Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S2 RileyROM 1.1

Although Pipo hasn't put out a firmware update in quite some time, I have upgraded the process I use to develop my ROM's...enough so, that I decided to have a go with this ROM.

This ROM will work on either WIFI or 3G versions of the tablet.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloat of needless apps
    Init.d support
    Google Play Store fixes
    English Default
    2, 4 or 6gb user app space available by choosing the desired parameter file (I'm not sure how much NAND is present in the S1...so don't exceed the physical limitations of the device).
    Auto Install of apk's on first boot, if you have them in the autoinstall folder of your external SD.
    Custom TWRP Recovery (Instead of CWM)...I never could get CWM to work on these early Pipo's
    Boot animation by Tattman65
    Reboot App by Petrus

Read the First Time User's Guide PDF file for flashing instructions and tips.

Download

Enjoy!!!!

My donation link is on my signature...feel free to buy me a beer!!!!! Actually, all the money goes right into my development efforts...either new tablets, or better equipment.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Old Standby

HI Riley,

I still use my S2 a lot and it will get new life with this new ROM!!

Thanks a lot!!

zim

Comment

Not This Time

Hi Riley et al,

No matter what, I could not get this ROM to work.
      I managed to get to the home screen once, but locked up tight when selecting Settings.
      On all other loads, I locked up tight before getting to the home screen.
      I never got far enough to do much trouble shooting.
      I'm now back to Roman's 1b version.

Thanks for the try!!!
      zim

Comment

Depending on how old your tablet is...there may be some hardware incompatibilities. Its hard to read between the lines in Chinese to tell if it is for an updated build of the tablet.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Memory management

Hi Riley,
          You are right.
          It IS a hardware issue and I'm fairly sure that it is with memory management.
          I finally got to settings and "storage" is all screwed up...

It's been a fun cycle of events and again, Thanks for your efforts..
          Now off to the M9pro 2.6.....

Regards,
          zim

Comment

Wifi issues

Wifi keeps on turning off and needs the tablet to reboot in order for the wifi module to be turned on again. How to fix this? Thanks!

Comment

Hello Riley and congrats for this ROM, it's the smoothest there is. My S2 appears to have some hardware problems with its internal storage becoming corrupted all the time (e2fsck always finds something to correct) but your ROM is more stable than others and gives me some days of good use before I have to flash my nandroid backup again.

Anyway what surprised me was, that, as an experiment, I connected a Logitech wireless mouse (2.4GHz, not bluetooth) and it works fine. It's the Logitech M310 with a tiny (full usb) nano receiver. Do you happen to know what the driver for that is and do you have it enabled as a choice or an accident? Because I tried other ROMS and they don't support it, so it made me wonder.

Thanks.

Comment

Most of those input device drivers are embedded in the kernel. Sometimes you can load a missing driver for a device, but it has to me compiled for an RK kernel...that's above my capabilities.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

OK, since I don't know where i should post these to get some help I will put them here.

These are 2 logcats that I managed to grab when my device was acting up again. Logcat.txt is from when Android was running with processes crashing. Logcat2.txt is from when the system was trying to boot (after I shut it down). Still hasn't been able to boot. It will eventually but it will perform a factory reset on it's own.

So any idea what the hell is going on? I read a bit of logcat2, seems to be pretty catastrophic. Is the device ready for the garbage bin?

logcats.zip

Comment

Working...
                  X