No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 Jellybean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great tip...I will play around with it. Thanks!!!!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Just a bit of feedback.

Firm works great. Don't know if it's the possibility of disconnecting de modem, but on KK Mod firm, I had about two freezes per day. I had to hold Power button pressed for a while to recover the device.
      Since I'd installed this firm, no restarts. It reports an uptime of more than 47 hours, having installed and running the same apps.
      Don't know if it's the modem disconnection or what, but for me is a huge improvement in terms of being comfortable with my Pipo.
      It's really annoying to get the tablet for using it and having to reboot it, considering the time it takes, specially when it's loo time...
      About battery consumption, I think KK was a bit better, but not that better to make me prefer it against the reboots.

In brief: More than happy.

Thanks for your work, Riley!

Comment

I'm glad to hear you are having good luck with this JB ROM. While KK has it's advantages...they are still experimental at best. I have good enough luck with KK on all of my tablets, but I don't use them the same way most people do...I'm not a gamer, and the apps I use aren't very CPU intensive. That's why it's sooooo important for you guys to report your daily use experiences so more improvements can be made.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I'm glad to hear you are having good luck with this JB ROM. While KK has it's advantages...they are still experimental at best. I have good enough luck with KK on all of my tablets, but I don't use them the same way most people do...I'm not a gamer, and the apps I use aren't very CPU intensive. That's why it's sooooo important for you guys to report your daily use experiences so more improvements can be made.
          Is your table 3G?

I think that poor wifi plus 3G makes a bad combination in this tablet. Reconnections from wifi to 3G or vice versa must produce the freezes.
          I had also freezes with previous versions of your ROM's and Finless 1.5.
          I think that being able to disconnect the 3G modem makes the difference.
          Now I'm testing Miracast and DLNA with Pipo's X15.

Comment

Sorry for double post, but last one is from yesterday and I consider it already read.

If I change the wallpaper and reboot, sometimes I lost the wallpaper, going the tablet to the default one.
            Is this normal?

I'm using Apex Launcher.

Comment

stuck in twrp

First THANK YOU for all the hard work. I was excited to try this rom and it works beautifully. Just for kicks I rebooted to recovery to see TWRP. Now that's all I get. I figured I'd make a back up but it keeps failing at the mount /sd card. If I re boot it goes back to TWRP. If I do a hard reboot same thing. I would like to get back to how it was befor as I have added some things that Haven't been backed up as of yet. I am kinda new to this . Is there something I'm missing in TWRP?
              Any thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

Read this thread:

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Now i've installed the 2.7 JellyBean Rom. Great work Randy!
                  All my Apps are running well. I'm nearly totally satisfied. Only GPS is weak.
                  Antutu 18666
                  In my setup battery drain is ~ 11% in 16,5 hours, with sim inserted and WiFi On (Always On only when connected) Much better then the KK-Rom.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-26-16-08-09.png
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	433630
                  Deep-sleep is working fine!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-26-16-08-40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	433631

Comment

This is a Jellybean ROM based on an official Pipo firmware dated 4/14/14.

This ROM has all of the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted
                    Debloated
                    Init.d support with Busybox commands
                    English Default
                    Google Play Store fixes
                    Updated Google Apps
                    2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file
                    Auto Install feature added for installing apk files on first boot from external SD
                    TWRP recovery installed on first boot by Abdul_Pt
                    Reboot app by Petrus
                    New boot animation by me
                    Latest revision of the First Time User's Guide
                    Flash Tool by Finless
                    All made with a variation of 900SuperSport's Freaktab Kitchen

Download

Enjoy!!!!!

Please donate to support RileyROM's on Freaktab.

Very great rom
                    But could you make it sending sms ?? (as you done with the 1.8sms) ??

Great work and thank you again.
                    Kamel

Comment

So far, i haven't seen a KK ROM with SMS support. Hopefully that's on Pipo's todo list.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

So far, i haven't seen a KK ROM with SMS support. Hopefully that's on Pipo's todo list.
                        Hi Randy, it's the JB-Version!

