Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Correct.

The power on via USB cleared up on its own after a few days.

The other one couldn't ever be rebooted again after the battery depleted all the way.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Dear Randy,

Frist of all, thanks for doing this great job. I am quite new to the android scene, but from what I've heard, ur roms are the best!

I have followed your first time user guide however, but my pipo m8 keeps getting installed under devive manager (Windows 7 64bit) as soon as i connect it to my pc, although I have set Never install drivers from Windows update...

Heard this problem before maybe? You might have an idea how to passby?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Comment

When you connect it, it should be in usb storage mode, an windows will install automatically because it has the drivers already. This is normal. The critical part is when you reboot to flash mode.

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 4
        Support your local flasher
        Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

All,

Thankfully I've got mine working again! Just a recap for those who don't know, my Pipo stopped working yesterday evening. I could not power it on. I tried inserting a micro USB cable and powering on but this didn't work. What solved it was the good old reset button. I held in the reset button first (found on the back of the unit where the camera lense is located) and then the power button simultaneously. About 5-10 seconds later the screen came back on and all is working perfectly! A friend of mine in work pointed this out :-)

Very happy to have sorted this as some of the quotes I was getting to post back to China were mind numbing!

Comment

Hi, i have install this rom, but i still can't play the galaxy on fire. It's all Upside-down and run slowly. Somebody can play it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
              When you connect it, it should be in usb storage mode, an windows will install automatically because it has the drivers already. This is normal. The critical part is when you reboot to flash mode.

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 4
              True, but accoring the manual the original windows drivers SHOULDN'T be used, but the included drivers should be installed instead. I wont get this to work however, as Windows keeps installing its own drivers... Tried on 3 pc's now (W7 & XP), debugging is off and the driver installation trhough windows update is also off and no SD card inside...

Comment

I understand you are trying to just access the storage in Windows? Not flash the ROM?

If so, you need to use the drivers automatically installed by Windows, just like any other usb storage device you plug in. Just plug it in, activate the USB Storage screen on your tablet and let the two devices connect.

The manual pertains to a DIFFERENT set of drivers you must install in order to use the flash tool in flash mode. Those drivers are the ones that you can't allow Windows to automatically install, because you will get the wrong drivers.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

problemmmmm.....

I think i messed up.
                  i was trying to flash with rom 1.7, and i think i do something wrong when it boot to CWM.
                  Now my tablet stuck to the CMW menu and doesn't loading to andoid os. even when i'm choose "reboot system now" my tablet restart and it's show me (again) CMW menu.
                  Please Helpppppp.

Comment

That happens sometimes and it could be a boot.img issue or something about the CWM flash.

Try re-flashing using the stock recovery instead of CWM and see if you get it to boot.

Since you can't use the tools to get back into flash mode, do this:

1. Find a paperclip
                    2. Locate the reset hole on the back of the tablet.
                    3. Start the flash tool, and connect the USB cable.
                    4. Press and hold "esc button"...the rocker on top goes to the left.
                    5. Press and hold the reset button with the paper clip.
                    6. Press and hold the power button.
                    7. When the flash tool sees the device in loader mode, release the reset, esc button and power button in that order.
                    8. Flash the ROM
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      I understand you are trying to just access the storage in Windows? Not flash the ROM?

If so, you need to use the drivers automatically installed by Windows, just like any other usb storage device you plug in. Just plug it in, activate the USB Storage screen on your tablet and let the two devices connect.

The manual pertains to a DIFFERENT set of drivers you must install in order to use the flash tool in flash mode. Those drivers are the ones that you can't allow Windows to automatically install, because you will get the wrong drivers.
                      Thanks for your response randy,
                      In fact I was flashing my rom, but I got an error everytime I clicked Reboot2flash.
                      Tried a different computer now and its flashing right at this moment!
                      Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

Great!!!!
                        Thanks for the update.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          That happens sometimes and it could be a boot.img issue or something about the CWM flash.

Try re-flashing using the stock recovery instead of CWM and see if you get it to boot.

Since you can't use the tools to get back into flash mode, do this:

1. Find a paperclip
                          2. Locate the reset hole on the back of the tablet.
                          3. Start the flash tool, and connect the USB cable.
                          4. Press and hold "esc button"...the rocker on top goes to the left.
                          5. Press and hold the reset button with the paper clip.
                          6. Press and hold the power button.
                          7. When the flash tool sees the device in loader mode, release the reset, esc button and power button in that order.
                          8. Flash the ROM
                          You are my Hero
                          Works fine, thank yououou....
                          Last edited by Register24; 08-28-2013, 01:04.

Comment

Hi, i repeat my question, somebody can play the galaxy on fire 2 in this tablet (M8 Pro).
                            Thanks!

Comment

something anoying

Hi thanks for the great rom been using it since it came out and has worked great even the multiple windows, but just recently when I have turned the tab on the multiple windows icon is there at the side of the screen but when I go into settings the multiple windows button is turned of if I turn it on then off again the icon disappears, anyone els had this, as I said everything appears to work ok. nick

Comment

I haven't seen that. I did accidentally delete the icon that controls the multi-window features...which took me a while to figure out what to do....hahahah!!!!!! I can't remember what I had to do to get it back.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X