Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Does the touch screen quit working? Is this on the 3g or wifi versions?...or both...

I'm trying to recreate the problem on my wifi M8 Pro...but everything seems to work OK.

Wifi is good.

No freezes on choosing apps.

The tablet does power up when I plug in charger...to a charging screen...but it goes off when I press the power button.

Sent from my M5
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Starcopy View Post
      Hi, I am sorry to say, but that is not true. I have several m8pro wifi arround here and your rom is the only one who boots itself when the charger is plugged in.
      I turn mine off ..plug it in and it does not come on ...other than the initial charging screen, which goes away. I have to do a full boot to start it after a charge.

Right now I have RR1.7 installed.
      Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Hi, just flashed your ROM, everything works fine except the internal storage, I cant use the camera or the Gallery without a microSD card pluged in.

Edit: Sorry didnt notice the last note at the PDF about this point. Just mounted and formated the internal memory and it worked.

Thanks for your work.

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Just power off and remove the external SD.

Power back on.

Go to settings...storage

Mount internal NAND.

You will get a notification that says damaged storage.

Touch the notification and select format.

This will set up your internal storage.

Having to do this process is a side effect of running CWM recovery in place of stock recovery...which does it automatically.

Sent from my M5
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

I just finished uploading the fix for the boot animations. If anyone wants to reflash and test.

Let me know how it goes.

Randy
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              The tablet does power up when I plug in charger...to a charging screen...but it goes off when I press the power button.

Sent from my M5
              It was with yours 1.9 version ?
              so I do not understand anything !

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Does the touch screen quit working? Is this on the 3g or wifi versions?...or both...

I'm trying to recreate the problem on my wifi M8 Pro...but everything seems to work OK.

Wifi is good.

No freezes on choosing apps.

Sent from my M5
                Mine doesn't. I can create some of the problems mansioned.

When shutdown and the charger get's plugged in, it wil do a bootup to the end where it ends up with the desktop, not only a charging screen like the original pipo rom does.

If there are multiple programs open, I can only go the last one opened. I Can close the rest, but it is not possible to re-open them. If there are 3 lined up as in the image, I can touch the left one, but the one on the right wil activate. If there are 10 its the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-02-11-22-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	430538

Wifi can be a bit on the slow side, but I think that its more a pipo problem than this rom's.

Something I also don't understand is how the parameters work. I can rename it, but then comes a popup "the the parameter isn't set" and thats it. When i use the original file then it wil work.

Since I made already a backup from al programs, I can test, install, and flash al you want. So let me know if I can of any assistance to you.

Comment

Tested it here, and I have the same issue. It already existed in V1.8 but I didn't pay attention to it then. Only now you mention, I did remember it.
                  hi so how you solv ethe problem becuse it is very importany in 1.8 and 1.9 have a same problem only 1.7 work perfect but if i go back to1.7 we will loss multiwindows funtion
                  anty body can fix this problem and it seem not only i have this problem
                  thanksssss

Comment

Mine doesn't. I can create some of the problems mansioned.

When shutdown and the charger get's plugged in, it wil do a bootup to the end where it ends up with the desktop, not only a charging screen like the original pipo rom does.

If there are multiple programs open, I can only go the last one opened. I Can close the rest, but it is not possible to re-open them. If there are 3 lined up as in the image, I can touch the left one, but the one on the right wil activate. If there are 10 its the same.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2843[/ATTACH]

Wifi can be a bit on the slow side, but I think that its more a pipo problem than this rom's.

Something I also don't understand is how the parameters work. I can rename it, but then comes a popup "the the parameter isn't set" and thats it. When i use the original file then it wil work.

Since I made already a backup from al programs, I can test, install, and flash al you want. So let me know if I can of any assistance to you.
                    =========================================

hi you are exactly right so
                    1) so if you shut down and you have plug in charge your pipo will restart agin i try more than 10 times same result the only way is to un plug it when u switch of

2) i post allready 2 time regarding this issue if you have multiple program open it doesnot matter 2 or 5 or 10 if you like to chose it will not react it goes only to last program when you use it and rest it not active

please some body look after this problem becuse it is big issue

thanks wait for your kind advice

Comment

Well Im not sure if this question belong here, if not please tell me and I delete the message.

Is there any way to put the navigation buttons(back, home, background apps) to the left corner instead of the center of the screen?

Comment

Last Version (From Today) Reboot Problems

Hello Riley . First Of all A Lot of thanks for you hard work.

I Upgraded my M8 Pro From 1.6 To 1.9 Latest Version (From Today) , Great new Boot Animation ,

The problem first arriesed after CMW Reboot of first flash , the tablet just didn't reboot (i waited around 5 minutes).

Then i used your guide re-flushed with the power button pressed like stated in the readme and the tablet rebooted ok , after finished what was writen in the readme and used the reboot app to reboot , accepted the root request , and again booted to black screen.

I cAN POWER OFF AND THEN EVERYTHING IS OK , BUT REBOOT SEEMS TO MAKE THE TABLET IN A BLACK SCREEN THAT THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE IS THE ESC-POWER-RESET COMBINATION.

again many thanks for the hard work

Comment

After flashing, when it gets to the CWM screen...scroll down and clear the cache in CWM...it will take you to another screen...just scroll down to confirm and hit the power button. Then reboot device.

Hopefully that will allow you to boot.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

reboot issue

Hello riley and thanks for your quick response I did the clear cache and it still happens , any ideas?

Comment

There was a report that some people are having problems with the parameter files...try downloading the 1.8 ROM and see if you can use the parameter file from that ROM. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but it is worth a try.

I'm using the default parameter from this ROM and I don't have any problems.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

There was a report that some people are having problems with the parameter files...try downloading the 1.8 ROM and see if you can use the parameter file from that ROM. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but it is worth a try.

I'm using the default parameter from this ROM and I don't have any problems.
                                I have tryed them both. the default works on them, but when I rename it, that doesn't work. The defautl is an file (don't know what the extantion is) and the extra files for renameming are al *.txt. So it stays a .txt, it wil not turn in to a file like the default.

To solve that problem you have to make al files like the default and not saving them as a .txt

Comment

Working...
                                X