Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by todguy View Post
    Does the ROM gain root at each boot? I've ran the remove option from within supersu and rebooted. However when I try and run sky go tablet, it says it can't run on rooted devices.
    Well, I did have a similar problem on my M6Pro but for another local TV player here.

This is a solution i found on the web :

1) See that ur tablet/phone is fully rooted
    2) Download build prop editor from playstore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor
    3) create backup of original build.prop file that resides in /system (within build prop editor app)
    4) search for ro.build.tags in build.prop file
    normally U will see that the value is 'test-keys' , change that value into 'release-keys'
    5) save build.prop file , quit build prop editor , re-open build prop editor and verify that the changes are really saved.
    6) TEMP unroot device with included SU app
    7) goto apps, and STOP the Sky go app, empty cache and delete all settings.
    8) open Sky go app and see if it works. If not : verify ro.build.tags in build.prop again or try to reboot tablet. If it still does not work, then this was not the solution for the Sky Go app but only for our local tv player here.

It worked for me so I hope it works for U to.
    All credits go to writer of this article : http://blog.johanvanbogaert.be/2013/...dersteunt.html

If you have suff. knowledge, you can use root explorer or whatever editor u want to modify build.prop file. All is done at your own risk !

Comment

one rom feb 20 release from pipo. not really sure what is the difference. 1.8 almost perfect for me except the battery runs very fast.

link for the new rom : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTsOCOv?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
        one rom feb 20 release from pipo. not really sure what is the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          The native default is FAT32. It works just fine. Mine is NTFS, but there are limitations we are finding in compatibility...like with TWRP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
          And what about exFAT or ext2?
          Do you think the journaling NTFS is a good solution for a flash memory?

Comment

Best kernel for battery life

Can someone please advise me as to which kernel i would need for this particular ROM which can make the battery last a lot longer? Because i noticed quite a drain in battery since updating.I have already asked this a few times but im not too sure with the way i would add it to this current firmware. Im only familiar with finlesses tool for flashing so im wondering how i would apply the .img kernel file to this current firmware? Really dont want to screw things up.Thanks guys.

Comment

kernel

Hello,

I have been using the low v2, and averaging 17 hrs with 50% drain. This is with watching a movie, youtube, web browsing, and reading a book.

You have to be lucky and have a good cpu that can handle the low voltage.

Brian

Originally posted by MartyK View Post
              Can someone please advise me as to which kernel i would need for this particular ROM which can make the battery last a lot longer? Because i noticed quite a drain in battery since updating.I have already asked this a few times but im not too sure with the way i would add it to this current firmware. Im only familiar with finlesses tool for flashing so im wondering how i would apply the .img kernel file to this current firmware? Really dont want to screw things up.Thanks guys.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

If i don't have a lucky CPU would i have done any damage?

Whats the worst that can happen? It just not be as good as other peoples, right?

Whats the procedure for flashing it into the latest Riley ROM?

Thanks

Comment

I wrote it many time on the kernel thread.
                  Take a look there!
                  if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Can someone please advise me as to which kernel i would need for this particular ROM which can make the battery last a lot longer? I have already asked this a few times but im not too sure with the way i would add it to this current firmware.
                    Hi Marty,
                    I got mine from this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post149790 I used the kernel_kitkat_1.8_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_VERY_LOW_V2.zip kernel. I believe some tablets can have issues in that the low voltage can cause stability issues but I can report I have had no issues since installing it the other day. I admit I had a bit of a battle trying to figure out what the names of the kernels mean, and tbh I still dont know, I have searched high and low to no avail. But the one I mention above was recommended in a thread by the guy who makes the kernels

To install the kernel is dead easy. First you must have 1.8 already installed on your tablet and running. Then open up the rom tool (romflashtool137.exe) in Randys original firmware update and unselect everything but Kernel. Click on the smallest square box to the right of the kernel name and using the file browser select the updated kernel (in this case it will be kernel_kitkat_1.8_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_VERY_LOW_V2.img) . This name should come up in the name box. Make sure that Kernel is ticked and nothing else then click on Reboot to Flash and then click flash ROM (DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ERASE NAND!!!!). And there you are. Your tablet will reboot with the new kernel in place

My battery life is now at well over 6 hours with around 4 hours reading and over two hours internet (via wifi). Stability is good, no crashes in two days heavy use, and things are really zippy now that tended to crawl before e.g. XBMC. Memory management is way better than 1.6 too which I thought was a fab rom. Everything I throw at this seems to work really well including USBJoy which wouldnt pair PS3 joysticks under jellybean.

