X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo site up again

hy Randy,

Congrats with your son's victory.

The Pipo site is back up, but to be on the save side I've downloaded both files just in case. So if you need them then drop me a line ion how to get them to you.

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Yes, Titanium Backup does require root. It works with the individual threads and applications, including system processes. While you can use it to restore or fuse in some processes - it is still an app, and thus cannot do the flashing for you. It would require it to overwrite itself, AND remove its own process from memory while performing its task.
      Support your local flasher
      Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

hmmm, I'm lost. I just want to make a back up of the Pipo Launcher from the original firmware and then re-install the launcher after installing Riley's ROM. Can I do that without root on the original firmware?
        Thanks

Comment

AFAIK, you need root to be able to get the laucher "back in", as it is a system service/app. RileyROM comes pre-rooted anyway (or maybe it optional now?), so that bit shouldn't pose any problems.

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 4
          Support your local flasher
          Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Hi,

I've just downloaded this new firmware from Pipo. Not yet installed.

But as I see the differences between the two are mainly files on directories : app, framework and some on lib, etc and bin.

The kernel and boot images are also diiferents.

Maybe a patch flashable in recovery can be done ?

So the data will be conserved.

I will try for me and share if it's OK

Comment

A reload and APEX!

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
              Still watching, Randy.. .but it looks like my issue with my M8 Pro shutting down may have been an app. I had loaded. (It was - 'Turn Off The Screen' by Protoport).

Thought it good to report. Thanks for your hard work.

Well it was more than one app., apparently. No prob, though ...just reloaded 1.9, and am being cautious about what I load on top of it.

Interesting development, though! This time I loaded the Apex Launcher, and lo and behold ...my battery seems to be doing much better.

Is this possible? I was using the Go launcher before.

Anyway ..I like it!
              Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Stay tuned...tomorrow I will release v2.0. I have the official firmware now. I'm just at work tonight and can't really do anything with it.

All I have to do is add tun.ko and cifs.ko
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Hi,

Good news

bugs with last applications have been corrected so far with this release.

When off, if you put the tablet on charging, it will not power on

but My power button is dead and my cwm has corrupted my tablet (permission error)

So must do a restore, but without a power button it will be a challenge.

Comment

RileyROM v2.0 is released!!!!!!

I've started a new thread.

Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      I have had many requests for this, so here you go.

The last time Pipo posted anything new for the M8 Pro was on 7/31...which seems like forever ago. I don't know whether they felt that they had the most stable firmware possible, or just stopped concentrating on this model.

One of the stock features of this firmware that I've removed in the past is the Pipo Launcher. It is tiled UI similar to the Windows 8 look. The reason I removed it was...first to reduce the bloat and make the system more streamlined...and second because Pipo required a pass code to activate the stock apps.

Pipo has changed their process of activating tablets, to not require a pass code. So, the second reason went away.

Anyway, I've decided to put together a rooted version of the 1.9 ROM with ALL of the stock apps in place, including the Pipo Launcher.

After flashing, on first boot, you will get a black screen with a title at the top that says "Provision". You will get a prompt requesting you to activate the product. Touch the activate now button. You will be sent to your wifi settings to set up an internet connection. Go ahead and set up your wifi, then reboot.

On second boot, the provision app will return and you will see popups at the bottom indicating which apps are being activated. This takes a REALLY LONG TIME, so don't worry. When it's done, you will be prompted to select a launcher.

After that you are able to finish setting up your tablet.

This Pipo Launcher is cool...but it seems that it would take me forever to set the thing up the way I would want it. I'm kind of attached to Apex Launcher. To each his own, I guess.

Here is the download link:

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 1.9 Rooted Stock Wifi

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 1.9 Rooted Stock 3G

Enjoy!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
                      Donate!!!
                      For some reason, the links was broken to this...I've fixed them.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Working...
                      X