Comment

TWRP hang

I love this rom, it's almost perfect. But my problem happened just this morning, TWRP does not work any more.
                          1. first its looping in TWRP recovery, so I did a reflash.
                          2. After flashing, TWRP does not function as it should anymore... my unit hangs on the splash screen of PIPO after punching the button "flash" for the reboot-install.
                          - solved this with a hard reset and removing the ext SD card. But nothing was installed.
                          3. Tried to go to recovery mode, same problem and solution in #2.
                          -I tried to bypass this problem by reflashing multiple times, and even installing the msc.img provided in the TWRP thread and the problem persists.

I can't install Pure Performance X, like I did the first time I installed everything w/ this rom.
                          I have also tried flashify til it was asking for money, and ROM manager... still same problem.

To sum it all up, please help me...
                          Last edited by Jak; 05-05-2014, 09:42. Reason: additional info added
                          M8pro
                          M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Hi Randy,

many thx again for that great rom.

Due that i don't have budget for an airplane ride everyday... i put the the in Flight (airplane) mode then i turn on wifi after to bypass the 3g enable/disable missing option in Ui. now 3g is off and in setting/more.. mobile network tab should be grayed that's mean is really off but on the other side wifi could pass data as usual and baterry life is better but prevent phone call...useless anyway on a m9 pro

An other way is to use a so call 'data enabler widget from the market that i see and should work but have not test.

Also settings/wireles and network/mobile network setting - unchek modem power, uncheck data enabled and uncheck data roaming before putting the tablet in Flight (airplane) mode is a good idea, to be sure...

pipo dev miss something there modem power on/off doesn't work. a good idea would be to dig into the build.prop of stock u8t phablet rom and etc/permission for a .xml missing file in the m9 pro or have to edit and add the proper command line in one of those .xml to rise the mobile network on/off tab in ui or make the already there modem power on/off switch to work.

i was able to bring the wifi-direct ui tab in android 4.1 in the past for a rk3066 q8s cheap tablet that i've try to bring the wifidisplay on it but doesn't work due that missing driver and different api of 4.2 implementation of wifidirect start on 4.2 and above... but the wifi-direct tab was there in porting somes .xml from a sony ericson droid device rom

rom config of google nexus tab should be a good example too or at least for pipo developper as homework

Hummm also i'm not been able to use bt and wifi stable in same time to watch dailymotion or youtube on bt headset without cut and re-buffering the video every 10 second but listen to music with any player work fine. humm will try to listen music on youtube and dailymotion with a pic as background video to see...

Comment

Feature Request

Thanks Riley for the amazing ROM. Hats off to you

May I request you for a few features in your ROM?

Previously, I had also used a M6 Pro and a very useful feature for smooth performance was the ability to change resolution natively in the stock ROM. Is it possible for you to port any such ROM for the M9 Pro having the ability to change resolution? ... a trade off between visual and performance.

I always use an external 3G (CDMA) modem with my M9 Pro 3G with the help of PPP Widget. Is it possible for you to recompile the kernel with these modules inserted at every boot? I am sending links for the modules that needed to be insmod. I know they can be done in init.d... but still a request
                              I guess these drivers namely - usbserial.ko, usb_wwan.ko, options.ko, ppp_async.ko and cdc_acm.ko will make the tablet work with any modems available in the market... a great feature to include in your already feature packed ROMs.

Links for modules :
                              Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Contains drivers for both 3.0.8 and 3.0.36 kernels in zipped in two 7z files containing the drivers as mentioned above.

While using your KITKAT ROM, the problem that i encountered with PPP Widget is that it failed to notify the system about network access. Although the internet got connected, android was unaware of the state of network access. Is there any way to overcome this - any solution?

I hope you can find time to impliment my request. - Thanks

Comment

feature request if 2.8 is release

Don't forget the bookmark sych adapter there pls

Google static dns 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 would be great too

Root explorer app that can easy change permission and owner to root of any sys file would be great also to install and manage app after a fresh flash. And android terminal at least to help users to dmesg a problem with drivers or grab others info

Comment

Working...
                                X