No announcement yet.

Pipo U8 RileyROM 2.0 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=bobbybat;220249 I believe so, I have just done it to mine and so far all looks OK. It will now say Pipo instead of Sumvision when it boots.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Thanks

thanks for your work, only one thing
      the TWRP big screen, had? rom update with the new version of TWRP?
      (fixed screen)

Comment

realtek driver

I gave the external-usb-wifi-dongle idea another shot.
        I tried a TP-Link TL-WN725N Nano-stick. It has a Realtek rtl8818eu chip. That chip is used in many sticks and definitely supported on Android. There are even RK3188 TV-Boxes with that WiFi chip built-in (and some custom kernels for them on this forum).

Now to the U8:
        It apparently even has the proper module installed (/system/lib/modules/8188eu.ko), but I can't make it work.
        I admittedly don't have much knowledge on how to load modules on android. All I tried was a
        "su insmod /system/lib/modules/8188eu.ko" but it didn't work. Some hours of googling didn't bring me much further..

I think this might be of major interest to many other U8 users, as this wifi dongle is around 7-8€ and might improve reception tremendously.

Therefore my question: Would anyone be so nice to compile a kernel with the 8818eu drivers properly working? Or point me in the right direction?

Comment

We don't have the sources for the U8 as of yet, but I will add that to the list when we get to that tablet.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Oliverhet View Post
            Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go.
            I finally bit the bullet and with much trepidation flashed the Riley rom on my Sumvision cyclone voyager 2 7.9. Followed the Guide exactly and everything worked without a hitch. Now my Sumvision has turned into Pipo and runs KitKat.

Great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              This ROM is based on an OFFICIAL Non-beta release from the Pipo site made on 4/21/14, but released on 5/24/14: Stock Firmware v2.0.1 Updated
              f this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
              Donate!!! New release season is approaching...time to get new devices to develop for.
              Hi I Had a Conversation With Pipo's Support,And She Told Me: We Don't Make Any New Frimware For U8 Because We Haven't Pipo U8 In Stock. So,Can You Make ROM Android L For Pipo U8 After It Released? Please...

Comment

That depends on whether we get the sources from Pipo...and if our kernel developers see if it is even possible.

Sent from my P9
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

will this work on a chuwi v88 clone?

Comment

These Pipo ROM's are VERY tablet specific. I wouldn't recommend flashing this ROM on a different model/brand tablet because some things won't work properly.

Display, Touch Panel, Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, Camera...etc...come in unlimited combinations of components.

Especially with the U8...which is a very unique tablet. I haven't found another tablet just like it anywhere. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing....but makes it a poor candidate for porting to a different device.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Help needed for flashing ROM

Hi, I am faced with a peculiar problem.

All the drivers have installed without error but I am unable to get the Batch Tool 1.6/1.7 nor the Flash Tool 137 to detect my device.

I used to flash Kasty ROM for this device with no problem using the Batch Tool but now I am also unable to get it to read my device. I suspect it is because I did a factory reset using the Settings. Therefore now my computer is unable to detect the tablet in Batch Tool or the Flash Tool 137.

I am currently only able to get the ROM Dumper & Flasher to read my device and flash to stock ROM.
                      Is it possible for me the use the ROM Dumper & Flasher to flash this 2.01 ROM? I have tried but am unable to do it.

Your kind assistance will be much appreciated.
                      Thank you for reading.

Comment

The ROM dumper and the Flash Tool are the same app...just different versions.

It would take a little setup, but you can flash a ROM using the version we use for the Dumper Tool. There's actually a newer version out now.

It's interesting that one tool will recognize your tablet, but the others won't. The same drivers are used for all three.

It sounds to me like you have a bad USB connection.

I always remind people to use the stock USB cable that came with the tablet. Use only a USB 2.0 port, not USB 3.0. Some PC's come with both, so you need to make sure you are using one that is USB 2.0.

The drivers aren't compatible with Windows 8.1. I know there have been posts offering a fix to this problem, but I haven't seen a reliable solution...so if you are running Windows 8.1...forget about it...try to find a PC with an older version of Windows. I can flash just fine on my Windows 8.0 laptop...but you will have better luck with a PC running Windows 7 or before.

Another thing to consider is...have you added any other USB equipment to your PC that required the installation of drivers? If so, the Rockchip drivers may have been corrupted somehow. I'm not sure about the best way to fix it...other than deleting the drivers and reinstalling them using the instructions in the First Time User's Guide.

I wish I could give you a more specific solution...but there are several variables I'm not there to observe.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I only run with windows 7.
                          I have read up on problems that you mentioned about USB3.0, using original cable only, etc.

I plugged the original USB cable into the USB2.0 port on the motherboard itself but I still faced with the same problem. I checked the USB connection and tried 2 different cables. I'm sure the connection is solid as I am able to use the dumper to erase the current ROM and reflash with stock ROM as it's a single img file.

I tried on 2 separate PC running 32bit and 64bit respectively to no avail. Have tried reinstalling the drivers by first uninstalling it as well.

I guess it will go down as an unsolved mystery.
                          If you are able to redo the file into a single img file that would definitely be great as I could use the dumper to upgrade my tablet.

I tried to flash your ROM using the dumper but it throws out incompatibility issues. It can only read single img file.

A stonewall indeed.

Could you advide me on how can I use the ROM Dumper/AndroidTool v2.1 to flash your ROM into my tablet? Much appreciated
                          Last edited by kwokym; 02-08-2015, 16:07.

Comment

On the first tab of the dumper tool...which is AndroidTool v2.1, there is the same list of ROM components as the 1.37 tool. You just have to click the browse button to the right of each item on the list and browse to the file in the RileyROM folder that matches the list.

You only need to flash the files which exist in the RileyROM folder...parameter, misc.img, boot.img, kernel.img, recovery.img, system.img.

Ignore cache.img, kpanic.img, userdata.img, metadata.img and user.img...because they are system generated on first boot by stock recovery...and are included in the parameter file. In fact, you can right click on each one of those lines...and delete them from the list. Just leave userdata.img at the bottom of the list and leave it unchecked as this will cause an error if it's missing.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

I followed your instructions and clicked "Run" when it was in "Loader Device" mode.
                              The download was successful, but it remains in "Loader Device" mode. I unplugged the USB cable and tried to boot it up but there was no response

Pressing the Reset button behind the tablet does not help either.
                              When I connect the USB cable, I can see the charging light but the tablet just won't boot.

Comment

What firmware version were you running before the flash attempts?

You may also need to flash the bootloader.bin file.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X