Pipo M5 RileyROM 1.2 with Beyond XBMC Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M5 RileyROM 1.2 with Beyond XBMC Launcher

If you're a flash-a-holic, tablet addict like me, you probably have some old tablets laying around that you don't use as a portable "take everywhere" device anymore. With the advent of the TV sticks, Android Media Centers are becoming very popular. Some of the older 3066 based sticks still work pretty well...so I think this older 3066 tablet should still serve the purpose.

Here's an idea and special ROM that may serve as a re-purposing of your older tablet in your living room. Results may vary, though...I hope your HDMI connection works well for you.

I started this project as an experiment, and liked it well enough to share with the Freaktab family.

This ROM is based on the the last factory firmware released by Pipo (5/15/2013) for the M5 3G tablet. It should work fine with both versions (wifi and 3G). I've found with my other Pipo ROM's, they are compatible with one another.

This ROM has two additional features that weren't included in v1.1:

Auto Install Feature: This allows you to install apk's automatically on first boot, if you have the apk files located in a folder named autoinstall on your external SD card. See this thread for details on this feature

Beyond XBMC Launcher: Thanks to Freaktab developer, Flumpster, we have a version of XBMC that runs as your default launcher. This will allow you to use your M5 just as if it were a TV Stick media center. See this thread for support and questions about XBMC. I know just enough about XBMC to make me seriously dangerous, so if you need support with this feature, please ask Flumpster in his thread.

XBMC is automatically installed after the first boot, but you must launch it to go through the configuration the first time. You can set it as your default launcher if you want, or just run XBMC as an app. After you boot for the first time, just open your app drawer and watch XBMC and the Reboot apps populate on the screen. Then just wait about 30 more seconds and you can reboot if you wish.

Otherwise, this ROM comes with the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Debloated of all Pipo bloatware
    Google Play Store tweaks added to improve availability of apps
    Init.d support
    Busybox support
    English language default (all other languages are still supported)
    Boot screens by Tattman65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Reboot app by Petrus

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 11-06-2015, 03:26.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

FYI, I'm testing a working version of TWRP recovery as an alternative to the non-working CWM.

As soon as FT user Abdul_Pt puts the finishing touches on this recovery, he will post his own thread.

I know some folks have looked at this ROM. I hope someone will try it and make some comments. Don't be bashful.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

100 times better than the origin ROM

Congratulations for this great work. I just installed (easily) this ROM, I do not recognize my tablet, it is so much faster, the benefit is enormous. This ROM is super efficient, and able to exploit the performance of the hardware correctly. Thanks to this ROM, I discovered that the PIPO M5 tablet is a great tablet, still thank you and congratulations for reviving my tablet.

Comment

Your Welcome!!!!!

I'm glad to hear it works well for you. I really like this ROM on my M5.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

DTS sound enhancement

I listen to a lot of music with my Android devices. I had a Galaxy S1 which worked with Voodoo sound, now I have an Acer Liquid E2 (V370) which has a DTS sound enhancement system. These systems really improve the sound quality (especially for MP3). Is it possible for you to add the DTS or SRS to your ROMs. I'm not an Android expert, but I've seen articles that give me hope.
          Hi everyone !! Today i would like to discuss a new Topic and I don't know if it is the right place to post this thread :confused: Recently there have been too many sound mods , kernels, players...... etc for galaxy s3 i9300. its really a...

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GO DEAF OR BREAK YOUR HEADPHONES SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DID NOT READ THE OP OR BOTHER TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! Tired of the sound quality of the Xperia Z/ZL/ZR? Not enough bass, treble, clarity? Well fear...

JeanLoup (Bordeaux - France)

PS : This ROM is really better than the original, so as I, consider making a donation.

Comment

Have you tried these on your M5?

I may play around with this, but it is the wish of the developer not to include it in custom ROM's unless I PM him. I won't do that until I verify that it works...when I get the time to do so.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!!
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Hello, thank you very much for your reply. No, I do not try, I'm not geek enough for Android, now that I have a ROM (RileyROM 1.2)that works well, I do not want to modify, afraid that it will not work as well after.

Best regards, JeanLoup

Comment

I bought my pipo m5 last week sir.now iwant to flash a custom rom of yours can you help me with this sir? And one more thing the link of your rom is dead sir can you provide a new one for me sir?

Comment

It looks like that file has been deleted from our server. I will try to find it and upload it again. Stay tuned.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Oh thank you very much sir rrileypm i really appreciate your kindness sir.

Comment

I'm still digging. Sorry for the delay. I have one more external HD to search through...as soon as I can find it.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I'm still digging. Sorry for the delay. I have one more external HD to search through...as soon as I can find it.
                        thank you sir and im sorry for bothering you.

Comment

Hi Sir Riley, i just want to ask if you found the rom on your hard disk drive. Thanks

Comment

Still no luck to find this on hard drive?

Comment

sir is there any news about this rom,please reply

Comment

Working...
                              X