Pipo S6 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo S6 RileyROM 1.0

This is a Jellybean ROM based on an official firmware update release from Pipo dated 4/2/14.

This is another 7.9" tablet...similar to the U8 with a lower resolution screen and other budget parts. It runs the RK3188 CPU. Pipo doesn't even have the specs posted on their site, so I had to look it up elsewhere. I'm not sure if the tablet is even available yet.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files (since there's only 8gb installed, you can only go up to 4 or 6gb max...the default is 4gb. (Sorry, I didn't see that before I made the ROM kit).
    Multiple ko modules for VPN and other networking support added
    Boot Animation by Me
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Also, this ROM contains the auto install feature, for installing apk files on the first boot. See this Thread for details on auto install. LINK

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Nice work

It's a start....But the tablet is still quite hard to operate.Lag,I gues it has to do with the cheep internal storage,the screen still dosen't respond as it should and when the RAM goes above 65-70% it starts to freeze.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you play around much with the stock firmware before you flashed my ROM? How does my ROM compare to stock?
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Just installed

Just installed...I will report back in a couple of days.Who can make this work properly deserves a medal.The #441 kernel is interesting.The 2014-02-04 is a prerelease and yes I played a lot with it.

Comment

Real improvement

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Thanks for the feedback.

Did you play around much with the stock firmware before you flashed my ROM? How does my ROM compare to stock?
          The improvement is clear.The screen responds better(let's say 80% as it should).Seams to work better with Nova launcher,lag/freeze sometimes(especially when it starts to heat and you don't need to play around much for it to heat up....RAM 65-70%>freezes).Start lag on some internal storage installed apps(YouTube for ex).
          ....And sometimes volume + starts by it self and the keyboard drops randomly when writing(don't have a logcat but this happened in the stock version to)
          A ''install to external SD card'' option would be nice.
          Antutu 18.000-18.700.....
          ...I'll report back if i find something new(didn't had much time).

Will you continue to work on this?
          Thanks.

Comment

Yes, as long as Pipo supports it.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

V1.1..?

Yes, as long as Pipo supports it.
              Hi,
              Is there going to be a sequel to V1.0?

It runs better then the stock but still far from a stable build....a looot of lag and even freezing,getting hot very fast,screen dosen't respond like it should and so on.....

It's worse then my MK808B clone stock 4.2 firmware and that's a RK3066...I don't understand why Pipo didn't came whit a decent ROM so far.

Cheers.

Comment

I keep watching for a firmware update from Pipo to base a new custom ROM...but I haven't seen one for a while. Let me know if you see one.

Lately it seems that if you contact Pipo customer support by email, they can provide you with a firmware update to deal with a specific problem...like lag. If they send you a link to an update, please share it with me either in this thread or by PM.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I keep watching for a firmware update from Pipo to base a new custom ROM...but I haven't seen one for a while. Let me know if you see one.

Lately it seems that if you contact Pipo customer support by email, they can provide you with a firmware update to deal with a specific problem...like lag. If they send you a link to an update, please share it with me either in this thread or by PM.
                  I will send them an email....Don't expect much from them.

This is the reply they gave me on FB 9 days ago:16 aprilie la 05:31 Anna YePlease tell me what is problem with the firmware for S6. We have a 20140402 firmware for it here.http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Product&a=show4&id=316...Vezi traducereaProducts--PiPO Tablet, Tablet manufacturer
                  www.pipo.cn

16 aprilie la 05:31
                  Anna Ye Write me an Email please, [email][email protected]Vezi traducerea
                  Îmi place · 17 aprilie la 15:45

Comment

I guess they are happy with this firmware, for now.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I guess they are happy with this firmware, for now.
                      I guess they are happy with your ROM 2 >http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...4&highlight=s6

Comment

Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

New Pipo S6 firmware 20140506

Pipo sent me the link to a new firmware:

Comment

Great!!!! I will look at it tomorrow!!!

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Great!!!! I will look at it tomorrow!!!

Randy

Installed it today>BIG improvement,working great.

Three weeks of constant criticism paid off

Comment

Working...
                              X