Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Also...everyone needs to download and install the latest Petrus Reboot app from the App Developers Kitchen...that fixes the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    You should write it in bold capital letters in OP.

Inviato da me

Comment

Poor 3G signal also here with KK

Originally posted by prezes551 View Post
      Thanks fo exellent work. Rom works smooth and seems to be stable, but 3g signal is really poor, sometimes my pipo m6 pro looses it at all. On stock firmware I haven't this problem - the 3g signal in same conditions was full.
      I noticed this too, with RR 1.6 I got full bars of 3G and five minutes later (after flashing RR 1.8) only one bar. I presume the modem power has been decreased to save battery...? Any way to crank the power up myself, e.g. by editing build.prop or something? I'm kinda new with these things

Prezes have You found a solution to increse signal strength?
      Otherwise RR 1.8 with ART in use is running very nice and will see if low voltage kernel works for me

Janne

Comment

Perdón por mi ingles. Quiero instalar la Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat desde CWM y son estos los pasos a seguir: 1) Copiar a la raiz system.img ;boot.img ;kernel.img y ROMInstall. 2) Reiniciar en recovery. 3) Wipes. 4) ejecutar ROMInstall. 5) Rezar para que todo salga bien

Pardon for my Englishman. I want to install the Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat from CWM and the steps are these to continuing: 1) To copy to the root system.img; boot.img; kernel.img and ROMInstall. 2) To restart in recovery. 3) Wipes. 4) to execute ROMInstall. 5) To pray in order that everything goes out well

Comment

I got this too

Originally posted by zvezdopad View Post
          Sorry for bad eng.
          What need I do, if I have install wrong kernel and tablet does not run (stop on logo freektab)
          TWRP is ok.

"Reset" , then "VOL+ , Power" dos'nt help.
          Thank you.
          I flashed Giuncinos very low v2 kernel and now the tablet wont boot. I only see rileyrom logo and after that screen goes black. No luck either trying to get it back into flash mode. Any suggestions? Anyone???

Janne

Comment

Originally posted by Janne View Post
            I flashed Giuncinos very low v2 kernel and now the tablet wont boot. I only see rileyrom logo and after that screen goes black. No luck either trying to get it back into flash mode. Any suggestions? Anyone???

Janne
            Nevermind, all of the sudden it woke up i managed to reflash the claro kernel! It's working now

I don't even know what i did, popped sd- and sim-cards in and out and charged for a while, then it suddenly booted and connected to the flash tool as i pressed the power button.

I guess I most definetely have one of the unlucky CPU's

Janne

Comment

Sorry for bad eng.
              What need I do, if I have install wrong kernel and tablet does not run (stop on logo freektab)
              TWRP is ok.

Thank you.
              All is Ok, brothers.

1. Reset
              2. Hold reset and VOL+ and POWER
              3. Reset off
              4. Profit

Comment

Poor 3g signal

Originally posted by Janne View Post
                I noticed this too, with RR 1.6 I got full bars of 3G and five minutes later (after flashing RR 1.8) only one bar. I presume the modem power has been decreased to save battery...? Any way to crank the power up myself, e.g. by editing build.prop or something? I'm kinda new with these things

Prezes have You found a solution to increse signal strength?
                Otherwise RR 1.8 with ART in use is running very nice and will see if low voltage kernel works for me

Janne
                Nope, sorry.
                Darek

Comment

3G signal weak too

Janne, Prezes - I`am in this boat too
                  3G works only technically - its detected and show something, but practically useless at all
                  Do you try to flash original Pipo KitKat fw?

If someone know something about how it will be fixed - share it please.

Comment

Originally posted by Meettya View Post
                    Janne, Prezes - I`am in this boat too
                    3G works only technically - its detected and show something, but practically useless at all
                    Do you try to flash original Pipo KitKat fw?

If someone know something about how it will be fixed - share it please.
                    This is due to the fact that RileyRom included the "libril...so" file coming from Jelly bean.
                    The stock libril for Kitkat doesn't allow to go in deep sleep.
                    The Jelly bean libril file is compatible in KitKat but with decreased sensitivity.
                    The only way is to copy the kitkat native libril file.
                    I can attach the file on wednesday (because now I'm out of office where I have the original file).

Otherwise you can flash the stock ROM (that has a LOT FASTER BOOT TIME) then use "root genius" to have root access. In this way you will have faster boot and full 3G performance....
                    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Sorry for bad eng.
                      TWRP is ok.

Thank you.
                      don't worry: remove any microSD and Sim card, Connect the tablet via USB to the PC. Use the same combination of "VOL+ , Power" then flash another kernel.
                      If necessary try to do the same with the wall charger connected to the tablet.

It's almost impossible to brick this tablet with a mod kernel, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                        <...>
                        I can attach the file on wednesday (because now I'm out of office where I have the original file).
                        Oh, thanx in advance
                        "Unsleeped, but with 3G" or "sleep, but 3G unusable" - hard decisions, rly.

Comment

Originally posted by Meettya View Post
                          Oh, thanx in advance
                          "Unsleeped, but with 3G" or "sleep, but 3G unusable" - hard decisions, rly.
                          You are right!
                          We need that theese chinese FINALLY wake up and make a new ROM with deep sleep activated by default (correct the libril file)...
                          until that we need to decide to have bad 3G but deep sleep or vice-versa...

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by josedebenidorm View Post
                            Perdón por mi ingles. Quiero instalar la Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat desde CWM y son estos los pasos a seguir: 1) Copiar a la raiz system.img ;boot.img ;kernel.img y ROMInstall. 2) Reiniciar en recovery. 3) Wipes. 4) ejecutar ROMInstall. 5) Rezar para que todo salga bien

Pardon for my Englishman. I want to install the Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat from CWM and the steps are these to continuing: 1) To copy to the root system.img; boot.img; kernel.img and ROMInstall. 2) To restart in recovery. 3) Wipes. 4) to execute ROMInstall. 5) To pray in order that everything goes out well
                            This ROM can not be installed like that, you need to use the program provided in the ROM kit and run from windows PC.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

That's correct.

CWM isn't KitKat compatible, for one thing.

Next, upgrading to KitKat involves necessary restructure of your NAND partitions to include a Metadata partition which hasn't existed in previous Android versions. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET IF YOU DON'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Read post #1 carefully, and look at the threads linked in that post.

Your ONLY option is to flash this ROM (CAREFULLY FOLLOWING ALL OF THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS) using the included flash tool from a Windows PC (NOT WINDOWS 8.1).
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Best kernel?

Hi, I flashed today KitKat and everything seems to work perfectly until now. Unluckily I couldn't use v2 kernel (I have not a lucky Cpu) and so i flashed Claro Kernel, but is it there something in the middle between the 2? I have not exactly clear the meaning of the other four kernels... With Claro I get a Antutu of 19777. Another problem is that ART gives me some problems with some apps; At present I reverted to Dalvik, but is it a way to make ART more stable or some other parameter to change? With ART, Lucky Patcher told me that in the Rom there is some problem, but it didn't specify which...
                                I know that I am posing many problems, but I relly LOVE this Rom and would like to bl able to get the maximum from my Pipo...Thank you in advance to who will be so nice to answer...

Comment

Working...
                                X