No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, I can't really answer to the custom kernels. I'm very happy with the stock kernel. I actually flash so often that I hate to complicate things by using anything else. I'll let the guys who make the kernels tell you about them.

While Pipo clearly states their KitKat firmware for rk3188 devices are strictly experimental...and very unstable, I beg to differ. This 1.8 ROM runs very smoothly...in fact, smoother than the 1.6 Jellybean ROM, in my opinion.

I haven't had a chance to explore the ART issues. It's a very new feature, and I haven't found many resources on tweaking it's settings. (I haven't really tried yet, to be honest). I'm hoping we can find some tweaks to improve the ART implementation.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and stay tuned for updates...we may have this version of the firmware for a while.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Pomodoro View Post
      Hi, I flashed today KitKat and everything seems to work perfectly until now. Unluckily I couldn't use v2 kernel (I have not a lucky Cpu) and so i flashed Claro Kernel, but is it there something in the middle between the 2? I have not exactly clear the meaning of the other four kernels... With Claro I get a Antutu of 19777. Another problem is that ART gives me some problems with some apps; At present I reverted to Dalvik, but is it a way to make ART more stable or some other parameter to change? With ART, Lucky Patcher told me that in the Rom there is some problem, but it didn't specify which...
      I know that I am posing many problems, but I relly LOVE this Rom and would like to bl able to get the maximum from my Pipo...Thank you in advance to who will be so nice to answer...
      ART should be OK on this ROM since it was updated to ART compatible gapps though there may be some specific apps that are not compatible , so far I haven't problems with my apps. If you do switch between ART and Dalvik clear the play store cache in settings apps to avoid some issues.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

Now I have used 1.8 for couple of days. It is smooth and well working, but I still have to go back to 1.6.1. as internal 3G is unusable, strenght just isn't good enough, even where bars are normally full. GPS is quite weak, but that could be managed, as I use it in open boat...
        Is there coming a fix for the 3G within next weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomodoro View Post
          Hi, I flashed today KitKat and everything seems to work perfectly until now. Unluckily I couldn't use v2 kernel (I have not a lucky Cpu) and so i flashed Claro Kernel, but is it there something in the middle between the 2? I have not exactly clear the meaning of the other four kernels... With Claro I get a Antutu of 19777. Another problem is that ART gives me some problems with some apps; At present I reverted to Dalvik, but is it a way to make ART more stable or some other parameter to change? With ART, Lucky Patcher told me that in the Rom there is some problem, but it didn't specify which...
          I know that I am posing many problems, but I relly LOVE this Rom and would like to bl able to get the maximum from my Pipo...Thank you in advance to who will be so nice to answer...
          You can try the
          kernel_kitkat_1.8_cpu_stock_with_reduced_voltages_ gpu600_ddr720
          or
          kernel_kitkat_1.8_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_825_users

you can find the files here:

post #480

both have reduced voltages for CPU, but slightly higher than low_voltage_v2.

Even with Claro kernel your result is quite low: you need to wait a little bit more after power on before doing antutu testing (and: disable wifi and remove any microSD).
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Deepsleep issues? -> Wifi Advanced settings clarified

Hello to all

I was having issues where sometimes my tablet did not woke up from DeepSleep and needed a manual reset using pin-hole.

Messing around with the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" setting + CPUSpy I found out:
            1. DeepSleep does NOT work when tablet is CHARGING.
            Maybe this is normal? "charging is monitored by the android os to prevent overcharging, therefore the device should be turned on whilst charging" http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=38658 or NOT???
            [del]2. NEVER use the "Only when plugged in" option-> tablet seems to crash when entering DeepSleep every time.[/del] Edit 05/03: Probably Kernel issue ...
            3. For BEST power save use "Never (increases data usage)". If you want to keep notifications while in DeepSleep use "Always" option.

My problem seems gone since i use the "Never" option.

Hope this helps someone and THANKS Riley + Giouncino I finally have what a tablet should be: speedy!

using: M6 Pro WIFI / RR 1.8 KK FINAL (with Modified "libril...so" enabling DeepSleep) + Giouncino's VERY_LOW_V2 kernel
            Last edited by spyderbilt; 03-05-2014, 09:53.

