Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 Jellybean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 Jellybean

This is a Jellybean ROM based on an official Pipo firmware dated 4/14/14.

This ROM has all of the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support with Busybox commands
    English Default
    Google Play Store fixes
    Updated Google Apps
    2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file
    Auto Install feature added for installing apk files on first boot from external SD
    TWRP recovery installed on first boot by Abdul_Pt
    Reboot app by Petrus
    New boot animation by me
    Latest revision of the First Time User's Guide
    Flash Tool by Finless
    All made with a variation of 900SuperSport's Freaktab Kitchen

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

Please donate to support RileyROM's on Freaktab.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Thank you, as always.

I'm guessing there is no changelog from pipo to know what's new?

Did you ever try a binary diff script to play spot the differences? Or a filesystem wide md5sum list comparator similar to what fslint (for gnu/linux) uses?

Comment

CIFS not working

I downloaded the CIFSManager from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smanager&hl=de for this ROM.
      I enabled loading CIFS at startup as well as loading using insmod. The default path directs to the exisiting /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko
      But trying to mount a NTFS drive on my Windows 7 PC results in an error message
      mount: No such file or directory.
      The directories both exist (as to ES File Manager).
      I also googled this but found no answer. I this ROM not CIFS capable or is this the wrong cifs.ko?
      Any suggestions appreciated a lot.
      Happy Easter,
      Ralf

Comment

The module I'm using...I'm told...is compiled for this kernel. It's worked on other ROM's I have made, but I don't get much feedback on CIFS/NTFS issues.

I wish I could give you a better answer.

If you find a different module that works, let me know.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          The module I'm using...I'm told...is compiled for this kernel. It's worked on other ROM's I have made, but I don't get much feedback on CIFS/NTFS issues.

I wish I could give you a better answer.

If you find a different module that works, let me know.
          Ok, will try some other versions first. Anybody here remembers it working on which version?
          Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi Riley!

What is difference to Finless 1.5 compare this rom?
            Which one is better, smoother?

THX

Comment

I couldn't say, since I don't have an M9 Pro tablet..

Bob added some more tweaks to his ROM than I do, but this is based on more up to date firmware.

If you aren't having problems with Bob's ROM, just stick with it.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

no support for 3G model ?

Comment

This ROM is for both wifi and 3G models.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

First of all, thanks for the work on these ROM's, Riley.

Just installed and testing it on my 3G version.

CPU Spy reports that the device is not going to Deep Sleep, what supposes an important battery drain.
                    To go DS, I've turned off modem power. Being able to disconnect modem is great, as I use wifi the most of time.
                    Now it goes DS.

I'll keep reporting issues, for good or for bad.

By now, really smooth.

Comment

Newbee here. Is this the same firmware as the 4/16/14 firmware on pipos website?

Comment

Yes, the firmware is dated 4/14...posted on 4/16.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          Yes, the firmware is dated 4/14...posted on 4/16.
                          yes Riley work goog and is pretty fast :-)

thx for this good room, i've not much time to test these time but look pretty stable now. got many problem with my pc and also have to return my m9pro3g for a brand new because of 2 dead pix. seem that i'm not so lucky with pipo brand... but in 10 day i be addicted of my tablet....

thx for providing us good roms riley

Comment

I'm just glad this ROM serves some good use.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!

Sent from my S5800 using Tapatalk
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

bookmarks auto synch from google account in stock browser

I found a minor improvement that pipo roms i missing in setting ui in account tab. click on your google accuount from there and click on your email sych options, browser is missing. It would be great if you could include that in future roms and share with others devel that other roms of other device user could appreciate this fonction that is surely missing sometime. it allow the stock browser to get back bookmarks that is saved on google server email account, not those local useless one that is deleted after a flash...

work pretty fast and tested under 4.2 for those who want to install it now, go for it, install as any app,also no need to be rooted.i suspect this should work on kit kat too

in setting ui now your google email sych browser options should be there, put on and go in stock browser, open boookmarks tab and it should synch from google account.

Comment

Working...
                              X