If this kernel causes stability issues then try another kernel, its free and takes very little time to get the best from these excellent tablets :-)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pipo2000, I Re routed and changed values in ro.build.tags. saved and rebooted, force stopped, deleted cache and also removed skygo tablet and totaly removed su. reinstalled skygo tablet and it still shows as routed.

Originally posted by Pipo2000 View Post
                      Well, I did have a similar problem on my M6Pro but for another local TV player here.

This is a solution i found on the web :

1) See that ur tablet/phone is fully rooted
                      2) Download build prop editor from playstore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor
                      3) create backup of original build.prop file that resides in /system (within build prop editor app)
                      4) search for ro.build.tags in build.prop file
                      normally U will see that the value is 'test-keys' , change that value into 'release-keys'
                      5) save build.prop file , quit build prop editor , re-open build prop editor and verify that the changes are really saved.
                      6) TEMP unroot device with included SU app
                      7) goto apps, and STOP the Sky go app, empty cache and delete all settings.
                      8) open Sky go app and see if it works. If not : verify ro.build.tags in build.prop again or try to reboot tablet. If it still does not work, then this was not the solution for the Sky Go app but only for our local tv player here.

It worked for me so I hope it works for U to.
                      All credits go to writer of this article : http://blog.johanvanbogaert.be/2013/...dersteunt.html

If you have suff. knowledge, you can use root explorer or whatever editor u want to modify build.prop file. All is done at your own risk !
                      Last edited by todguy; 03-01-2014, 10:49. Reason: found how to root myself

Comment

WOW!

Well I finally got around to flashing 1.8 kitkat and it was easier than the manual outlined! Before I did this tablet I was upgrading a tvstick to finless 2.1 rom. My guess is: cause they are all rockchip, that must have eased the driver installation, cuz it was already installed! Then I just followed the rest of the steps in manual and was a breeze. I love RileyRom 1.8: the tablet bootup animation is awesome, fills the whole screen and looks spectacular! The performance is fast, the wi-fi now picks up my neighbors signal: it never did that before- are there somekind of better wifi drivers in this version? Everything is stable and fast and great battery life. The screen resolution looks a little smaller: as less space for icons, but with all the other pluses I did not care.

Now here is a huge plus, the playstore supports all my purchases: no more not compatible with this device! Before I would have to modify things to get that to work. I literally had the tablet back up and running with all my apps in minutes!

The only difference that happened with kitkat, is I had a game Man of Steele worked with Riley rom Jellybean, but does not work with Riley rom Kit kat. That was disappointing but all my other games and apps work and its faster so I can live with it. I emailed the company, maybe there is a fix for kit kat users?

Does anyone know how to get a 64gb microsdhc chip to work with this rom, it worked fine with RileyRom 1.6; but not with this one: I suspect Kit Kat changed something in handling ext sd cards?

Thanks

Ray...

Comment

your guy's batteries are so good. my battery never hold that long. could full charge. 99% drop to 91% just 2 minutes. then stable for 4 or 5 hours. is there any setting to change the battery life. right now I use du battery saver.

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by GZD View Post
                            your guy's batteries are so good. my battery never hold that long. could full charge. 99% drop to 91% just 2 minutes. then stable for 4 or 5 hours. is there any setting to change the battery life. right now I use du battery saver.
                            Just the usual things like using a lower brightness, set WiFi to never on standby and disable auto sync

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

Used low voltage V2 kernel for 2 days now. Smooth. Less battery consumption. Simply awesome.

Sent from my ZP990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by todguy View Post
                                Thanks for the reply Pipo2000, I would give your instructions a go, but as I have gone into SuperSu and clicked on the remove option, I now have no root and if I install supersu again it tells me I have no binary. Do you know any easy way to gain root again without having to totaly flash the rom again? I dont have an sd card so loose all my app data when flashing.

Cheers
                                Sorry , did have the same problem (I also tried to completely uninstall SuperSU) and didnt even bother, I just reflashed my tablet with the ROM again.

But it should be possible i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X