Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Thanks to all of those who tested the beta for this ROM over on the 1.7 thread!!!!!!!!

This is a final release of v1.8 KitKat based on an official Pipo firmware dated 2/20/14. This ROM seems a little smoother and has full GPS functionality. So I present to you, finally, and complete KitKat ROM for the M6 Pro!!!!!

Must I go over all of the KitKat vs Jellybean precautions ONE MORE TIME?

If you are a beginner, PLEASE do a little homework before you delve into KitKat land by reading these threads:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...G-A-KITKAT-ROM!!!!!

Also, let me warn you. There is a glitch in the reboot app I've included in all of my ROM's. If you use it to reboot to recovery, you will get stuck in a recovery loop. The only way to get out of it, is either flash the whole ROM again, or follow the instructions on this thread:

Anyway, back to the ROM.

This ROM is:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Not really much to debloat with these KitKat versions, yet
    Init.d support added
    Busybox commands added
    English as default language
    Google Play Store fixes to be more compatible with apps
    ART compatible Google Apps included (That was a lot of work, BTW)
    Auto Install feature on first boot. See this thread for details: Link
    VPN support
    2, 4, 6, 8, 12gb user app space choices (default 4gb)
    Latest Reboot app by Petrus
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_Pt Link
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    RkBatchTool included as an alternate way to "switch" to flash mode
    New RK Driver Installer app

Edit: This is now v1.8.2

I've done an extensive redo of the whole ROM with a few things I've learned since we first put this out. It contains the new WORKING version to TWRP by Abdul_PT...a new WORKING version of the Petrus Reboot app...a new boot animation by me (this time). There are some EU language tweaks (by request). It also contains the stock libril driver, not the patched version of the JB file. This should improve your 3G signal.

The difference between this and 1.8.1 is that I restored the missing google contacts sync adapter app that was missing in my updated ROM.

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!! Your donations keep me updated with the latest tablets to test on.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 07-12-2014, 04:00.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

1.7 allready very good, downloading while we speak!

I mean 1.8Beta was already very good!

Thanks, downloading 1.8 now!
    Last edited by Satbeginner; 02-23-2014, 22:07. Reason: typo

Comment

Thank you RR Downloading for testing

Enviado desde mi M6pro mediante Tapatalk

Comment

M6Pro_RR_1.8_KK

Well done rriley great work and a gent downloading and will be testing now..

Comment

OK, I'm still messing with this reboot app. Just don't use it until we get an update from Petrus.

If you want to try TWRP, open a terminal:

su
          reboot recovery

That will keep you from having to flash the misc_system.img I included in the ROM kit to rescue people from the dreaded recovery loop. It's there, just in case.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

running 1.8 now!

The past days i was running 1.8beta, already running perfect.

I used KK-launcher, easy to adjust the number of icons and rows.
            Next to that I ran Firefox 27, this version was released to be used with kk 4.4, and also the flash support is back.

Today I installed RR1.8 and restored my backup (titanium), it all seems to run perfect.

More feedback after more usage time.

un saludo,

Satbeginner (from Spain)

Comment

Quick questio user app space

Hello,

How do you change the space for apps? I have a 32gb version m6 pro, and would like to increase the userspace, This way I do not have to keep moving the apps to sd.

Thank you

Brian

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              OK, I'm still messing with this reboot app. Just don't use it until we get an update from Petrus.

If you want to try TWRP, open a terminal:

su
              reboot recovery

That will keep you from having to flash the misc_system.img I included in the ROM kit to rescue people from the dreaded recovery loop. It's there, just in case.

Comment

Just pick a larger parameter. The default is 4gb. You can go up to 12gb.

Just read the guide.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

quick question

Hello,

Which guide?

Your install guide?

Just pick a larger parameter. The default is 4gb. You can go up to 12gb.

Just read the guide.

Comment

When you flash the ROM using the flash tool, you can select a different parameter file in the RileyROM folder.

Instructions are in the PDF file First Time Users Guide in the root of the ROM kit.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

n *

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

nice phone nice
                      Last edited by nutte; 02-24-2014, 03:44. Reason: stupid phone

Comment

Thank you

Thank you.

Found it...

When you flash the ROM using the flash tool, you can select a different parameter file in the RileyROM folder.

Instructions are in the PDF file First Time Users Guide in the root of the ROM kit.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job, thanks Randy and cool new boot animation too.
                          Cheers

Sent from my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

Remote screen does not work, no Dutch spelling check.

hi all,
                            when I try to connect my LG smart-TV by means of Miracast (Hdmi over WiFi) it crashes the tablet on connecting, so even before entering the pin-code. (this worked in RR1.6.1)
                            The option can be found under Settings, Display.

Further I installed Hacker's Keyboard, because I like the full PC layout including all characters AND numbers at the same time. However, with none of the keyboards, not even stock, Dutch spelling check is available.

Further 1.8RR runs really! smooth!!

Un saludo desde EspaƱa,

Satbeginner
                            Last edited by Satbeginner; 02-24-2014, 09:35. Reason: extra info

Comment

3 G problem

Thanks fo exellent work. Rom works smooth and seems to be stable, but 3g signal is really poor, sometimes my pipo m6 pro looses it at all. On stock firmware I haven't this problem - the 3g signal in same conditions was full.

Comment

Working...
                              X