Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oibo View Post
    I still don't understand the standby/deep sleep discussion! When I don't use the tab (2-3 hours) I turn it off. I have the 3G version but I never had the deepsleep issue!
    It is a fact and a difference that for example the Pipo M9pro NON 3G ...can be unused for days...and still has power

BUT when you forget to turn off tablet after reading newspaper in bed...the M8 is EMPTY!!

That is not ROm relevant - I know.

BUT it is the normal way of life....if you want to use the tab...it is empty

And others NOT.

Still remains: The Riley Rom makes ist FASTER und BETTER!!!

by the way I use this method (on non 3G tab - to disable Modem) from cracktech (arctablet forum)

First you must edit this line in your build.prop file (/system/buiild.prop) first copy the file out to sdcard anywhere would do then editing on the copied build.prop because I think it will not successfully edit the file build.prop "in-situ" after (due to some rooting problems on our firmware)finishing the editing only then you copy it back to the original location and you MUST SET THE PERMISSION and OWNERSHIP RIGHT (permission rw-r-r / ownership root:root) or your device would not boot up!! CAREFUL!!.
    FIND and EDIT these lines
    ro.com.android.dataroaming=true ( change to = false)
    ril.function.dataonly=1 (change to =0)

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180 (change to 360 double the delay in scanning rate for wifi )
    then ADD these lines to the build.prop (if you are upto it)
    hw.nophone=true
    hw.hasdata=false ( careful if later you want to use a 3/4G dongle you have to change this to= true)

persist.backgrounddata.enable=false
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy=1 (CORRECTED /edited)
    ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

Test to see the battery consumption IF you are still not satisfied then do this next thing;
    Go into /system/priv-app/ rename the Telephone.apk to (.Telephone.apk) put a dot in front the name and TelephoneProvider.apk also. Android will ignore any file with a dot "." in front of its name.
    Since this is your main concern to want to disable modem/telephone ( I have the same model as yours without 3G but my battery last about 4 days in sleep mode only with the build.prop lines, I dont disable the Telephone services apps because sometimes I need to use them.

Comment

I'm curious as to Randy's take on that modification. Could it solve the dead-battery syndrome (even my WiFi only tab has this problem)? If so, can it be incorporated in the the RR for the M8 Pro?

Currently, I charge my tablet every night. I would really like to be able to leave it unused for a couple of days and still have a charge. I know I could just turn it off, but when I want to use it, I usually need it NOW, not in a couple of minutes (my laptop boots faster).

Again, I realize this is a Pipo problem and not related to the RR (love that ROM!), but is the solution within reach?
      Waiting in hope....
      Tablet History:
      Pipo M8 Pro (current)
      NextBook W8.1 (sold)
      Asus TF300 (sold)
      Hyundai A7 (sold)
      Nextbook 7" (sold)

Comment

first, deep sleep problem (afaik) do not have any constant - it is happens absolutely random.

but, battery drain, what papamopps wrote (and he wrote M8, not sure m8 or m8pro) is not so serious problem at all. you need to find screen light is it on max or min or auto. you have to see what background apps are running. is there some internet based program that refreshs every few minutes.

for now, my m8pro used to last 48 hours max, with wifi on all the time, but with just few background processes/apps. and absoultely no need to charge every day/night.

so i really think that tablet should last few days unused and still have some battery for few tasks.

but, this what you wrote "my laptop boots faster", is very strange?!what and how much apps do you have installed that boot time is long?

Comment

Each of those modifications listed seem to make sense to save on battery during sleep.

I personally turn my tablets off when not in use. I know, it's a bad habit...huh... Come on...does the boot process take THAT LONG?

On the Jellybean ROM's I included a modified libril.so file that disabled the 3G service on wifi only devices. This provided significant battery savings on deep sleep, but it hasn't worked on KK ROM's.

One thing you can do is go through you apps in settings and disable all non-essential apps that might be running in the background that would access wifi/3G. You can also turn down your display brightness. On mine, I can go down to almost 50% and not even notice a significant difference in the screen.

Another thing to consider is that the M8 Pro is almost 2 years old. The battery is getting older, and may not have the same behavior now. I've seen this on other older devices....so anything you can do to save on battery demand will prolong the life of the battery.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
            ....but, this what you wrote "my laptop boots faster", is very strange?!what and how much apps do you have installed that boot time is long?
            Even after the new flash of the Kitkat ROM, the boot time was about the same as on stock Jellybean. Granted, this boots faster than a dual-core Allwinner A10 I used to have, but until it can boot in 10 seconds or so, I will be putting it in "standby" instead of completely shutting it down.

