X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Frol4ic View Post
    Found some problems with the sensors.
    1. Orientation sensor operates in the opposite direction. While changing the tilt away, moves across the bubble.
    2. Compass live their lives. Completely inadequate.
    3. Accelerometer also works the wrong side as the sensor orientation.
    I think the compass is not compatible with the tablets speaker magnets and accelerometer axis do seem to be switched. I think the gsensor is OK though, it always knows which way is up when you rotate tablet and I installed a bubble level app that worked as expected.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

Video Pipo M6 Pro

This rom works great as long as I do not play video, then freeze or reboot it.
      I tested the "different" kernels.
      I use the stock kernel KK 1.8
      Does anyone have this problem too?
      What solution can I use?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulHD View Post
        What solution can I use?
        I've never used/seen reset/reboot with stock kernel on Kitkat.
        Now I'm using low_voltage_V2 that is STILL totally stable for me.
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

@PaulHD
          It's been very stable for me also. If you're having problems with videos maybe it's the particular format or player you're using or you have some corruption in the video file.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

What solution can I use?
            I have same problem before, and now with kernel_kitkat_1.8_cpu stock_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_Kimmen.zip kernel from this post its seems all ok (use and play video about week).
            Yap, I have hard-luck tablets, but it ok

Comment

Only problem, that I have had with this kitkat release, is other applications using camera.
              For example barcode reader , augmented camera applications, HDR camera ... are not able to use camera correctly.
              Kitkat own camera application is perfect and gives better images than in Jelly Bean.

Is this common kitkat problem ?

I tried go back RR 1.6 Jelly Bean, was not able to reflash it.
              - first erased the flash in RR 1.8 Rom Flash tool
              - after that I was not able to start flashing with RR 1.6 with Loader ticked
              (reset loop and tablet don't response , when trying to flash with RR1.6 settings)
              - instead I had to reflash RR1.8 kitkat back

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                here is the stock libril file that needed to be EXTRACTED from the .zip and placed with a file explorer into: /system/lib/ folder overwriting the RileyROM libril file.
                Pay attention that the system folder has to be enabled in R/RW mode (otherwise you will not be able to copy the file).

[ATTACH]5546[/ATTACH]

After that, reboot the tablet.
                With this file: 3G will be better, but you will loose deep sleep functionality (I suggest you to backup original libril file somewhere else).

This file is compatible with all kitkat releases of RK3188 tablets (this file has been extracted from the M6pro stock kitkat release).
                I tried this, but got only error message from file explorer. System and lib files claim to be read/write. And i should replace with the same named file, I assume? There wasbfile named libril.so, too...

Comment

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                  I tried this, but got only error message from file explorer. System and lib files claim to be read/write. And i should replace with the same named file, I assume? There wasbfile named libril.so, too...
                  Yes you need to overwrite the original file, and you need to mount the file system in R/Rw mode. To do this with "ES file explorer" you need to tap for long time the "root exporer" option to get access to the file system mount options. Now you will have the posdibility to change system files!

Comment

Sorry, but connection is still weak as me at gym, even with this new libril.
                    In area of extra strong connection, I can get it open. Ping 565, speed 0,06Mbps...
                    At home, not full strength 3G, no connection at all.

Comment

Weak 3g

Sorry, but connection is still weak as me at gym, even with this new libril.
                      In area of extra strong connection, I can get it open. Ping 565, speed 0,06Mbps...
                      At home, not full strength 3G, no connection at all.
                      Me too!
                      Darek

Comment

Getting bit better, now I reach 1,3-1,6Mb. It should be around 5-10 anyway...

Comment

Getting bit better, now I reach 1,3-1,6Mb. It should be around 5-10 anyway...
                          I also contacted my operator, and it should be now with full steam. Maxes are 4-5mbit, so I assume it works as good as possible now.

For some reason it required few hours to wake up.

Thank you, Italian Wizard!

Comment

What solution can I use?
                            supplement - everything except video works 100%, in any video can sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes of play before he freezes.
                            How can this be prevented?

Comment

supplement - everything except video works 100%, in any video can sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes of play before he freezes.
                              How can this be prevented?
                              Try another video player, like MXplayer

Comment

It happens to me too, it freezes after few minutes of video player.
                                I run on Claro kernel and I don't know if it's the same with the stock one, but maybe it's independent from the kernel.
                                Will see another player

Inviato dal mio M6Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X