" With RK Batch Tool, just click the "Switch" button. Should work the same way as "Reboot2flash" in RKAndroidTool (900SuperSuport ROM flash tool).
                Support your local flasher
                Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Wow, 2 days is really fast. At my last workplace, I ordered a tablet from China, and still haven't gotten it, I think it's waiting for me to find a new job.

Comment

Working...
                  X