Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spyderbilt View Post
    Hello regarding the compass issue i found out a calibration greatly helped. You know when you need to do the 8 shape with your tablet.
    I've made a calibration with the aid of GPS trough an app called stato GPS by doing a double rotation along three axis, but nothing appens, more: deselecting accelerometer North is oriented toward west. Even doing the 8 shape i don't obtain any result.
    Any suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by jipux View Post
      Hello,
      I installed the KK 1.8 for my M6PRO, the process went OK but when booting I have the RileyROM logo and then the screen switches to black and nothing happens.
      I went back to RR 1.6.1
      Do you have any clue?
      press: erase IDB then flash the new rom again
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Almar View Post
        I've made a calibration with the aid of GPS trough an app called stato GPS by doing a double rotation along three axis, but nothing appens, more: deselecting accelerometer North is oriented toward west. Even doing the 8 shape i don't obtain any result.
        Any suggestion?
        My finding was that the M6Pro has speakers with strong magnets that interfere with compass so not much you can do.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running RR 1.8 KK, kernel low V2

Comment

Originally posted by godsbrain View Post
          Really? So this is an issue of the game, right? I thought that there will be maybe a fix for this. Thats stupid.

Thanks!
          @godsbrain, I am not so sure it is an app problem. So far my tablet has frozen while using the following apps:

Despicable Me, game
          Cindrella Painting, kids
          Chrome, browser
          Bubble Poke, game
          Candy crash saga, game
          Quick Office, word processor

These apps were running fine with rileyRom 1.6, and they certainly play fine in other KitKat devices.
          Besides yourself and myself, there is at least one other M6 owner who is experiencing the same problem after switching to KitKAt. We have exchanged PMs.

This means we have to wait until the bug is found.

I don't know if it makes any sense for me to start switching kernels...

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
            My finding was that the M6Pro has speakers with strong magnets that interfere with compass so not much you can do.

There's anyone who has trouble with compass? Just to prove if it is a problem of Pipo.

Comment

Originally posted by zagoreos View Post
              @godsbrain, I am not so sure it is an app problem. So far my tablet has frozen while using the following apps:

Despicable Me, game
              Cindrella Painting, kids
              Chrome, browser
              Bubble Poke, game
              Candy crash saga, game
              Quick Office, word processor

These apps were running fine with rileyRom 1.6, and they certainly play fine in other KitKat devices.
              Besides yourself and myself, there is at least one other M6 owner who is experiencing the same problem after switching to KitKAt. We have exchanged PMs.

This means we have to wait until the bug is found.

I don't know if it makes any sense for me to start switching kernels...
              I've never had any problems with Chrome or Quick office and I don't use those games but I installed Despicable Me to test and it works. When you said M6 I assume you mean M6Pro they are two different tablets.

Comment

I've never had any problems with Chrome or Quick office and I don't use those games but I installed Despicable Me to test and it works. When you said M6 I assume you mean M6Pro they are two different tablets.

I agree with you, never had probelms with chrome.
                I've never used pinhole reset with kitkat release so far (that's a great result in my opinion).

I'm having some troubles with **** app that sometimes doesn't open my profile, but for everything else it is fast and never freeze as I suppose a good tablet should do!
                if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Right, my device is an M6Pro, full product code is M6PRON1311065.
                  It is a 32GB , Wifi only tablet.

Android Version: 4.4.2
                  baseband version: unknown,
                  Kernel version: 3.4.0 york@mid-Porsche #241
                  Build number : RileyROM v1.8 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.ljh.20140213.095651

All apps I mentioned bofore, work without problems most of the time. They crash randomly once a day or every other day.

This is exactly the same behaviour the other two forum members are experiencing.

Comment

Right, my device is an M6Pro, full product code is M6PRON1311065.
                    It is a 32GB , Wifi only tablet.

Android Version: 4.4.2
                    baseband version: unknown,
                    Kernel version: 3.4.0 york@mid-Porsche #241
                    Build number : RileyROM v1.8 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.ljh.20140213.095651

All apps I mentioned bofore, work without problems most of the time. They crash randomly once a day or every other day.

This is exactly the same behaviour the other two forum members are experiencing.
                    OK, we have same model although my product number slightly different M6PRON13110161

I have around 60 apps installed and running stable though not many game apps

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                      reflash the rom.
                      connect the tablet to the PC,
                      press power and volume + button togheter

flash the rom again

hey
                      i reflash the rom again.
                      at first all was good but when i restart the tablet i got this error again
                      "Com. Android. Systemui has stopped"

why its happen again ?
                      what i have to do ?

Comment

OK, we have same model although my product number slightly different M6PRON13110161

I have around 60 apps installed and running stable though not many game apps

Last night it froze while idling in Google Maps....
                        There is no way it is an app issue....
                        It doesn't seem to be related to heavy CPU load even....
                        I dunno....

Comment

Last night it froze while idling in Google Maps....
                          There is no way it is an app issue....
                          It doesn't seem to be related to heavy CPU load even....
                          I dunno....
                          Yeah, that's not normal , I'm using mine every day for weeks with no freeze. Maybe try a fresh install and add apps gradually to see if one is causing it.

Comment

Had the same problem with zagoreos. Tablet freezes in random and couldn't recover from deep sleep. I got SOD (sleep of death) almost every time i tried to open the tablet from deep sleep. I tried several combinations of roms and kernels and finally flashing Riley 1.8 rom and Kernel kitkat_1.8_cpu_stock_with_reduced_voltages_gpu600_ ddr720 solved both problems (freeze and SOD). Working on tablet for the past 2 days with absolutely no problems. Antutu 20.500 and great results on stability test.

Hope this post will help those facing similar problems ...... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Almar View Post
                              There's anyone who has trouble with compass? Just to prove if it is a problem of Pipo.
                              My compass is also bad it seems consistently to be off by 180 deg.
                              I tried many compass calibrations but no success.
                              One thing I noticed is that in there I a magnet in the protective cover I bought with the tablet.

However also without the cover I get no good results. Some people say it has to do with the loudspeakers. If you hold a real compass close to the tablet front, it will move strangely when you hold it near the bottom half of the screen. That is with the on off button on the right-top side. I don't know where the actual compass chip is on the main board but that may be the problem.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6Pro met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r0llingmuffin View Post
                                Had the same problem with zagoreos. Tablet freezes in random and couldn't recover from deep sleep. I got SOD (sleep of death) almost every time i tried to open the tablet from deep sleep. I tried several combinations of roms and kernels and finally flashing Riley 1.8 rom and Kernel kitkat_1.8_cpu_stock_with_reduced_voltages_gpu600_ ddr720 solved both problems (freeze and SOD). Working on tablet for the past 2 days with absolutely no problems. Antutu 20.500 and great results on stability test.

Hope this post will help those facing similar problems ...... :-)
                                Unfortunately this kernel doesn't work with my device, it seems its CPU is not able to work with the reduced voltage.
                                I had to revert back to the kernel that came with 1.8 in the first place...

Comment

Working...
                                X