Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.5

Warning, this ROM is NOT for the M9 Pro tablet...this is for the original M9 Max, only!!!!!!!

Thanks to Freaktab member Dthevenin from Madrid for providing a ROM dump from his new M9 Max tablet which contained a more recent firmware dated 2/12/14. This ROM is still Jellybean.

I don't have an M9 to test, but I'm pretty sure it will work just fine.

There's no change log, and Dthevenin hasn't experienced any previous firmware versions, I'm not sure exactly what is different in this firmware.

As usual, this ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support added
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Boot Animation by me
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    TWRP Recovery installed after first boot, thanks to Abdul_pt
    Auto Install apps from external SD on first boot. Just put the apk files in a folder named autoinstall.
    In order to open more apps in the Google Play Store, this ROM spoofs as a Samsung device.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Note: This is now v2.5.3. It's based on the same firmware version, but from official Pipo firmware, instead of the ROM dump we were previously using.

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 05-10-2014, 18:50.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Thanks Bro, will check it out later...

I guess we'll never get beyond jellybean or even newer jellybean from official source... someone just asked Anna on their FB page to state once & for all whether Pipo plan to provide new firmware for M9 Max instead of giving vague replies all over the page, she said 'no'.

She didn't reply the 2nd part though where she was asked how long Pipo commit to support each new product launched...

Comment

Originally posted by fztt View Post
      I guess we'll never get beyond jellybean or even newer jellybean from official source...
      some info

From Greg at 4/10/14 9:56 PM
      • Will this tablet be getting the Android v4.4 update at all?
      • Pipo tablet :
        Thank you for your mail .
        Our factory is testing the latest firmware ,don't worry ,we will submit it on our website soon .
      source

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Warning, this ROM is NOT for the M9 Pro tablet...this is for the original M9 Max, only!!!!!!!

Thanks to Freaktab member Dthevenin from Madrid for providing a ROM dump from his new M9 Max tablet which contained a more recent firmware dated 2/12/14. This ROM is still Jellybean.

I don't have an M9 to test, but I'm pretty sure it will work just fine.

There's no change log, and Dthevenin hasn't experienced any previous firmware versions, I'm not sure exactly what is different in this firmware.

As usual, this ROM is:

Rooted
        Debloated
        Init.d Support added
        Busybox Support
        English Default
        2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
        Boot Animation by me
        Reboot app by Petrus
        Updated First Time User's Guide
        TWRP Recovery installed after first boot, thanks to Abdul_pt
        Auto Install apps from external SD on first boot. Just put the apk files in a folder named autoinstall.
        In order to open more apps in the Google Play Store, this ROM spoofs as a Samsung device.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
        DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS FILE !!!

I downloaded this and found out (after flashing it) that I got the dead Android after the Kernel boot screen. Closer inspection of the parameter files says it is 4.4.2 for M9Pro (including extra partition).

Fortunately, I reflashed RileyRom2.4 after the ESC+reset button+POWER recover method.

Darren

Comment

Hello,
          I have the same problem as Darren flashing this ROM. Later I reflashed the previous ROM that I had dumped and now is working correctly.
          I have seen the settings in the ROM and it is Pipo 9 (not pro) 4.2.2

I don't understand what can be happened.

Enviado desde mi One S mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Try flashing this ROM with the recovery.img of the one you dumped. See if that works.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

OK, hang on a minute...

Somehow, I got the wrong parameter file included in this thing.

Let me redo it with the correct parameter, and we shall see what happens.

My bad.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

v2.5.1 uploaded

OK, I've redone the ROM from scratch with the correct parameter file included.

Sorry, part of my process involves a scripted reading of the parameter file to do numerous things. I accidentally included a KK parameter file in the mix, which caused the problems. I also discovered the kernel wasn't signed, so I signed it this time. Those two things would definitely keep the ROM from booting.

Just use the same link in post #1 to get v2.5.1
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I love you to much ^^ buutt where kk? XD

Enviado desde mi Ascend G510 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

That is not an official source, just a salesperson trying to make a sale

Anna Ye & her gang at https://www.facebook.com/pipocn are the offical team & site.

And this conversation

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

is as definite as it can get as to whether they are still updating the Max series of tablets.
                    Last edited by fztt; 04-17-2014, 07:40.

Comment

Same happened for me using 2.5.1 Version (Black Screen)
                      Was able though to reflash older Version of FW

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.5

Originally posted by mickego View Post
                        Same happened for me using 2.5.1 Version (Black Screen)
                        Was able though to reflash older Version of FW
                        Could this be a new hardware standard and this ROM is just not compatible with our old hardware? I believe I have the 2nd revision, I.e. not the v1 board.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I flashed the new version 2.5.1 today and now does not turn on a tablet!
                          Tablet Pipo M9 Max Rev.2

Comment

I don't mind having dthevenin's original rom dump if rriley/dthevenin willing to provide... perhaps those with experience flashing previous versions will be able to tell whether it's worth the effort to continue working on this version of rrom...

Comment

I'm kind of working in the blind, since I don't have an M9 to test on.

If someone wants to be resourceful, perhaps a little testing is in order.

Try flashing this ROM, exchanging files from the previous ROM one at a time.

First test the misc.img from 2.4 with 2.5.1

Next test the recovery.img from 2.4 with 2.5.1

Next test the boot.img

Next test the kernel.img

Lastly, try the system.img from 2.4

By process of elimination, we can find the file that is causing problems.

The challenge in using ROM dumps is that the files provided are of the size of the partition, not necessarily the size of the original file. For instance, the misc.img is a lot bigger from the ROM dump. There is a bunch of wasted space (which also may contain errors/corruptions).

I extracted the boot.img/system.img files and resized them...but I didn't touch the recovery.img or the misc.img.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X