Pipo U8 RileyROM 2.0 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wifi u8

Hello, thanks. I'm desperate, I've tried different stock roms 4.2 / 4.4, including your custom rom1.9 and I can not navigate stably when I'm on the top floor of my house. (With cell and the Pipo M7Pro even have no problem to get the maximum coverage).

You know if there are any wifi dongle?

I saw someone dismount the Pipo S6 and welding cable achieved a much better coverage. Someone has managed to U8?

Anyway, greetings and thanks

Comment

I use a wifi repeater upstairs...and it works great for all of my devices, without having to make modifications.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

That will, I now have a plc WiFi but fails a lot. I'll try with a repeater, thank you very much

Comment

Rooting the Pipo U8

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          You can also try rooting your tablet before flashing the RILEYROM. Root Genious may work on the U8, but I've never tried it. Then you could install Titanium and do a proper backup.
          Thanks for the advice, Randy!
          Root Genious works for the Pipo U8 and I imagine that it might work for other Rockchip tablets as well.
          For anyone else interested, download from here and follow the instructions here.
          Before starting, make sure the battery is full and disconnect WiFi.
          During the process, be patient as it takes several long minutes.
          After finishing, restart the tablet and run Root Checker.

Comment

Hi.
            Standby power consumption is about 10-11%/1day. Is it normal? I use rileyrom 2.0 with kernels cpu1608-low. ​Airplane mode is on, bluetooth and wi-fi are turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by clydde View Post
              Hello, thanks. I'm desperate, I've tried different stock roms 4.2 / 4.4, including your custom rom1.9 and I can not navigate stably when I'm on the top floor of my house. (With cell and the Pipo M7Pro even have no problem to get the maximum coverage).

You know if there are any wifi dongle?

I saw someone dismount the Pipo S6 and welding cable achieved a much better coverage. Someone has managed to U8?

Anyway, greetings and thanks
              I actually changed the cables to thicker ones from a usb cable. No difference at all. Then I bought a usb-wifi dongle that works flawless with the raspberry pi (so android drivers must exist), but I gave up when it came to getting the appropriate drivers working on the u8. Last but not least, I asked Pipo directly, whether they would sell/produce a plastic replacement for the aluminium cover - they don't.

My conclusion is that you shouldn't buy this tablet if you need wifi +1 room until anyone get's the proper drivers working.

Comment

Originally posted by saladspices View Post
                I actually changed the cables to thicker ones from a usb cable. No difference at all. Then I bought a usb-wifi dongle that works flawless with the raspberry pi (so android drivers must exist), but I gave up when it came to getting the appropriate drivers working on the u8. Last but not least, I asked Pipo directly, whether they would sell/produce a plastic replacement for the aluminium cover - they don't.

My conclusion is that you shouldn't buy this tablet if you need wifi +1 room until anyone get's the proper drivers working.
                hi, finaly i purchase a tp link extender and the problem is solved in my home.
                Thankyou for share your experiences.

Comment

Hello everyone

I bought u8 today. It has 4.2.2. How can I flash this ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by pasha4ur View Post
                    Hello everyone

I found instruction inside rom's file

Comment

Originally posted by pasha4ur View Post
                      Hello everyone

I found instruction inside rom's fileю Tablet stucks on Pipo logo. I'll try official firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by madalx View Post
                        hello,

the modified kernels are for 2.0.1 rom too? also if i get it right the lower voltage kernels are for battery saving but also increase the performance of the tablet because of the OC?

thank you.
                        Hi

Where did you find low voltage kernels?

Does anybody have instructions to enable Multiwindow in 4.4?

Comment

Can anyone assure me that sumvision cyclone voyager 2 7.9 is same as Pipo u8 and that I can flash Riley rom to it.

Comment

Kit-Kat Odex

After reboot alaways show Message:
                            Optimise : xxx to yyy.

catlog:
                            Code:
                             08-14 11:44:30.120 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@[email protected]@classes.dex
                            08-14 11:44:30.130 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@[email protected]@classes.dex
                            08-14 11:44:30.130 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@[email protected]@classes.dex
                            08-14 11:44:30.130 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@app@com.com2us.inotia4.normal.freefull.google.global.android.common-1.apk@classes.dex
                            08-14 11:44:30.130 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@[email protected][email protected]
                            08-14 11:44:30.140 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@[email protected]@classes.dex
                            08-14 11:44:30.140 I/PackageManager(507): Pruning dalvik file: data@[email protected]@classes.dex
                            But create failed.

I download odex script:
                            /* * Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and...

but all 43 app cant odex - faled..

it can fix anyf?

Comment

My device - looser. Works only with this low voltage kernel kernel_U8RR20_cpu1608-low_gpu600_ddr667

Comment

Originally posted by Oliverhet View Post
                                Can anyone assure me that sumvision cyclone voyager 2 7.9 is same as Pipo u8 and that I can flash Riley rom to it.
                                Yes I believe so, I have just done it to mine and so far all looks OK. It will now say Pipo instead of Sumvision when it boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X