Pipo M8HD RileyROM 1.6 Jellybean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8HD RileyROM 1.6 Jellybean

This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware release dated 4/2/2014. There is no change log for this ROM, so I don't know what's different from the last Jellybean ROM.

This is a Jellybean (Android 4.2) ROM, so just make sure you are aware that if you are switching back from KitKat, you must first erase IDB from the KitKat ROM flash tool, before you attempt to flash this ROM. Also you must check the Loader prior to flashing or you will brick your tablet. Consider yourself WARNED!!!!!

I'm not kidding about this...you will BRICK YOUR TABLET if you don't check the loader before flashing it, if you are downgrading from KitKat to Jellybean.

As usual, this ROM is:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Debloated of all unnecessary apps
    English Default (This was a Chinese firmware)
    Init.d/Busybox support added
    Pre-install/Auto Install feature added as with previous RileyROM's
    TWRP Recovery added after the first boot by Abdul_Pt
    Reboot App by Petrus
    New boot animation, by me
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Flash Tool by Finless

Download

Please donate on my signature link to support future RileyROM development.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Randy, thank you very much for this ROM. I already wanted to ask you to not to forget JB users :-) I am not brave enough to play with KK or to test it and JB is enough for my daily usage.
    I will install it tomorrow and report.

I used the best way to show my appreciation for your work - PayPal.

Rgds
    Marek aka MarqS

Comment

Thanks. Keep me posted on how this ROM works for you.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

So is there nothing worth mentioning about this new JB rom? I've been thinking about moving back from KitKat since NFS file sharing was not possible with KitKat rom.

Comment

To tell the truth, I decided to install KitKat rom. Therefore no info from me:-(

Comment

Wow, I've been totally covered up with work for the whole day and haven't even had time to check the posts.

It looks like most users have already to switched to KK.

Let me look into the NFS problem on the KK ROM. I think I know why it doesn't work. I'll try to put out an update...but it may be Sunday before I can get to it.

I'm working Friday, traveling on Saturday and back at the firehouse on Sunday with nothing planned but to catch up on ROM work.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Hi. i'm sorry to disturb you, but I have a problem after flashing this ROM. I tried to flash it from your's KitKat ROM 1.8 . The problem is my M8HD can't be turned on know (just no image). I checked the bootloader and did all as in instructions, but in the log while flashing there was written that there was succesfully Downloaded IDB and then was sent a command to reset the device after which i can't turn it on. If you have any solutions or ways to them, please help me. I'll be very pleased materially

Comment

One thing you might try is:

With a paper clip, press the reset button to make sure the tablet is turned off.

Open the flash tool from the 1.8 ROM.

Press and hold the vol+ button and press power.

The flash tool should see the tablet in "Loader Mode"

Erase IDB from the 1.8 flash tool.

Then run the 1.6 flash tool, check the loader.bin if it's unchecked.

The flash tool should see the tablet in "Loader Mode"

Flash the 1.6 ROM without erasing IDB.

The tablet should boot to recovery and format everything...and is should boot to system.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

i tried to get to the recovery mode but the device did not seemed to turn on. On the flash tool it is always "No found RKAndroid rock USB". What its could be?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaar View Post
                    i tried to get to the recovery mode but the device did not seemed to turn on. On the flash tool it is always "No found RKAndroid rock USB". What its could be?
                    press the “ESC“&“power” key for a few seconds
                    taken from: http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Co...&id=248&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by KEvgeniy View Post
                      press the “ESC“&“power” key for a few seconds
                      taken from: http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Co...&id=248&type=3
                      i did. No result.
                      But now all is warking. I just read this thread:

In general, i shorted my pins 8 and 9 as mezzo described (with image), got into Mask mode and there i made all the standart procedure of flashing the rom. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                      X