Pipo U2 RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo U2 RileyROM 1.2

This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware release dated 12/04/2013. It took a while for me to find a newer firmware than the ones I used for previous ROM's.

I'm not exactly sure what was changed in this release.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Google Play Store Fixes added
    TWRP Recovery installed automatically on first boot (thanks Abdul_Pt)
    Init.d/Busybox support
    Auto Install feature added to install apk files on first boot from external SD
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Boot Animation by me
    First Time User's Guide
    Flash Tool by Finless

Download

If you flash this ROM, and you have an unlucky tablet that the touch screen quits working, you can flash this alternate ROM, it's from firmware dated 3/3/13:

Download

Note: Thanks to Freaktab member Envelope, there is a kernel available for you download and flash that will fix the touch screen problems plagued by a few unlucky users:

Just place this kernel.img file in the RileyROM sub folder and flash according to the instructions. You can flash just the kernel by un-checking all of the other ROM files and don't erase IDB. The tablet will boot to the system with the alternate kernel running, which should fix your touch screen problems.

Enjoy!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference, please consider a donation to the link in my signature.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 02-02-2015, 04:56.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Inverted touch screen

Hello. Thank you for your work, but I'm unhappy now. And my son is more unhappy than me :-(. I bought him the tablet Pipo U2 and I decided to flash your firmware. I have also M6Pro tablet with your firmware and there I'm satisfied. But after flashing the firmware 1.2 into U2 I have the same problem as doom312 with the version 1.0 and 1.1: touch screen is inverted. I'm not able to fix it. I also tried to flash original stock from downloaded from Pipo website, but the problem still persists. Could help me please? Thank you very much.

Comment

Is just the touch screen inverted...or is the whole display inverted?
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

There's an app called Ultimate Rotation Control in Google Play Store...it's worth a try.

Otherwise, you can edit the build.prop with a rooted file explorer app...like ES File Explorer or Xplore.

Find these entries:

ro.sf.fakerotation=false
        ro.sf.hwrotation=0

Try changing the fakerotation to true...save...reboot and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, try changing the hwrotation from 0 to 1 the same way.

Make sure you back up your tablet...you might have to re-flash if something goes wrong.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Is just the touch screen inverted...or is the whole display inverted?
          Just the touch screen. And just in vertical direction. From left to right and from right to left it is ok.

Comment

There's an app called Ultimate Rotation Control in Google Play Store...it's worth a try.

Otherwise, you can edit the build.prop with a rooted file explorer app...like ES File Explorer or Xplore.

Find these entries:

ro.sf.fakerotation=false
            ro.sf.hwrotation=0

Try changing the fakerotation to true...save...reboot and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, try changing the hwrotation from 0 to 1 the same way.

Make sure you back up your tablet...you might have to re-flash if something goes wrong.
            After flashing your ROM there are these values:

ro.sf.fakerotation=true
            ro.sf.hwrotation=270

I'm trying to change the values, but after any change the system doesn't boot up. :-(

Comment

Try flashing the kernel from 1.0 or 1.1.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Try flashing the kernel from 1.0 or 1.1.
                Still the same :-(

Comment

Yeahhh!!!! Finally I solved it!. I asked the manufacturer in the China for the firmware. Not for the update. They sent me it and it is working now.

Riley, thank you for your effort.

If you want these firmwares I can send you the URL for downloading them.

BR, Jaroslav.

Comment

Yes, that would be great. I can extract the kernel from that original firmware and see if flashing just it with my ROM's fixes the touch screen issue. Othewise, I can make a custom ROM with just that firmware for those who have that problem.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Yes, that would be great. I can extract the kernel from that original firmware and see if flashing just it with my ROM's fixes the touch screen issue. Othewise, I can make a custom ROM with just that firmware for those who have that problem.
                      You can download it here. There are two images. Firstly I flashed the older one. After this flashing the problem changed. Before flashing there was a problem in vertical direction. After flashing the problem changed to vertical and also to horizontal direction. So the both directions were mirrored. And after flashing second image the problem disappeared.

I hope it will help to another people :-)

Comment

It looks like there were some hardware differences in later runs of this model...which required changes in firmware. Pipo's not real good at letting us know about those differences. It would help if firmware releases could include a list of serial numbers the firmware is compatible with.

Anyway, I'm downloading now. I will take a look.

Thanks!!!!!!!

I'm glad you got it going again.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

OK, I will put together an alternate ROM and post in the OP for anyone who has had trouble with touch screen. That way, you can have a rooted ROM, again. It will be 1.2T for touch fix.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I've added an alternate ROM in post #1 for tablets with the dreaded touch screen issue.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware release dated 12/04/2013. It took a while for me to find a newer firmware than the ones I used for previous ROM's.

I'm not exactly sure what was changed in this release.

This ROM is:

Rooted
                              Debloated
                              Google Play Store Fixes added
                              TWRP Recovery installed automatically on first boot (thanks Abdul_Pt)
                              Init.d/Busybox support
                              Auto Install feature added to install apk files on first boot from external SD
                              Reboot app by Petrus
                              Boot Animation by me
                              First Time User's Guide
                              Flash Tool by Finless

Download

If you flash this ROM, and you have an unlucky tablet that the touch screen quits working, you can flash this alternate ROM, it's from firmware dated 3/3/13:

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference, please consider a donation to the link in my signature.
                              Hi Riley.

I'm not able to download the second link. I mean the link for people who have unlucky tablet ...

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X