Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by stic View Post
      Help needed... am stuck in a boot loop and flashing the msc file is not helping so far. ART with 6gb parameter file. Was running fine for a couple of days until last night at login the screen just "flowed" with lines and i had to force power off. I am able to get into recovery (twrp ) from where I reboot to bootloader to get the tablet detected by the rom flash tool.
      Probably dumb question and maybe already answered : If flashing the rom is the only option, is it possible to back up my data and files on PC from twrp ?
      I got stuck a few times (last was using [simulate secondary displays])
      to recover enter TWRP
      goto wipe
      in advanced wipe mark Dalvik Cache, cache, data, system
      and wipe

you get a "reset from factory" tablet, and have to reinstall your apps, internal and external Sdcard data are preserved

Comment

Originally posted by zoki4567 View Post
        3. I switch resolution using Resolution Changer to 1600*1200 DPI 264.

whereis resolution changer? I don't find it in setup, is it an app?

thx

Comment

That's an app from Google Play Store.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Last edited by zoki4567; 11-18-2014, 20:24.

Comment

Battery

Dear riley, tnx for this new version, everythings running smooth except my battery is drowning after 1 night from 99% tot 56%...i already turned of data network...but stil after 1,5 day in sleepmode, the battery drowns to dead...could you give me a tip plz, cannot find the answer in this thread...

Comment

Have you tried this new ROM the Freaktab Team compiled from Pipo Sources?

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  Have you tried this new ROM the Freaktab Team compiled from Pipo Sources?

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Project-M6-Pro

nope, didn't know, mucho tnx! is this JB or KK?

Comment

The new ROM is based on the KK SDK provided by Pipo...compiled by the Freaktab Development Team.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Hi

I'm having problems here. After I click on "Reboot to flash mode" the tablet powers off and never enter flash mode. I'm in win7 ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                        my suggestion is:

1 - connect the tablet (In OFF state, NOT STAND-BY) to the PC via USB cable (use the reset pinhole to be sure it is in off)
                        2 - Open Batchtool 1.7 (THE STOCK FLASHTOOL NOT THE ONE INCLUDED WITH RILEYROM) Flash tool (to install a STOCK ROM)
                        3 - select a stock rom
                        4 - Press simultaneously power AND volume + of the tablet until the flash tool detects your tablet
                        5 - Press "upgrade"

make sure that: no SD is installed in the relevant slot, use original USB cable to connect TABLET and PC

If it doesn't work, try the same procedure but with the tablet connected with the wall charger.

I don't think your tablet is irreversibly bricked.
                        THANK YOU!!!!!!

I tried:-

1 - Switching off the tablet using the reset pinhole (and confirming by plugging the tablet into my PC - the PC didn't make that Windows noise when it recognises a device being connected, so I was fairly sure it was off)

2 - Switching the tablet on by holding down volume+ and then the power button.

This 2 step process meant the Rileyrom flash tool recognised it as a RKAndroid device for the first time since the problem began.

That meant I could "erase IDB" and then "flash the ROM".

I now have a functioning device again.

Many thanks for all the help.

Comment

Navigation bar

Hello Riley
                          I'd like ask some question about how to hide navigation bars ,is annoying when playing games or watching movies .
                          I know that it's about the KitKat feature but probably there is some way or hidden option to do it ?

Comment

I've been searching for that modification and couldn't find it anywhere.

What you can do is rename system/app/SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.bak with a rooted file explorer app.

Then you need an app called Button Savior (from Play Store). It puts a little icon on the screen you can touch to navigate with...because you loose both the notification bar and navigation bar when you do this.

I've done this on some of my Kiosk ROM's and it works pretty well.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              I've been searching for that modification and couldn't find it anywhere.

What you can do is rename system/app/SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.bak with a rooted file explorer app.

Then you need an app called Button Savior (from Play Store). It puts a little icon on the screen you can touch to navigate with...because you loose both the notification bar and navigation bar when you do this.

I've done this on some of my Kiosk ROM's and it works pretty well.
                              Thank you
                              Now I ave some question 1 .Where I can get "rooted file exp app"? The ES file explorer will do the job ?
                              Since I loose nav and note bars can I get it back when it needs ?
                              Is there any possibility to modify the ROM so it have the hide button the same as your 1.6JB ROM has ?
                              (I guess it is Kit Kat limitations)
                              One more .I did some litle investigation with regarding hide nav bar and what I saw it is following way

Full screen mode, also called immersive mode, is one of the most popular features on CyanogenMod, but it's almost exclusive to CM and other custom ROMs. What this feature does essentially is remove the Status bar and soft keys from your screen, creating a more mesmeric feel.

Is it mach PIPO tablets as well ?

Comment

The rooted file manager app reference is generic to whatever app you prefer. Some like ES File Explorer...I prefer X-Plore....so it's up to you. You just have to be familiar enough with the settings of those apps to set them up with root read/write permissions.

The solution I gave you is an "all or nothing" way of doing it. Once you rename SystemUI.apk, there will be no turning back...unless you go back and rename it again. You need to have the Button Savior app installed before you make the change. But then, you can just rely on the Button Savior as your way of navigation.

This other way you mentioned is another plausible solution. I'm an experienced user of Xposed Framework modules...but I wasn't aware of a module that would to this. That solution is much less invasive...so I would try it first.

Good luck...and please report your results here.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X