Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

^ I have Pipo with one NAND module, same as you (same date) and your KK works like a charm for months. I am really very satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by owim View Post
      ^ I have Pipo with one NAND module, same as you (same date) and your KK works like a charm for months. I am really very satisfied.

I will try it on my second unit

Chris

Comment

Hi, i am realy VERY VERY HAPPY whith KK, it's run so quickly, Thanks for this exellent work.
        I have only a question what must i do for put only 2 gb for app and not 4? Thanks.

Comment

In the ROM kit...look in the RileyROM folder. You should have multiple parameter files to choose from.

I can't remember what the stock parameter was set to, but there should be a 2gb parameter file. Select the desired parameter# file before flashing and you will get the user app space chosen.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            In the ROM kit...look in the RileyROM folder. You should have multiple parameter files to choose from.

I can't remember what the stock parameter was set to, but there should be a 2gb parameter file. Select the desired parameter# file before flashing and you will get the user app space chosen.
            Thanks!!!! I really love this rom. Now my table is great!!! And so so fluid!!!!

Comment

Dear rrileypm, i really want to try to rooted my pipo m8 pro wifi only , my tablet is kitkat version but not rooted, is it need to flasing with your rom ? and i just beginner to start it . about yous said need to idb erase , and step to flashing . could you kindly to tell me how to start it with step by step . i'm very greatful if you do that .many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scno View Post
                Dear rrileypm, i really want to try to rooted my pipo m8 pro wifi only , my tablet is kitkat version but not rooted, is it need to flasing with your rom ? and i just beginner to start it . about yous said need to idb erase , and step to flashing . could you kindly to tell me how to start it with step by step . i'm very greatful if you do that .many thanks
                Download the RileyROM 2.2.1 and you'll find the "First Time User Guide_rev9"

Comment

Dear Riley , i tried the rom 2.2.1 with sucessfully , just one thing have problem ebook always force to close , and ASTRO file manager when using to move /copy file has occured problem " pop up message , Oops, ....bla bla can't move/copy file , overall is good . thank you so much . i'm really pleasant to follow your next rom . ( to oibo , thanksfor your reply . because you i really understand to start flashing .)

Comment

I'm afraid that this is the last ROM for the M8 Pro...as far as I know. The other RK3188 sources we have don't include options for the 9.4" screen/touch panel.

Since you are rooted, you can use a rooted file manager like ESFileManager or Xplore to cut and paste the ebook reader app out of the system...then install an alternative ebook reader app.

There must be an incompatibility with the Astro file manager app with this ROM.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

RRiley thanks alot. really hope u still develop next rom. , btw i look in youtbe pipo m8 pro should be multi window features , but i'm curious to know how to do that ?

Comment

Multi-Window was a short lived feature in Jellybean. When KitKat came out, the feature was left out....I don't know why. To me, it wasn't very useful...but some users really liked it.

My M8 Pro was one of the early ones that can't take advantage of running KitKat. Each time I flash my ROM...it bricks my tablet.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

RRiley , i found a little prob using Xplore to copy file from SD internal (nand flash) to External . but if copy from sd external to sd internal (nandflash ) it works ! , i wonder why can't copy to external Sd/usb ?

Comment

That's the first I've heard on a problem with writing to external SD. I know you like Xplore...I do too...but I've found that sometimes you need to use the stock file explorer app to copy some files. You might try that and see.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

hi did we ever get a 1 nand chip / early version of kit kat for the M8pro?

Comment

Nope. Every time I tried flashing a KitKat ROM on my early version...it bricked my tablet.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X