No announcement yet.

Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apropos external SD, i't stopped "losing itself", after i returned OS to factory settings. it is not tampered with file system, because, it is same SD card which i'm using whole time with pipo. for NOW, it is solved.

so, launcher3 is basic. OK, thank you! now i do not need to break my head with trying to find settings!
    i instaled ADWlauncher. so, that is solved in mean time, also.

for now, i do not need to re-flash rom with older version. it seems that this is ok rom, stabile, fast. but, i do not using it whole day. i have to take some time and see how it deals with battery.

but, CWM vs TWRP, i'm not sattisfied at all. yes, i tryed to flash some generic CWM for RK3188, but it failed both times - first time via "update.zip", and second time via your's flasher - i only checked recovery, it even showed that whole process went OK, but, no change. TWRP is still here.
    look, do not get me wrong - this is ok, but, i'm more familiar with CWM, and TWRP (i use to use some old version on my acer tablet) is ok, but it is very, very slow. at least at my pipo. if i select "wipe", for example, it needs maybe half minute to respond. same thing when i try to update it with "update.zip" - over a minute to respond, and after respond, again, wait for next respond. so, it is not so big problem with usage, than with funkcionality. i do not know do other user have same expirience or i'm alone. but, only good thing is that i do not using it often.
    but, still, i'm vaiting for some funkcional CWM. oh, yes, i tryed to use yours recovery.img from 2.1.2.

thanks for infos!

viki

Comment

Hi,

I used the rom that made by the russian guy, it has CWM on it. I have used it on my M8 PRO to make a backup before I installed this RileyROM one.

So far so good.

I will upload the CWM soon

SO here is it : CWMrecoveryKK.img

It comes with working touch screen.

Comment

WOW steve! you're save my nervs!!!!

as you said, it works, and that is all what is relevant!

many thanks!

viki

Comment

Working great. However, can I confirm this to be compatible with the 3g device? My tablet is not able to detect any mobile networks. APN list is empty and I could not save any apns into the device. Tried restarting after saving but yet the apn list is still empty.

Comment

Hello All

The download seems to be currupt.

Can someone give me a link to a working download?

thanks

Comment

stuck in Nand loop

Hi all. I need some help here, I seem to have bricked my tablet in a unusual way.

After reading all instructions and understanding them I flashed kit kat on my M8 pro.

What happens now is the tablet seems stuck in a loop. Black screen.

When plugged into my PC ( the one I use for regular flashing ) i can here it connect, then after a variable amount of time it dissconnects and re connects.

It is always in RK android loader Rock mode or Greem box mode.

My main board is RK3188_P940H_V1.1 2013-03-21

Shorting the NAND pins doesnt exactly help. Sometime ( like 1 in 100 ) it goes into Mask mode / blue box mode but still keeps disconnecting and re connecting.

I cant erase IDB or flash ( stuck in a loop )

Can any one give me a hand or advice - i dont know why i cant consistantly get into Mask mode - can someone help with this?

Thanks

[QUOTE=mrsaccess;169522]Unfortunately this ROM bricks my M8 Pro. I think the loader is incompatible with my tablet.

I opened the board in order to unbrick the tablet (thanks for the guide btw) and it writes RK3188_P940H_V1.1 2013-03-21. I mention it for reference.

The only way to unbrick is to restore the 2.1 ROM from MaskMode. Every time I erase IDB and flash the KitKat loader (2.10) the tablet seems to can't properly access the NAND memory and gets bricked.
              I tested other versions of the loader (2.3, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.13) but none worked.

-----------
              Update
              seconds after writing this i got it out of the loop
              Last edited by chrisbowen; 05-01-2014, 10:14. Reason: UPdate

Comment

Riley-Rom 2.2 (KitKat)

Originally posted by chrisbowen View Post
                Hello All

The download seems to be currupt.

Can someone give me a link to a working download?

thanks

I uploaded it on uploaded.to

The link: http://ul.to/i8fk38pm

Comment

I just verified the ROM link is good.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    I just verified the ROM link is good.

Thanks for your help.

There must be somethng wrong my end every time i download the zip file it wont unzip - I get errors trying to unzip.

Any ideas?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbowen View Post
                      Thanks for your help.

There must be somethng wrong my end every time i download the zip file it wont unzip - I get errors trying to unzip.

Any ideas?

thanks

I packed the files as self extracting, solid rar archive with recovery data!
                      Just click on the exe file!
                      The md5 check sum is: 749571147eaf459cad36f80b0c27bfbb

The link: http://ul.to/0ptqcea5

I hope it will help You.

Comment

Deep Sleep on M8Pro 3G

If you have a M8Pro 3G and are able to get it to enter deep sleep when using KitKat (but not with the known patch that disables the 3G modem as I need to be able to continue using the 3G) please tell me how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by pan2fire View Post
                          If you have a M8Pro 3G and are able to get it to enter deep sleep when using KitKat (but not with the known patch that disables the 3G modem as I need to be able to continue using the 3G) please tell me how to do it.

I also woild like gow to disable modem 3G....and also to reanable it.

How can i patch it to enter deepsleep?

Or is it equal with KK....

Comment

I'm going to have to think of a good solution for that. Right now...its all 3G or nothing with regard to deep sleep.

I'm sure there is a way to write a script that can change the libril file...but still you don't have deep sleep with 3G running.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

hello!
                              me again with some strange problem.

after update to KK, i'm expiriencing some strange "hibernation state", or like in upper posts is written "deep sleep" state. they are happening with no special reason. and no rule when it happen. only thing that brings tablet back is reset pin and power button. in that case, boot is significantly faster comparing to normal boot time.

that was NEVER happened with 4.2. so, i presume there is something with software or some setting different than JB.

so, does somebody else have this problem, or can it be solved with some third party app?

many thanks in advance!

viki

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                I'm going to have to think of a good solution for that. Right now...its all 3G or nothing with regard to deep sleep.

I'm sure there is a way to write a script that can change the libril file...but still you don't have deep sleep with 3G running.

At the Moment i USS nobars APP and flightmode with WLAN enbled.....with this tweak i habe 12h standby.....with 3h display and WLAN on.

Comment

Working...
                                X