Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

It seems there are some gremlins in this ROM.

As I have posted before...I had a battery issue with my first M8 Pro and had to exchange it for a new one.

When my new one arrived, I found that I couldn't power it on with the power button. I had to plug in a USB cable to it to power up. This went on for about a week with the stock ROM. I was about to send this one back when all of a sudden...it started working correctly.

Now...I'm getting reports of very strange things happening with other people's tablets...which I luckily haven't been experiencing on mine. I can't explain it.

Usually if there is a problem with my ROM...the same problem happens on all tablets. That isn't the case with this ROM.

I just hope Pipo will pick up on these issues and clean up their firmware soon.

We were cruising fine with SDK 1. Then SDK 2 came out...and it took a few versions to iron things out...but not quite. Now....before the SDK 2 is perfected...we have this multi window. I'm afraid they are trying to do too much change all at once.

All I can do is wait for the next update and make a new ROM. Everyone please post any workarounds you might find to share.

Meantime...I will continue to test.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by robberburn View Post
      Same here, after unplugging after charging dark screen, no response. This happens since 1.8.
      My workaround is to plug in the micro-usb cable and press the power-button.

But keep on doing other great Roms. Thank you Randy
      Got this yesterday, tablet charged but won't restart by power button.

Finally same idea as you, plug the usb and screen gets on (strange) but good to know

I remember to have charged it with usb cable on maybe that ' s why ?

Comment

Can you guys charge the tablet with it OFF? When I plug the DC in, the tablet turns on by itself. This doesn't happen with the stock ROM.

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

That's another thing that isn't consistant among devices/firmware. In SDK 1 when you plugged in the charger with the tablet off it boots into a battery charging screen, with an animated battery. With SDK 2 when you plug in it boots the whole system.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Firestar View Post
            Can you guys charge the tablet with it OFF? When I plug the DC in, the tablet turns on by itself. This doesn't happen with the stock ROM.
            which version of rom you're talking about ?

The last one published by Pipo (31/07) has the same problem.
            those prior no !

Comment

I though my tablet came with latest ROM but seems Im wrong. If Im right, it came with a ROM of 28 June-Im not sure-.

Comment

Documents To Go Support

Hello.
                Another issue with SDK 2.0 , since installing it , when trying to open a new document getting a toast message : Device Not Supported : GT-I9300 , before (RaileyRom 1.6) I Got Device not supported : Rksdk..

Can i change something in the build prop since i need to use this application since OfficeSuite and all other alternatives won't open Right-To-Left Documents like this app.

Any ideas ? maybe i can change something in Build.Prop ?

Thanks

Comment

I was experimenting with making those entries in order to open more apps in GP.

Looks like I need to go back to the stock build.prop settings.

Let me make those changes, and I will upload a new kit. In the meantime, you can change them back.

Let me find the proper settings and I will post here what you need to put in the build.prop.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Fixed : Documents To Go Unsupported Device

Hello. Update : Removed and re-installed the app from the Google App Store , now working Great.

No need for build.prop changes.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry...it took a while to get back to this...I had to respond on an emergency call.

Anyway, if you don't want to reflash the whole ROM, you can make these changes in build.prop.

ro.product.model=M8 pro
                      ro.product.brand=rk30sdk
                      ro.product.name=rk30sdk
                      ro.product.device=rk30sdk
                      ro.product.board=rk30sdk

Otherwise, I'm uploading the ROM zip files again to reflect the changes.

Hold off on downloading the ROM until I post that the upload is complete...or you will not get it.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

OK, the upload is complete.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          I Googled this and got what seemed to be conflicting answers. Hope it is not too stupid of a question.

When I get ready to load 2.0 (or this new 1.9) ....I plan to use CWM to backup of what I have now
                          ...to an sd card.

After I load 2.0, does a restore through CWM restore JUST my setup ..including apps and launcher that I now use in 1.9 ??

or does it change it all back to the prior rom complete with it's apps and settings?

If it is a total re-install of everything, I may be needing to look at Titanium backup. I love the new ROMs, but I would like an easy way to get the tablet back like it was; apps and all.

Thanks

Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

/did you relase 2.0

/
                            hi how do you do i can not find 2.0 can you send me a limnk of that did you uploaded?

Comment

There isn't a RileyROM v2.0 yet.

The 2.0 we are referring to is SDK 2.0, which is the developer kit Pipo is now using to create the firmware.

The next release of a RileyROM WILL be 2.0...but it will have to wait on a new firmware update from Pipo.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

sloution?

There isn't a RileyROM v2.0 yet.

The 2.0 we are referring to is SDK 2.0, which is the developer kit Pipo is now using to create the firmware.

The next release of a RileyROM WILL be 2.0...but it will have to wait on a new firmware update from Pipo.
                                ==================

thanks for fast replay did you have time to look after this problem that i mention before to you

I cant switch between applications using the background APP button, I must go to homescreen first and then I can switch to another background application.??????

Comment

Working...
                                X