Pipo M8 Pro RileyROM 2.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    I'm sure there is a way to write a script that can change the libril file...but still you don't have deep sleep with 3G running.
    You are correct. A script or an app could perhaps swap the libril file on the run, but since that library is loaded into memory when a sim card is present at boot time, I think that won't change the behaviour of the tablet. The tablet still will not enter deep sleep without rebooting.

I may be wrong, but I think the only way is for someone to fix the library code itself. Since this is a major hassle with the Pipo 3G tablets and it has remained there through several models, I don't hold my breath.

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
    I also woild like gow to disable modem 3G....and also to reanable it.

How can i patch it to enter deepsleep?
    papamopps, airplane mode in KK appears superficially to disable the 3G modem, but still the tablet will not enter into deep sleep mode and it still uses a lot more power than a tablet in deep sleep.

The patch consists in swapping the libril.so (Radio Interface Library) file for another, then rebooting in order to enable deep sleep, but that then disables 3G, so you'd have to swap back the files then reboot to restore 3G and disable deep sleep. This is useless.

People who purchase 3G tablets tend to use their tablets on the go. This is the situation where you most need to conserve power during interruptions. However, because of that bug you have to turn off the tablet altogether during those interruptions to save power and later reboot to resume work. This itself uses a lot of power.

For this reason it could be said that until the bug is fixed, if you use 3G a lot, it may be wiser to select other brands than Pipo that don't have that problem with 3G tablets.
    Last edited by pan2fire; 05-03-2014, 01:46.

Comment

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
      At the Moment i USS nobars APP and flightmode with WLAN enbled.....with this tweak i habe 12h standby.....with 3h display and WLAN on.
      10 to 12 hours is indeed what you can get from 100% charge with the screen off and modem off (airplane mode in KK).
      However one can very much improve power usage with screen and wifi on (or even with 3G on) by using a combination of the applications: Greenify (that hibernates applications that are not actively used) and App Quarantine (that prevents rarely used applications from starting altogether and therefore gives a shorter boot time).

With KK you can have airplane mode on and wifi on at the same time (turn airplane mode on, which turns off both 3G and wifi, then turn wifi back on) which should already give you more time when you do not use 3G.
      Last edited by pan2fire; 05-03-2014, 01:50.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I tried flashing from RileyROM 2.1.2 to current RileyROM 2.2 Kitkat and i had encountered some problems.

I was able to reboot to flash mode but couldn't pass through Erase NAND / Flash ROM.. i am stucked with the same errors even i tried to revert back the previous ROM:

I am unsure whether if the tablet is bricked or not. Currently the driver only can be detected when i hold onto the power button with the flash tool open.. but keep encounter the same errors.. pls assist me

Comment

Flashing ROM

Originally posted by mryeo View Post
          Hi Guys,

I tried flashing from RileyROM 2.1.2 to current RileyROM 2.2 Kitkat and i had encountered some problems.

I was able to reboot to flash mode but couldn't pass through Erase NAND / Flash ROM.. i am stucked with the same errors even i tried to revert back the previous ROM:

I am unsure whether if the tablet is bricked or not. Currently the driver only can be detected when i hold onto the power button with the flash tool open.. but keep encounter the same errors.. pls assist me

As the program tells You it didn't find your device (No Found RKAndroid rock usb). Follow the detailled "First Time User Guide_rev9" step by step then You will succeed in flashing

Comment

Nope it found.. the screenshot was taken during when i released the power button.

Comment

Nope it found.. the screenshot was taken during when i released the power button.
              To add-on, i realise the count keep on recounting while i hold onto the power button during the flashing and this seems never ending.. i hope my tablet is not dead just like that...

Comment

It looks to me that you are having a USB connection problem. Try a different cable. If that doesn't work...try a different PC.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

To add-on, i realise the count keep on recounting while i hold onto the power button during the flashing and this seems never ending.. i hope my tablet is not dead just like that...
                  Hi I had the same problem. It wasn't my cable or USB. The only way I could fix it was to short the NAND chi get into mask mode then re flash JB.

i think I am doing something wrong with the kit Kat rom, but I can't work out what.

in the past I've flashed several tabs many times but I can't flash this Kk rom. I can't even unzip it

i am am happy with JB for now so I will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbowen View Post
                    Hi I had the same problem. It wasn't my cable or USB. The only way I could fix it was to short the NAND chi get into mask mode then re flash JB.

i think I am doing something wrong with the kit Kat rom, but I can't work out what.

in the past I've flashed several tabs many times but I can't flash this Kk rom. I can't even unzip it

i am am happy with JB for now so I will wait.

You can't extract the selfextracting archive which I filed under reply 25?

Comment

Just had to do it!

Well ...I just had to go and do it! Load this Kitkat rom ..that is.

And I am glad I did. Smooth as silk ....no issues in loading at all.

Talk about minimalism ...this is a really basic build. Perfect! I can build onto it what I like.

Double kudos to Randy Riley. Thanks.

Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Cool...thanks for the feedback!!!!!

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Question.

With the prior JB rom, I would boot to recovery and wipe the delvic cache using CWM. With this new KK ROM, I boot into recovery ...there is no delvic wipe alone, but a wipe of way more ...including delvic.

Should I use this feature to wipe the delvic with the data and all that it wipes.

My understanding was it was good to wipe the delvic after a new rom install ...just not familiar with this approach.

Thanks
                          Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

I personally don't wipe anything unless I am trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Great Rom

I just flashed it the Riley way, and it runs like a charm, using ART.

Great Job.

Comment

!!!!!!
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X