Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Are you saying to connect the tablet with the USB to my PC?
    Yes, the fact to plug the usb in the tablet will switch on the screen !
    It arrives sometimes to me, when you can't start it, just try to see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
      First, I thought I had posted this. If I have duplicated the post ...please forgive.

Anyone else having issues with random shutdowns ...that need the paperclip/reset hole routine to bring it back up?

I am using the RR1.9 on my M8 Pro. It has been doing very well, but of late has been getting random shutdowns more frequently.

My most recent example is this morning. I put the tab on to charge. It shut itself down at 45%, requiring the paperclip. This is the first time it has done this while charging.

Any ideas? I am hoping software, and a reload of 1.9 would be the cure.

Thanks.

The same problem on my M8pro (and M7pro).
      in fact, I think all the PIPO tablet has the same problem.

You can using "Always awake" this app.(need root)
      It works on my M8pro.
      and also can keep connect wifi and bluetooth.

hopes help

Comment

Originally posted by qqsam123 View Post
        The same problem on my M8pro (and M7pro).
        in fact, I think all the PIPO tablet has the same problem.

You can using "Always awake" this app.(need root)
        It works on my M8pro.
        and also can keep connect wifi and bluetooth.

hopes help
        Hopefully it is as Randy says above ...something I have loaded.

One thing I tried last night was to clear he delvic cache with CWM. We will see, and I will report back if it helped.

Thanks for the reply.
        Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          It must be some app you added recently...or an update to an app you downloaded.

I haven't experienced any problems with my M8 Pro, but it has been over a week since I've booted it up...I've been concentrating on my M7 Pro for a bit.
          Thanks for your reply, Randy.

I will report back if the delvic cache cleaning helped.

Comment

Cleaning the DC (delvic cache)

Well ...it seems to have helped. So far ...no shutdowns (hope I am not pre-mature).

This last time I charged the M8 Pro ...I left the screen up and glowing, rather than turning it off.

Not sure if that helped in any way, but it is charging all the way now ...that be good!

Curious. Was there a change made to the M8 Pro/1.9 Rileyrom that would enable charging without the screen being up? I looked, but I may have missed it.

Thank you.

Comment

The screen should NOT need to be on, for the tablet to stay on - regardless of charging or not, and firmware version. If the tablet instantly shuts down without any warning, this would usually indicate an issue with power management - when the tablet goes into sleep mode. Hopefully this was corrupted software, possibly in the dalvik cache - time will show...

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 4
              Support your local flasher
              Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

I have had many requests for this, so here you go.

The last time Pipo posted anything new for the M8 Pro was on 7/31...which seems like forever ago. I don't know whether they felt that they had the most stable firmware possible, or just stopped concentrating on this model.

One of the stock features of this firmware that I've removed in the past is the Pipo Launcher. It is tiled UI similar to the Windows 8 look. The reason I removed it was...first to reduce the bloat and make the system more streamlined...and second because Pipo required a pass code to activate the stock apps.

Pipo has changed their process of activating tablets, to not require a pass code. So, the second reason went away.

Anyway, I've decided to put together a rooted version of the 1.9 ROM with ALL of the stock apps in place, including the Pipo Launcher.

After flashing, on first boot, you will get a black screen with a title at the top that says "Provision". You will get a prompt requesting you to activate the product. Touch the activate now button. You will be sent to your wifi settings to set up an internet connection. Go ahead and set up your wifi, then reboot.

On second boot, the provision app will return and you will see popups at the bottom indicating which apps are being activated. This takes a REALLY LONG TIME, so don't worry. When it's done, you will be prompted to select a launcher.

After that you are able to finish setting up your tablet.

This Pipo Launcher is cool...but it seems that it would take me forever to set the thing up the way I would want it. I'm kind of attached to Apex Launcher. To each his own, I guess.

Here is the download link:

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 1.9 Rooted Stock Wifi

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 1.9 Rooted Stock 3G

Enjoy!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
                Donate!!!
                Last edited by rrileypm; 09-25-2013, 02:00.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

So Basicly, the only difference is that the Pipo shit is back?

Comment

Yes, you have choices...this is the same firmware, but I got requests for a version with all of the Pipo (stuff)...remember this forum is rated "G"!!!! hahaha!!!!!
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

New version by Pipo

Seems there is a new version on the Pipo site:

Again only the Chinese version.

Wil you make an Riley 2.0 out of it?

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Hahaha!!! I was up late last night scanning the Pipo site for a new ROM to make. It was going to be my 200th ROM. I even asked on the Pipo forum when a new release was planned...

Well...I made a ROM last night...but it wasn't Pipo.

Yes, I'm kind of busy today, but I'll do v2.0 tonight!!!!!

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          Hahaha!!! I was up late last night scanning the Pipo site for a new ROM to make. It was going to be my 200th ROM. I even asked on the Pipo forum when a new release was planned...

Well...I made a ROM last night...but it wasn't Pipo.

Yes, I'm kind of busy today, but I'll do v2.0 tonight!!!!!

Randy
                          Thats great, I'm hoping for an clean one.

Comment

Still watching, Randy.. .but it looks like my issue with my M8 Pro shutting down may have been an app. I had loaded. (It was - 'Turn Off The Screen' by Protoport).

Thought it good to report. Thanks for your hard work.

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Power management...
                              Support your local flasher
                              Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
                                Power management...
                                If this is a reference to my comment about the possible bad app., please explain more what you mean by 'power management'.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X