My current apps list is still small, as I haven't yet fully loaded everything I used to have on it. I was told the more apps installed, the slower the performance. That said, I was under the impression Kitkat was less resource-hungry/more-efficient than previous OS versions.
            Tablet History:
            Pipo M8 Pro (current)
            NextBook W8.1 (sold)
            Asus TF300 (sold)
            Hyundai A7 (sold)
            Nextbook 7" (sold)

Comment

i really do not know how fast A10 boots up, but after installation of KK on M8P, boot is probably half shorter than JB. now is 50 seconds to desktop, 20 more to load 4 widgets on first screen, but, i can start work with apps (mail, for first), and everything else. boot time with JB was looooooong.

so, 10 secs, is little bit too much. at least for this ram and flash storage speeds. maybe in future! and yes, standby is better, but it is ok for OS itself to be rebooted from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
                first, deep sleep problem (afaik) do not have any constant - it is happens absolutely random.

but, battery drain, what papamopps wrote (and he wrote M8, not sure m8 or m8pro) is not so serious problem at all. you need to find screen light is it on max or min or auto. you have to see what background apps are running. is there some internet based program that refreshs every few minutes.

for now, my m8pro used to last 48 hours max, with wifi on all the time, but with just few background processes/apps. and absoultely no need to charge every day/night.

so i really think that tablet should last few days unused and still have some battery for few tasks.

but, this what you wrote "my laptop boots faster", is very strange?!what and how much apps do you have installed that boot time is long?

As I post in M8 pro section....i have a M8 Pro.

And since windows CE phones none of my phones have been factory.....every time custom rom...to find a good between speed, battery and function.

So I read a lot and try some things to manage.

I do not know as much about android....but there are differences between 3g and non 3g in battery life.

And OF COURSE 1st thing to check is backlight, background processes, start up...AND the main point....realy KILL apps.

On my htc i can select the "back" softbutton to kill a process...is it possible to do on pipo tablets also? To remap the buttons...

For now i use es taskmanager to kill background processes BEFOR switching to standby.

And as I can say....m9 non 3g last 4day with power.

But great rom.

Comment

Anyone else with m8 max pro showing 1gb ram only, instead of 2gb??
                  CPU / RAM / DEVICE Identifier app says 2gb, but only 1gb available??

Comment

Re: Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Originally posted by stillsomber View Post
                    Anyone else with m8 max pro showing 1gb ram only, instead of 2gb??
                    CPU / RAM / DEVICE Identifier app says 2gb, but only 1gb available??
                    Checking in Apps under settings I see 1.3GB of RAM used, so no issue here with less memory available.

Sent from my M8pro

Comment

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
                      It is a fact and a difference that for example the Pipo M9pro NON 3G ...can be unused for days...and still has power

[...]

by the way I use this method (on non 3G tab - to disable Modem) from cracktech (arctablet forum)
                      Thank you papamopps for mentioning that method to increase standby time. It works great, standby battery use is at a minimum. Can you give the direct reference to the thread on arctablet forum, as I cannot find it. Thanks.

(By the way it is not my intention to start a discussion on the merits of a long standby time. Everyone their own.) : -)

Sent from my M8pro

Comment

Originally posted by lucien View Post
                        Thank you papamopps for mentioning that method to increase standby time. It works great, standby battery use is at a minimum. Can you give the direct reference to the thread on arctablet forum, as I cannot find it. Thanks.

(By the way it is not my intention to start a discussion on the merits of a long standby time. Everyone their own.) : -)

Sent from my M8pro

The first post on site 5.... Cracktech.

For me is not such a big difference.

Maybe I missed one line

Comment

Originally posted by Tybalt39 View Post
                          I'm curious as to Randy's take on that modification. Could it solve the dead-battery syndrome (even my WiFi only tab has this problem)? If so, can it be incorporated in the the RR for the M8 Pro?

Currently, I charge my tablet every night. I would really like to be able to leave it unused for a couple of days and still have a charge. I know I could just turn it off, but when I want to use it, I usually need it NOW, not in a couple of minutes (my laptop boots faster).

Again, I realize this is a Pipo problem and not related to the RR (love that ROM!), but is the solution within reach?
                          Waiting in hope....
                          i had had thought I had escaped this, but it is looking as if my M8 Pro is starting to experience batt issues as well. Also it seems to have lost it's ability to sleep at all.
                          It is getting a bit long in the tooth, making me wonder if it relates to hardware/build quality. Prior to this I thought it was software related (NOT your rom, RR), but now am beginning to wonder.

Oh, well. There is a Talk 9X on the way. That will give me some leeway to experiment with the Pro.

Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...page-5/#p43335

The first post on site 5.... Cracktech.

For me is not such a big difference.

Maybe I missed one line
                            Thanks. 6 hours after charging and still on 100%. Seems too good to be true. So I want to check any similar experiences in the original thread. I use greenify already a while, by the way. That saves some battery.

Sent from my M8pro

Comment

Originally posted by lucien View Post
                              Thanks. 6 hours after charging and still on 100%. Seems too good to be true. So I want to check any similar experiences in the original thread. I use greenify already a while, by the way. That saves some battery.

Sent from my M8pro
                              For me battery drops like before...

What did I do wrong?

I modified rhe build.prop on M9 and M9Max and have 5days standby....

But on M8pro I only get 15h.

Why do these lines work for you. But not for me?

Is there any way to delete batterystats? Like wipe dalvik cache on HTC?

Comment

Batterystats

For me battery drops like before...

What did I do wrong?

I modified rhe build.prop on M9 and M9Max and have 5days standby....

But on M8pro I only get 15h.

Why do these lines work for you. But not for me?

Is there any way to delete batterystats? Like wipe dalvik cache on HTC?

Deleting the batterystats is of no use! Every full-charge will do it for you.
                                Explanation: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10505198...ts/FV3LVtdVxPT

Comment

Working...
                                X