Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ROM is based on the latest official firmware released by Pipo on 7/31/13.

This is official firmware...not test firmware that v1.8 was from, so I suspect that Pipo made a few finishing touches on this version.

This time, the ROM comes with both 3G and wifi versions.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    CWM Recovery by Fun
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space
    init.d support
    Busybox links added
    Multiple Google Play Store fixes for better compatibility
    VPN support
    And a few build.prop tweaks to help improve battery/speed

Boot Animation by Tattman65
    CWM Recovery by Fun
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Flash Tool by 900Supersport
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Here is the link to the download page:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

I found an ooops in the wifi only version. I forgot to remove the app that nags you for a pass code every time the tablet boots or wakes up.

I'm uploading the fix right now. I'll post when it's done.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

OK, the wifi version is now uploaded.

I'm now reloading the 3g version for the same reason.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro 4.2.2 RileyROM 1.9 Multi-Window [Feedback]

All uploads are done. Thanks.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Thanks going to give this a try since I couldn't get 1.8 wifi to work.

I'm running into the same issue with 1.9.

My WiFi keeps saying authenticating. I'm using WPA2 PSK

Is there any log I can look at or provide to help figure this out?

Edit#2 After connecting to another network and then disconnecting it allowed me to connect to my network. However it keeps losing connection whenever I try to load a page or the app store.
          Last edited by 1leafs.fan; 08-01-2013, 05:34.

Comment

can you fix it please

hi i just try the 1.9 i have issue please can you love it for me
            as you see from picture that i send if i like to chose any of the windows unfurtunalty it not react and only bring the last windows that i used before so if i like to go to music or net or setting i can not go back it will not bring window pup up . in 1.7 it was working pefect
            i do not have issue in wifi

any body can help me with this issue please

i can not jump to either of them when i chose one of then it goes only to the last windows that i used any idea?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by shajar; 08-01-2013, 19:46. Reason: no relay

Comment

Hi, I love your roms but have a problem installing them. The main problem I have is using the parameter part. The count is running to 4096 says ok after that its over. Just renaming it won'twork. The original is a file and the other are txt. So when I rename it, the loader claims that the parameter is not set, and stop then. The other isue is that when I hook up the loader, the tablet automaticly boots up. How can I stop that from doing so? I am using a m8pro wifi. Greetings, Johan

Comment

great rom

Hi just flashed the 1.9 rom everything works fine up and working thanks for the rom how does the multi windows work? Again still playing with the tab but all appears fine, Netflix woks, bbc and itv player worked t, also catch up tv, only thing was had to side load itv player. will give a more detailed review later, also storage appears to be back to normal. Thanks again Nick

Comment

Thanks. I look forward to giving it a try.

If better than 1.7 ....it may be near perfect (1.7 is great).

Thanks for all your fine work, Mr. Riley.

Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

I think it is better on mine. There is kind of a learning curve on the multi window stuff. I'm still playing with that...but the good thing is that you don't have to use it.

In fact, you need to go into settings to even turn it on.

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

One thing I've found is that I can't change the themes in Apex Launcher with this ROM. I may try deleting the app/themes and reinstall them to see if that fixes it. I just did a Titanium restore. It worked ok on 1.8.

Randy
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

How does everybody like the new Superuser I'm using? It is fully open source from the guy who invented CWM.

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

shut donwn

hi
                          i realised second problem , when like to shut down the pipo it restart agin i try more than 10 time any body can help me please if like this i have to go back to 1.7 and i will los multi windows functin
                          any sloution?

in this case my pipo shall run 24 h?

Comment

There is a 1.8 that I did in between that introduced the multi window feature. You can try that ROM...but it is 3G only.

It did work on my wifi only device, though.

You might try that one.

I haven't experienced this problem on my device...with this ROM. I did experience power on and off problems when I first received this tablet, and it cleared up on its own after a week of use. So you might have an isolated hardware issue.

You can also try to turn off the tablet using the included Reboot app.

These devices will stay on when plugged in to the charger...that's normal.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              There is a 1.8 that I did in between that introduced the multi window feature. You can try that ROM...but it is 3G only.

It did work on my wifi only device, though.

You might try that one.

I haven't experienced this problem on my device...with this ROM. I did experience power on and off problems when I first received this tablet, and it cleared up on its own after a week of use. So you might have an isolated hardware issue.

You can also try to turn off the tablet using the included Reboot app.

These devices will stay on when plugged in to the charger...that's normal.

Randy
                              yes you are right it was plugged in to chaeger know it is fine and what shall i do with other problem that i attaced the picture ? why when i tuch a small windows it willl not take me there only to previous page what shall i do

Comment

Working...
                              X