Pipo U8T RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo U8T RileyROM 1.1

This ROM is for the Pipo U8T tablet only...NOT THE U8!!!!!!!!!!

This ROM is based on the official Pipo Android 4.2.2 firmware dated 4/11/2014.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    Busybox Support
    English Default
    2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Multiple ko modules for VPN and other networking support added
    Boot Animation by me
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide
    Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Also, this ROM contains the auto install feature, for installing apk files on the first boot. See this Thread for details on auto install. LINK

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

day released?

I consider to try a rom flashing for the first time. I just bought the u8t and I found it overbloated (plus some minor problems with speaker in skype). But is this really based on the last official pipo rom? Because in pipo site it says as release date April 16 2014... http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Pr...&type=2&id=305

Comment

I go by the date the firmware is written. That's what appears in the filename and in the build.prop.

Sometimes, a firmware is created and distributed via tech support long before it is ever posted/released on their web site.

In fact, the link you provided is to a newer version than what I have. Looks like I'll be making a new ROM in the next couple of days.

If you decide to flash this ROM, let me know how it goes.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

maybe wait a little more

thanks for the quick answer, if that is the case then maybe i will wait a couple of days too. When i finally do it, sure i tell my impressions

Comment

help!!!!!!!

i erase the nand (idb) and the log says ok. Now I am pressing flash rom and a message appear "MSC device can't do upgrade", either with the loader check or unchek. The drivers installed ok as you describe in previeus step in the guide. What do i have to do?

Edided: OK i found that the driver disappear after i erase idb, and I have to push again "Reboot to flash mode" so pc communicate again with tablet. Then the "flash rom" works ok!!!! Now I am looking the result
          Last edited by dimig; 05-06-2014, 11:00.

Comment

Sometimes there is a delay in reconnecting after the erase IDB.

Keep us posted!!!!!
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

definitely faster!!!

I am writing this from my tablet. Obviously debloaded rom. The tablet was fast before but now faster, the improovmet in speed is big. ESpecialy in browser,loading heavy pages YouTube etc. Also some problem with the loud speaker in phonecalls (sometimes didn't work before) now seems fixed. Skype continue to have bags. Very positive impressions so far for the ROM, thanks a lot
              I will continue testing and feedback and not only about the ROM but for the tablet itself. One question for now: I don't undestad what's the space used for apps means. Is something like make / and /home partitions in Linux? And how can I change these sizes? After the ROM installed and reboot the internal storage -the root partion in Linux?- is 4 giga And nand flash -the home partition?- is 10 giga. Can I change that?

Comment

Apps are installed in the userdata partition. The default in my ROM is 4gb (which is really plenty of room for most people). You can change this by flashing the ROM using the optional parameter files included in the RileyROM folder of the ROM kit. The limitation is the size of the overall NAND flash memory. For instance, if you have a 16gb NAND chip...you can flash up to 12gb user app space, but that only leaves 4gb for the system (about 1gb) and the internal SD (about 3gb). It's hard for me to imagine that someone needs that much space for their apps...because it's only for apps...the data is usually saved on the internal SD space. I personally think that 4gb is enough.

Keep in mind that increasing the user app space, decreases the amount of internal SD card space...that's where the extra space is taken from.

If you want to change the size of the user app space, you must erase IDB and flash the whole ROM again.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

re

Thanks for the answer. I agge with you, in fact I asked this because I wanted to reduce the size of this partition to 2 giga. I don't want more sparse because I don't use games hungry for space

Comment

My ROM has a 2g parameter file you can use to flash the ROM. Just select it instead of the default 4g parameter.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

may i jump into theme, and ask one thing. is it finally discovered what is real difference between U8T and U8? all what i can find is that "T" model has voice function. and difference in price - "T" model is about 20€ more expensive.

i'm not asking about firmware compatibility (like 3G and non-3G version firmware for m8pro-single file, for example), but just hardware differences and maybe "T" model hiding some unwanted surprises?

thanks!

viki

Comment

Hola Sr. Randy, he puesto la nueva actualización de la rom 1.1 y la pantalla se pone toda negra, no se ve nada. si que funciona por que vibra al tocar los botones y la pantalla, me pasa lo mismo que con la última rom de Pipo, también se pone negra la pantalla. tengo que volver a su rom 1.0. Eñ problema que tengo es que no me reconoce el operador del teléfono en la 1.0. Podría cambiar la baseband en la 1.0? o cómo solucionar lo de la pantalla en negro?. Pon go el mensaje traducido con Google ya que no se ingles, disculpe las molestias. Muchas gracias, un saludo José Luis

Hello Mr. Randy, I have put the new rom update 1.1 and the screen gets all black, can not see anything. if that works by vibrating when touching the buttons and the screen, I feel the same with the last rom Pipo, also the screen goes black. I have to go back to your rom 1.0. In problem I have is that I do not recognize the phone operator in 1.0. It may change the baseband in 1.0? or how to fix the black screen on?. Go Put the Google translated English as it is not, post sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you very much, greetings José Luis

Comment

I'm kind of at the mercy of how the stock firmware is configured. You might try flashing the 1.1 with the kernel from 1.0 and see if that's better.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Perdón por tarda en responder, he flaseado como dice usted con la versión 1.0 con el kernel de la 1.1 y si que arranca y funciona pero la pantalla esta en negro no se ve nada. Luego he estado haciendo varias pruebas y siempre me ha salido la pantalla negra. Lo único que me ha funcionado es flasear con la Rileyrom 1.0, o flasear con la Rileyrom 1.1 con el kernel de la 1.0, pero así no me cambia la baseband y sigo sin poder conectar con internet.
                            Por lo que deduzco que el problema esta en el kernel.
                            Tiene alguna sugerencia de como puedo cambiar la baseband?. Muchas gracias por su tiempo y ayuda, un saludo

Comment

Is there any way for you to change the baseband on your router? It could be that the hardware isn't compatible with those frequencies. I've had to do it before on some of the older models.

If you are talking about 3G baseband, read the specs...again, the correct frequencies may not be supported. I know they aren't in the United States.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X