Comment

Deepsleep / Wifi setting issues...?

Mmm I am confused

Now "Only when plugged in" option seems to work...
              Only changes i made was to use the libril file from the Arctool. And i had not rebooted till now.

I will do some more testing...
              1. Maybe the wrong libril file is included in your version Riley
              2. Maybe it has to do with how long the tablet is in DeepSleep
              3. Something else?

Keep you posted if i find anything new

Comment

Deepsleep / Wifi setting issues...?

Ok never mind problem with "Only when plugged in" option IS there
                It just takes more than 30s of DeepSleep to occur.

Please follow my first post

Comment

Originally posted by spyderbilt View Post
                  Ok never mind problem with "Only when plugged in" option IS there
                  It just takes more than 30s of DeepSleep to occur.

Please follow my first post
                  had the same SOD problem ..... i think it's Low v2 kernel causing SOD ... changed to another kernel and everything is ok ...

Comment

Originally posted by r0llingmuffin View Post
                    had the same SOD problem ..... i think it's Low v2 kernel causing SOD ... changed to another kernel and everything is ok ...
                    Not sure seems everything else is very stable no reboot / crash or else... even on demanding apps.
                    At the moment, I don't see what the deepsleep issue has to do with kernel. I know it may be unstable since using less voltage but it would also affect other apps. But thank you for the tip.
                    We will see if other pb arise

Comment

Not sure seems everything else is very stable no reboot / crash or else... even on demanding apps.
                      At the moment, I don't see what the deepsleep issue has to do with kernel. I know it may be unstable since using less voltage but it would also affect other apps. But thank you for the tip.
                      We will see if other pb arise

More a Wifi driver issue i think. Now what was made to this Kernel and was it recompiled from the original KK version... Only Giouncino can tell ...I am no expert on kernels

Comment

Hi guys,
                        i have one Pipo M6 Pro and one Pipo M6 not Pro. May be use this rom with Pipo M6 not pro?

Thanks

Comment

No. You will have a brick on your hands to deal with. Don't even try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Hello to all

I was having issues where sometimes my tablet did not woke up from DeepSleep and needed a manual reset using pin-hole.

Messing around with the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" setting + CPUSpy I found out:
                            1. DeepSleep does NOT work when tablet is CHARGING.
                            Maybe this is normal? "charging is monitored by the android os to prevent overcharging, therefore the device should be turned on whilst charging" http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=38658 or NOT???
                            2. NEVER use the "Only when plugged in" option-> tablet seems to crash when entering DeepSleep every time.
                            3. For BEST power save use "Never (increases data usage)". If you want to keep notifications while in DeepSleep use "Always" option.

My problem seems gone since i use the "Never" option.

Hope this helps someone and THANKS Riley + Giouncino I finally have what a tablet should be: speedy!

using: M6 Pro WIFI / RR 1.8 KK FINAL (with Modified "libril...so" enabling DeepSleep) + Giouncino's VERY_LOW_V2 kernel
                            1 - It's normal: deep sleep is disabled during charging
                            2 - I normally use "Only when plugged in" WITHOUT any issue and my low_voltage_v2 Kernel

For your information: my modified kenels do not involve deep sleep functionality (where the frequency is set to 0 Hz for CPU and the CPU is virtually switched off).
                            But it could affect the moment of the switch back on.
                            If you see the problem again I suggest you to try the "825_users" kernel version that could help your specific issue (with a little bit more voltage on lower frequency of the CPU)

Comment

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                              Now I have used 1.8 for couple of days. It is smooth and well working, but I still have to go back to 1.6.1. as internal 3G is unusable, strenght just isn't good enough, even where bars are normally full. GPS is quite weak, but that could be managed, as I use it in open boat...
                              Is there coming a fix for the 3G within next weeks?
                              Tomorrow or within wednesday, I can share with you the original libril file that could improve 3G functionality (even if it disable deep sleep).

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                                Tomorrow or within wednesday, I can share with you the original libril file that could improve 3G functionality (even if it disable deep sleep).
                                Thanks, it would be great! Even I don't actually know what's the deep sleep... But working 3G would mean a world to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X