Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    There is a 1.8 that I did in between that introduced the multi window feature. You can try that ROM...but it is 3G only.

These devices will stay on when plugged in to the charger...that's normal.

Randy
    Hi, I am sorry to say, but that is not true. I have several m8pro wifi arround here and your rom is the only one who boots itself when the charger is plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcopy View Post
      Hi, I am sorry to say, but that is not true. I have several m8pro wifi arround here and your rom is the only one who boots itself when the charger is plugged in.
      Hi,I think it's due to the new boot.img from PIPO.

Maybe, can we reflash the old one (from june) but I don't know if it will be working !

Comment

I don't think so. V1.8 had the same problem. I have one running under the beta software from Pipo and that one doesn't have the problem either. I have also tryed 2 versions from another maker and they also don't boot up when I plug in the charger. If needed, I can make a video from the other tablet.

Comment

I don't think so. V1.8 had the same problem. I have one running under the beta software from Pipo and that one doesn't have the problem either. I have also tryed 2 versions from another maker and they also don't boot up when I plug in the charger. If needed, I can make a video from the other tablet.
          I have the version from chinese forum (version 171) (that one that Riley use to make the V1.8), I have the same problem : same boot.img file

which version (beta software from Pipo) you use ?

Comment

Pipo Beta 20130629 4.2.2 SDK 2.0. My last Pipo m8pro wifi was deliverd with it. The only thing that I can emagine is that it could be is that it only happens with the Chinese version. And that is what Rriley uses.

Comment

Pipo Beta 20130629 4.2.2 SDK 2.0. My last Pipo m8pro wifi was deliverd with it. The only thing that I can emagine is that it could be is that it only happens with the Chinese version. And that is what Rriley uses.
              So, we are OK together, the one you have is the one Riley use for 1.7 (boot.img different from the new 1.8 and 1.9)

I'm trying to flash this boot.img to see what happens, I tell you then

Comment

Finally I got it

So use the RKAndroidTool from Riley.
                Proceed as usual to flash ROM

uncheck all except MISC and BOOT

For BOOT image choose old one from Riley 1.7 or from Pipo 20130530 (I have extract it from the update image here)
                The differences are only on the image showed on boot.MISC are always the same

Then click on RebootToFlash and finally on FlashROM
                (your data will be unchanged)

Then when off, if you put power on, the tablet will not start only charging
                When on, nothing changes, you have still multi Windows

Comment

This being my first Chinese tablet and after having the same issue with 1.8 and 1.9 I'm a little worried there could be an issue with my WiFi antenna in my tablet. It seems that I connect ok, however whenever I try to load a page or the play store it drops my connection. Are there suggested router setups or anything I can look at to narrow down my problem? I was also thinking of going back to stock firmware just to see how it behaves. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

If you flash a stock boot image from a different ROM, you will be booting with the older kernel. There is a kernel embedded in the stock boot.img. My ROMs have the kernel stripped out of the boot.img...so it will boot from the kernel.img in the ROM. I'm not saying not to do it...but realize that stock boot.img files come with the kernel of the particular firmware you are flashing from. I wouldn't flash an SDK 1.0 boot.img with an SDK 2.0 ROM.

If there is an English version of a firmware available I try to use it. In this case there wasn't.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Let me clarify a little. The tablet first looks for a kernel within the boot.img. If one isn't there...it picks up the kernel.img file. Stock recovery.img also contains a kernel...but that is only to run recovery...and the system won't try to use it to boot from.

Every Rockchip tablet I have owned powered up when the charger was plugged in...sometimes it goes into a charging mode and shows an animation of the battery charging...but the tablet still comes on.

I will do some playing around with this. You are correct...this is done from the boot.img.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

If you flash a stock boot image from a different ROM, you will be booting with the older kernel. There is a kernel embedded in the stock boot.img. My ROMs have the kernel stripped out of the boot.img...so it will boot from the kernel.img in the ROM. I'm not saying not to do it...but realize that stock boot.img files come with the kernel of the particular firmware you are flashing from. I wouldn't flash an SDK 1.0 boot.img with an SDK 2.0 ROM.

If there is an English version of a firmware available I try to use it. In this case there wasn't.
                        If I'm not wrong, the boot.img is use only to boot and load the system.img and kernel.img then.

Let me clarify a little. The tablet first looks for a kernel within the boot.img. If one isn't there...it picks up the kernel.img file. Stock recovery.img also contains a kernel...but that is only to run recovery...and the system won't try to use it to boot from.

Every Rockchip tablet I have owned powered up when the charger was plugged in...sometimes it goes into a charging mode and shows an animation of the battery charging...but the tablet still comes on.

I will do some playing around with this. You are correct...this is done from the boot.img.
                        It's exactly what I have. (animation of the battery) when powered and my tablet is working well for the moment

I have done it (with old pipo boot), so if something goes wrong I will tell here as soon as possible.

Comment

Well I tried another ROM from another site and same issue. Connect try to do anything and it drops.

So it's either my WiFi or the tablet. I'm worried about having to return this thing.

Comment

small windows not working

please any body have same problem regarding 1.9 rileyrom?

as i show you if i like to chose any of this windows it not react it will not bring them up at all only it will bring that one that i use it from last time
                            what shall i do please some body help me
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shajar View Post
                              please any body have same problem regarding 1.9 rileyrom?

as i show you if i like to chose any of this windows it not react it will not bring them up at all only it will bring that one that i use it from last time
                              what shall i do please some body help me
                              Tested it here, and I have the same issue. It already existed in V1.8 but I didn't pay attention to it then. Only now you mention, I did remember it.

Comment

Hi have the slight problem of when I plug the power in the tab turns on did not do it with 1.7 so dont know what has changed. The rom is great though working well.

Comment

Working...
                                X