Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxer View Post
    Hey, guys. Did anyone manage to install this rom on a tab which manufacture date is 20130410 or earlier?
    Where does the manufacture date appear?

Comment

On the back cover of your tab. Or inside on the NAND chip, if I'm correct.

Comment

Originally posted by oxer View Post
        On the back cover of your tab. Or inside on the NAND chip, if I'm correct.
        Ahhhh thanks.

Being in a case has that covered. Mine being M8PRON13050160 would be May 1st 2013 then.

Comment

Hi y'all,

I've just registered to post this. First of all thanks for the highly optimised firmware i just flashed to my m8 pro. It does indeed works as it should be working , it's finally flying...

If you are wondering why your benchmark scores are lower -although the tab is blazing fast in responses through menus wich is from this kk version- and overall lower performance is because the cpu freq is capped at 1400mhz. It does not go all the way up to max 1.6 altough every software will show the theoretical range from lowest to 1.6, u get it.

Maybe we can have a fix and even some overclocking versions ?

Ohhhhh and btw it's really a new tablet, fabulous performance, thanks riley for the support!

Comment

I think we had some custom kernels for the JB ROM's, but the kernel patching guys haven't shown any love for the M8 Pro since I put out this KK ROM.

Perhaps a little nudging is in order. There's a thread for that in the main Pipo section:

Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              I think we had some custom kernels for the JB ROM's, but the kernel patching guys haven't shown any love for the M8 Pro since I put out this KK ROM.

Perhaps a little nudging is in order. There's a thread for that in the main Pipo section:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...or-Pipo-models
              I know I am showing ignorance, but the KK ROM I am using from you for my Pro seems perfect.
              What else can be improved upon?
              Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

If someone can post here just the kernel.img from this rom, I will try to help as much as I can.
                Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

BamaPanda, you are mostly right. If it ain't broke...don't fix it pretty much applies here. I go by performance during use. I've never put much stock in benchmarks.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by cshock2010 View Post
                    If someone can post here just the kernel.img from this rom, I will try to help as much as I can.
                    I try the overclockomatic patch, but the max cpu frequency is correctly set to 1608 in the original kernel.

It can be a governor issue.

Comment

Trouble-free flash, but deep sleep issues

Flashed this KK ROM to M8PRO13090238 with no problem following your most excellent directions. Tab is much faster and boots much quicker. I have experienced two instances of tablet not waking up from deep sleep even though Daydream is turned off.

Comment

The deep sleep feature has been one of the biggest headaches to manage. Is your tablet equipped with 3g?
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by grfxguy View Post
                          Flashed this KK ROM to M8PRO13090238 with no problem following your most excellent directions. Tab is much faster and boots much quicker. I have experienced two instances of tablet not waking up from deep sleep even though Daydream is turned off.
                          Had issues with my M8 Pro not waking. Turned out I was not giving it enough time. When it did not start right away, I would press the button again ...and then try to hold it down to force it to start. Pretty sure all I did was mix up the load/re-awaken sequence and make it lock up.

Press the button one time, And don' t rush it. See if that helps.
                          Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Tab is non-3G. Next time this happens, I will try giving it more time after one button push.

Comment

so, deep sleep, or better say, wakeing up from it is still mistery?

Comment

The tablet turns itself off.

I installed the ROM last week and the improvement has been abysmal. But yesterday, the tablet started to restart itself. At any time after starting, (sometimes on startup, others five or ten minutes) the screen freezes with a double image (as 3D images red blue) and after a few seconds shuts off. Any idea?.

I don't know if it is related to the change of ROM, but I am very worried. Do you know if anyone has had this problem?. During the week I've had the ROM I had no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X