Pipo S1S RileyROM 1.1 - Jellybean 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S1S RileyROM 1.1 - Jellybean 4.2.2

This ROM is based on official Pipo firmware release on 3/3/14.

It's odd, because this is a 3066 tablet, but actually has 4.2.2 Jellybean.

Please understand that the S1S is NOT the same as the S1 or the S1 Pro...so I wouldn't try running this ROM on the latter two tablets...unless you REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. It might brick your tablet, or some things just won't work (like the touch screen or the display).

Based on the feedback from 1.0 version, I sure hope this fixes a lot of things that weren't working.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support
    Busybox support
    Auto Install feature added (see this thread for details), thanks to Leolas and 900Supersport for this feature
    TWRP Recovery installed after the first boot, thanks to Abdul_Pt for this feature
    There are parameter files from 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12gb user app space (but I think you should only try 2 or 4 because I don't know how much NAND memory is available). The default is 4gb.
    Reboot App by Petrus
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Updated First Time User's Guide

Enjoy!!!!!

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

i know it's off the thread but it's possible to built a q8s rk3066 4gb rom 512mb ram with a 2gb parameter? wonder if i can just take the system image from this rom and built in RK3xxx_firmware_tools with stock q8s rom, possible ? i know is not the same resolution of q8s is 1024x600 but is moddable i think and also q8s use rt8188eu which surely is in s1s rom. what you think about it ? ram should calibrate at boot (ram 336mhz from my kernel) and lcd is the same samsung...pretty sure and cpu is the same.

my q8s stock kernel is UNLOCKED and work better than any mk808b kernel. it scale (without lag like mk808b oc kernels) in interactive from 252 to 1512 out the box. Setcpu show in info/Time in State tab all frequency. i've never see that with any stock or oc mk808b rk3066 kernel.

i've done an antutu before to have more stats time in state in setcpu. take a look:
    14235 SCORE
    (could almost touch almost any quadcore rk3188T tv stick stock rom score)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-58-16.png
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	433278Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-57-49.png
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	433277Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-55-31.png
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	433272Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-55-44.png
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	433273Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-56-49.png
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	433274Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-57-00.png
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	433275Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-13-57-25.png
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	433276
    in more cpu info tab from antutu, i could also see live in real time 'cpu load' core 0 and core 1 frequency scaling independently from each other smootly(don't ever see on mk808b kernels)

but sadly stuck with 4.1.1 on my q8s...

would be good to move to 4.2.2 this way

for a 45$ tab (thx geekbuying) it's good enough but could be better on 4.2.2

any help would grantly appreciated
    Last edited by malfrat; 03-15-2014, 06:26.

Comment

The problem is that in order to run KitKat, you need a device specific kernel with all of the internal components activated. This ROM won't run on anything but a Pipo S1S or it will brick the device.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        The problem is that in order to run KitKat, you need a device specific kernel with all of the internal components activated. This ROM won't run on anything but a Pipo S1S or it will brick the device.
        and if i use the s1s 4.2 STOCK and JUST take system.img from and replace my q8s 4.1 stock system.img ? of course keeping q8s stock bootloader.img,kpanic,kernel....images and play with the parameter to fit the 4gb rom size..? will it boot you think ?

Comment

You can try, but I think since you have a 4.1 kernel...you won't be able to boot with a 4.2.2 ROM. The boot.img is required for some of the features I put into the ROM.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

You can try, but I think since you have a 4.1 kernel...you won't be able to boot with a 4.2.2 ROM. The boot.img is required for some of the features I put into the ROM.
            i talking about working from 'STOCK' not custom. anyway it's not possible cuz my kernel is 3.0.8 and the s1s 4.2 system.img is for sure running on 3.0.36, all driver and other crippy won't work...unless they use a 3.0.8 on 4.2,probably more then not, i did'nt think about that, sorry taking your precious time and bumpping youthread that sort.

if someday you found an rk3066 tab 512mb 4gb STOCK rom running on jb 4.2 tell me!!!!!!!!

i appreciate

Comment

No problem.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Hi!

I'm sorry but link to the firmware does not work.
                Throws a 404 error.
                Please upload it again.
                "Not Found

The requested URL /rrileypm/Pipo_S1S_RileyROM_1.1.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at www.freak-tab.de Port 80"

Comment

Our FTP server is down...still trying to get it fixed.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I only created an account to thank the guys who make better this rom. It's going pretty cool.

Edit: Antutu test gives me 19000.

Comment

Great feedback!!!! Thanks.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Great feedback!!!! Thanks.
                        Hi again. Everything still going great, but there's something that bothers me since I bought this tablet, I can't charge it while its off, it powers on everytime.

Is this something moddable? It would improve my battery health.

Comment

Working...
                        X