Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pipo u8t problem only me.

hi people!
    I recently purchased a tablet pipo u8t .
    My problem with it is that the user interface is very slow, is not so smooth.
    I have my rk3066 tablet CPUs and I used the Chuwi V88 (CPU rk3188)
    and both are much smoother!
    Please write unto you what is your opinion?
    AnTuTu score based on all right, but something is not good!
    Send it back under warranty? or wait for the new rom? I do not know

I have not read anywhere that the users would be such a problem.
    I'm not good at English, the translations in the google translator helped me so look for errors.

Thanks!

Chris!

Comment

No Kitkat for Pipo Ultra U8T

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      This ROM is for the Pipo U8T tablet only...NOT THE U8!!!!!!!!!!

This ROM is based on the official Pipo Android 4.2.2 firmware dated 4/11/2014.

This ROM is:

Rooted
      Debloated
      Init.d Support
      Busybox Support
      English Default
      2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
      Multiple ko modules for VPN and other networking support added
      Boot Animation by me
      Reboot app by Petrus
      Updated First Time User's Guide
      Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Also, this ROM contains the auto install feature, for installing apk files on the first boot. See this Thread for details on auto install. LINK

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
      Donate!!!
      First of all allow me to thank you and Freaktab for your work and commitment to the Android community!

Now, i just received notice from Pipo that the U8T will not get Kitkat update!
      First they said that it will, now they say that it won't... Go figure...
      My question is, do you think that it's possible to port the 4.4.2 firmware from the U8 to the U8T maintaining the 3G/phone calling functions of the U8T? Spec wise, they are identical!

Thank you in advance
      BR
      Mister E

Comment

I've never tried it...but I'm pretty sure it won't. While there is a 3g version of the U8, the radio components are different. The KK U8 ROM doesn't contain the capability of placing phone calls...no dialer app or the other dependencies. That may be the reason Pipo isn't developing KK for the U8T. Or they tried and failed to make it work.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

That's what i thought.

So, basically we're stuck on jelly! How nice!

Thanks anyway

Comment

If anyone wants to try it, you must understand the risks involved.

First of all, there is no U8T KitKat kernel available...so things like display, touch screen, wifi, 3G and Bluetooth may not work with the U8 kernel.

Second, you must flash the KitKat loader.bin file in order to run the U8 firmware. If there is a problem with the loader, you will have a brick on your hands...and you will have to open the tablet and get into mask mode by shorting pins on the NAND chip to unbrick it.

If the tablet boots with the KK ROM, then you need to make note of what works and what doesn't. Sometimes elements from one ROM can be ported to another ROM...but again, we have no KK sources for the U8T to draw from.

So, again...personally...I wouldn't attempt it. It would be an unsolvable puzzle.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Help me out

I have a pipo u8t with these problems:
              1. It won't read service messages like checking my account or data balance from my service provider. Rather, it would brings out codes in response to my dialed request.

2. It is not connecting with my hotspot ( I use blackberry Q5 to provide wifi for it). The wifi hotspot operates on wifi 802.11b/g/n. Whereas it connects with wifi of wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n

3. I need a step-to-step rules on how to update my firmware/ROM

Your timely response would be appreciated. Thanks
              Last edited by harnun; 07-08-2014, 07:47.

Comment

Hi harnun.
                1. I have the exact same problem! Don't think there's a fix for that!
                2. Blackberry hmm... Sometimes I use my lg as an hotspot and I don't have any kind of problems... I suggest try checking your connection settings on both devices.
                3. Pipo.cn on the support section you have a step-by-step guide on how to update your firmware.

No KitKat for us!!! How about that?!

Comment

new firmware

20140505_DS7903_U8T_pcb_#626.img

good work GPS & 3G, but not for all hardware revision and wrong build.prop

Comment

So, you want me to make a ROM with this?

How do we know which PCB devices this will work on?

What needs to be changed in the build.prop?
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Thanks fo your job!

Hi!
                      Please forgive my English.
                      This firmware received in the mail a participant with Russian forum 4pda.ru. On earlier versions PCB firmware works not stable and requires replacement on the kernel previous version. On my device, received in July, firmware works good. The problem with build.prop that Google play does not recognize the presence in tablet rear camera, GPS and does not allow appropriate application.

Comment

OK, I have downloaded it, and will make a ROM with it.

I'm not sure I can fix the GPS/Camera problems, but I will look at it.

For older PCB's you may have to use the kernel from this ROM.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Here is v1.2 from the firmware posted above:

Download
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Thanks fo your job!
                            In Riley Rom 1.2 not working home button and the top panel icons

Comment

Working...
                            X