X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
    For me battery drops like before...

What did I do wrong?

I modified rhe build.prop on M9 and M9Max and have 5days standby....

But on M8pro I only get 15h.

Why do these lines work for you. But not for me?

Is there any way to delete batterystats? Like wipe dalvik cache on HTC?
    Sorry for the late reply. I also switch to airplane mode and then switch wifi on (again). Two days ago I suddenly experienced problems with the tablet appearing off, but in stats as fully awake, so draining within hours (the dead battery issue). Rebooting did not help, but then I switched off the option optimize battery use while on wifi. After that no issues and back to the good standby times.

I have long suspected the tablet issue of not responding, to be hardware related and in my case to do with the wifi. Also I noted that one has to be very careful with battery optimizer apps. That gave me problems on different roms, except Greenify, which I use already for ages.

Whether this works for you, I do not know. Trial and error, I guess. There seem to be hardware and build variations.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by lucien View Post
      Sorry for the late reply. I also switch to airplane mode and then switch wifi on (again). Two days ago I suddenly experienced problems with the tablet appearing off, but in stats as fully awake, so draining within hours (the dead battery issue). Rebooting did not help, but then I switched off the option optimize battery use while on wifi. After that no issues and back to the good standby times.

I have long suspected the tablet issue of not responding, to be hardware related and in my case to do with the wifi. Also I noted that one has to be very careful with battery optimizer apps. That gave me problems on different roms, except Greenify, which I use already for ages.

Whether this works for you, I do not know. Trial and error, I guess. There seem to be hardware and build variations.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
      Thanks!!!!!

Now i have SLEEPMODE........or something like that.

The script and your trick with not optimizing wifif did it.

14h and still 70% looking forward

Thanks!

I just use my mobile as wifo hotspot.

Comment

3days and still 30%

Now I love my Pipo M8pro with disabled 3g!!!!!

Thanks!

Comment

papamopps, did you disable 3G on 3G model, or non-3g model? (mobile network, red line on battery stats).
          can you wrote exact process what you did, because tutorial on link few posts above, didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
            papamopps, did you disable 3G on 3G model, or non-3g model? (mobile network, red line on battery stats).
            can you wrote exact process what you did, because tutorial on link few posts above, didn't work for me.

Yes I did on Pipo M8pro 3G!!!

First insert the lines i have posted to the build.pro (as cracktech postet in Arcforum)

First you must edit this line in your build.prop file (/system/buiild.prop) first copy the file out to sdcard anywhere would do then editing on the copied build.prop because I think it will not successfully edit the file build.prop "in-situ" after (due to some rooting problems on our firmware)finishing the editing only then you copy it back to the original location and you MUST SET THE PERMISSION and OWNERSHIP RIGHT (permission rw-r-r / ownership root:root) or your device would not boot up!! CAREFUL!!.
            FIND and EDIT these lines
            ro.com.android.dataroaming=true ( change to = false)
            ril.function.dataonly=1 (change to =0)

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180 (change to 360 double the delay in scanning rate for wifi )
            then ADD these lines to the build.prop (if you are upto it)
            hw.nophone=true
            hw.hasdata=false ( careful if later you want to use a 3/4G dongle you have to change this to= true)

persist.backgrounddata.enable=false
            pm.sleep_mode=1
            ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy=1 (CORRECTED /edited)
            ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true

Test to see the battery consumption IF you are still not satisfied then do this next thing;
            Go into /system/priv-app/ rename the Telephone.apk to (.Telephone.apk) put a dot in front the name and TelephoneProvider.apk also. Android will ignore any file with a dot "." in front of its name.
            Since this is your main concern to want to disable modem/telephone ( I have the same model as yours without 3G but my battery last about 4 days in sleep mode only with the build.prop lines, I dont disable the Telephone services apps because sometimes I need to use them.
            then disable in settings-wlan-"optimize wlan while on battery

this did the trick for me....

Comment

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
              Yes I did on Pipo M8pro 3G!!!
              First insert the lines i have posted to the build.pro (as cracktech postet in Arcforum)
              then disable in settings-wlan-"optimize wlan while on battery
              this did the trick for me....
              hm... i did exactly as it is written, and no success. with one differnce, without those build.prop tweaks, for me, "optimize wlan while on battery" gives me almost hour and half when IS checked. so, i really do not know what to think - everyone has different success with same tweak.

Comment

Hi, Riley. Do you plan on releasing further versions of this rom?

Comment

Firmware development for this tablet has stopped. I'm waiting on a promised kernel source release. If and when I get it we may have more updates.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

OK guys, I've done one more update for this ROM. It's version 2.2.1.

I activated Multi-User completely so you don't have to run Xposed Framework.

I updated the downloadui.apk with the one posted by stevejc.

I made changes in the build.prop...also posted above, to provide some battery savings during sleep.

Watch post #1 for the update as soon as it's uploaded.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

thx riley!

Comment

first - thank you a lot for your effort!!

second - is problem with deep sleep solved or still remain enigma?

Comment

That question is yet to be answered by users. Some people have had good luck with these changes...and others have not. But it doesn't hurt to try.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

yes, that's why i'll wait for a couple of days. esspecially because i'm not sure will new fw erase all apps and settings. when i remember all apps, mail accs and all other passwords and log-ins that need to be setted after fw update.

thanks!

viki

Comment

Hi, are there differents between the 2.0a and 2.2?
                              i ask because i have fear to brick my tablet.

Comment

Yes. As post #1 clearly says, this is the first (and only) KitKat ROM for the M8 Pro. Previous ROM's were Jellybean. There are links to some other threads with information on how to unbrick your tablet if you did not flash the boot loader with the ROM as discussed in all of the KitKat ROM's.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X