This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 3.1 KitKat

CAUTION: This IS a KitKat ROM...so do your homework on flashing KitKat ROM's before you get started.

This ROM is based on official Pipo firmware that I ported from the M9 Pro dated 5/4/14 from the official Pipo site. There may be a little difference between the 3.0 and 3.1 ROM's, but I really doubt it. The M9 Pro update changed the kernel...which I'm not using in the M7 Pro versions. This ROM still contains the most recent M7 Pro KK kernel I've included in the 2.7 and 2.8 ROM's. I only hope that eventually, Pipo will put out a full fledged KK version for the M7 Pro, but I'm at least able to port their M9 Pro updates for now.

If you decide to try 3.1, feel free to comment on this thread...instead of the 3.0 thread so it doesn't confuse everybody.

This ROM has all of the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d support with Busybox commands
    English Default
    Google Play Store fixes
    Updated Google Apps
    2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file
    Auto Install feature added for installing apk files on first boot from external SD
    TWRP recovery installed on first boot by Abdul_Pt
    Reboot app by Petrus
    New boot animation by me
    Latest revision of the First Time User's Guide
    Flash Tool by Finless
    All made with a variation of 900SuperSport's Freaktab Kitchen

Download

Please donate to support RileyROM's on Freaktab.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

What is the difference from RileyRom 3.0?

I flashed 3.0 this morning, what are the differences between the two?

Comment

Pipo Released New Firmware for M7 Pro Today 5/26/2014

Was just at Pipo site and they just released Firmware upgrade today. Here is a link to it: http://pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=About&...an_show&id=188

Comment

I will check to see if it's KK or JB. They don't say in the file name.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

That's a JB firmware.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by georgeburke View Post
            I flashed 3.0 this morning, what are the differences between the two?
            Chances are....there's no difference....just covering the bases.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Overclocking

Good day Riley, I have asked a good friend to overclock the kernel.img of the previous RR 2.7 for M9pro... and this app from playstore showed that my processor does not allow 1700mhz of clock speed would there a work around for this?

Sometimes its disappointing since Pipo M7pro user were able to get a clock speed of 1700mhz even they almost have identical hardware with the m9pro...

With this idea im thinking that it would increase our antutu benchmark and get a stable performance.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Did you mean to type M7 Pro in the first sentence? You can't run an M9 Pro kernel on the M7 Pro tablet. The back light on the display won't come on...and the battery indicator is blank (otherwise, everything else works....I've tried it).

There is a thread in the main Pipo forum for asking about patching kernels, I would try there. I don't do kernels very well.

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

but when u say u use 2.7 kernel for 2.8 and 3/3.1 then one easily can use my modified kernels from the 2.8 thread, right?

Comment

Yes...it's the same kernel...you CAN use any modified kernels from the 2.7 or 2.8 ROM's.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

weird, with my oc kernel from 2.8 i got only 17k points in antutu and system was veeery laggy, than flashed stock kernel and device won't start anymore...

i had to reflash the whole rom to get a picture again on the screen... now trying stock kernel...

after recovery and format everything's black again... what happened?

now i downloaded 3.0, flashed and it works again... this is so odd...
                      Last edited by herrjemineh; 05-27-2014, 02:11.

Comment

OK folks...I'm pretty sure 3.0 and 3.1 are identical.

Lets take all discussion back over to the 3.0 thread. I'm going to close this one.

Sorry for the confusion.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Before I close the thread...let me answer your question in post 11.

Really I don't know exactly why you had that happen. Maybe you had a little USB connection glitch. Sometimes you just have to erase everything and start all over.

As to why your OC kernels act differently...remember, this ROM is tuned to an updated M9 Pro kernel. While my stock kernel performs well with it, I'm not 100% sure this ROM is better in the performance category...but it may improve on some functionality that was missing in 2.8. Only some testing will confirm.

Again...as of now this thread is closed.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Working...
                          X