X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have same problem

Originally posted by phywire View Post
    Hi Randy,

I installed RileyROM 1.9 yesterday on my M8Pro and i like it. But.. I can't swith between apps, if you have more apps open and choose a different app it goes back to the app I already had open.

This little "bug" does not show when Multi-Window is enabled, then the switching between apps goes just fine.

Any idea's?
    *************'

Hi
    i just like to inform you that you are not the only one facing this problem and i mention it several times but till know no real ans ware or solution for it
    i send massage to rrileypm and he tol me he will look after it i hope he did not forget it
    let remind him here and see and hope he will fix it for us

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

I have answered many times about this problem.

This is a bug in the firmware and Pipo needs to fix it...not me. I have no idea where the code is for that...nor do I have time right now to go looking for it.

So far I have not been able to reproduce the problem on my M8 Pro...so it might not affect all devices (which even makes the problem more difficult to address)

I feel you concern...unfortunately it is beyond my scope.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

To resolve your problem just enable multi windows, and even you can hide the right multi windows button in the settings

Comment

Ah so we'll just have to wait, no problem. Think i'll just hide it for now.

Thanks

Comment

Randy/other 1.9 users, does Riley 1.9 offer any improvements on battery/Wifi over 1.7/1.8 or is it only the multi-window functionality?? I'm pretty much set with 1.7 and just don't want to fix something that isn't broken.

Comment

Randy; Are you running Apex with all your tests? If so, maybe the stock launcher is the culprit in regards to the recent apps issue...

I suggest you guys having this problem, try a different laucher - go ex, apex, nova... its worth a shot. It seems likely that this is something Pipo will have to work out - but if a third party laucher can help, its a very viable fix - for now.
              Support your local flasher
              Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
                I Googled this and got what seemed to be conflicting answers. Hope it is not too stupid of a question.

When I get ready to load 2.0 (or this new 1.9) ....I plan to use CWM to backup of what I have now
                ...to an sd card.

After I load 2.0, does a restore through CWM restore JUST my setup ..including apps and launcher that I now use in 1.9 ??

or does it change it all back to the prior rom complete with it's apps and settings?

If it is a total re-install of everything, I may be needing to look at Titanium backup. I love the new ROMs, but I would like an easy way to get the tablet back like it was; apps and all.

Thanks

CWM restore will simply overwrite whats already there. For you're indicated purpose, you'll have to go with Titanium Backup. If you're restoring between different roms - make sure not to restore any system apps.

You might also want to - after restore and reboot - turn off notifcations for all restored apps, reboot, turn on notifications again. For some reason the notifcation settings don't always work as the should after a restore.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
                  Randy; Are you running Apex with all your tests? If so, maybe the stock launcher is the culprit in regards to the recent apps issue...

I suggest you guys having this problem, try a different laucher - go ex, apex, nova... its worth a shot. It seems likely that this is something Pipo will have to work out - but if a third party laucher can help, its a very viable fix - for now.
                  i've tried running Apex but it doesn't fix the "recent apps" problem. turning on multiwindows does.

I am running the 1.9 wifi-only version, for what it's worth. is that a common thread among those of us with this problem?

one other minor thing: in the status bar (or whatever the menu of boxes in the top right is called), one of the items is misspelled "no mobile servece"

Comment

go back to 1.7

Multi-Window bug
                    and no Multi-Window need

Comment

Pipo M8 will not switch on!

Hi folks,

I've had my M8 Pro for around 3 months now and never had any problems - until now. When I went out for a few hours on Thursday the battery was at 34%. When I came back in a few hours later it would not switch on. I tried charging it overnight but still nothing.

Randy - I remember reading before you had to get yours replaced because the battery ran flat. Do you think that has happened to mine? Seems extreme just for a flat battery assuming that is the case. I am running the latest 1.9 RileyROM. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vipergrm View Post
                        Hi folks,

I've had my M8 Pro for around 3 months now and never had any problems - until now. When I went out for a few hours on Thursday the battery was at 34%. When I came back in a few hours later it would not switch on. I tried charging it overnight but still nothing.

Randy - I remember reading before you had to get yours replaced because the battery ran flat. Do you think that has happened to mine? Seems extreme just for a flat battery assuming that is the case. I am running the latest 1.9 RileyROM. Thanks.
                        Have you tried powering on after connecting a micro-usb cable to the tablet? Randy and another user were successful with that workaround. Just in case you missed it, here's Randy's last post about it on this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6198-Pipo-M8-Pro-4-2-2-RileyROM-1-9-Multi-Window-Feedback&p=83500&viewfull=1#post83500

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion rey031 but unfortunately this did not work. I tried plugging in to the micro USB slot and also charging at the same time but the tablet still won't come on. Now I am very worried. Is there some way of performing a hard reset perhaps? The only sign of life is that the red LED light comes on when I plug in the charger but no matter how many times I press the power button nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comment

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

That is the exact same problem I had.

I had to send mine back.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Oh dear. Goodness knows how long this is going to take

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Randy; Aren't two different issues being mixed here? I thought one wouldn't boot up again - at all - after battery depletion, and the other wouldn't power on without connecting the original data cable...?

Comment

Working...
                                X