Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 4.4.
    The 2013 december release.
    Yes I included the bootloader.bin on the first attempt.
    The tablet won't boot after flashing the firmware. It does show the charging light when I plug the usb cable in though. It remains in Loader mode.

Comment

Pipo U8 RileyROM 2.0 KitKat

This tab is quite picky, i have past a few hours, trying to understand it.
      I flashed exactly the same thing with different results, sometimes it works and boots others it just stay in loader.

Unplug all cables from device and open the flash tool.
      Now press power for about 10 seconds, to guarantee it's power off.
      Press at the same time and hold, power and esc buttons.
      2/3 seconds after pressing connect USB cable, the flash tool should see the tablet in loader mode.
      Untick everything and lower format/erase IDB, now tick what you want and press run.

Hopefully you will have success.

Tapatalked
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Almost forgot.

And here's a new TWRP for the U8. This is version 2.8.4.0 and with a custom theme to fit the 768x1024 resolution of the U8.

Last edited by abdul_pt; 02-12-2015, 19:06.
        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

You are right, abdul_pt.
          I flashed it with AndroidTool and it suddenly decided to work!
          I didn't do anything else to it but just flashed with riley's instruction again.

Comment

hi, you can agree apps ops pro/x? but i can agree nothing apps. yhanks.

Comment

Hi all, I got a u8 to do a in dash car audio, but i could not get my DAC USB to work , neither my USB HUB, is there a kernell for this? Since I got a nexux7 and could do it, bu not with this new one

Thanks for attention and intend to donate to.

Comment

Check with Abdul_pt. He is working on a new firmware for this tablet.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

We need a working kernel

Maybe someone can compile a USB-Audio module.

Comment

Hello there.
                    Well, I hope it's not too late catching up in this thread...
                    I have always been a happy Pipo U8 user so I didn't even get past the 4.2.2 ROM, but suddenly some of my most used apps only update for 4.4.2 and follows, so I decided to give this ROM a shot. So far so good, everything seems to work like a charm, BUT I noticed the "split screen" and multiwindow dissapeared... Is there a way to get this back in this ROM?

Thank you.

Regards.
                    DS

Comment

Tablet is enough to lollipop, because nobody takes upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by xynite View Post
                        Hello there.
                        Well, I hope it's not too late catching up in this thread...
                        I have always been a happy Pipo U8 user so I didn't even get past the 4.2.2 ROM, but suddenly some of my most used apps only update for 4.4.2 and follows, so I decided to give this ROM a shot. So far so good, everything seems to work like a charm, BUT I noticed the "split screen" and multiwindow dissapeared... Is there a way to get this back in this ROM?

Thank you.

Regards.
                        DS

Multi-window was a feature that appeared in later versions of 4.2.2. It was not included in the KitKat firmware.

Abdul_pt has been working on some new U8 ROM's compiled from RK3188 sources we received from Pipo. Those threads are in the Pipo development section.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Ok so I've finally installed rileys u8 rom version 2.0.1 after lots of weird things happening to tablet, such as ghost back button or back screen button presses, little noises from speaker if touch sounds was on, lots of processes stopping, unresponsive when updating apps, so i backed up data using helium to pc, backed up important stuff, and i was set

i read lots so i didn't mess up install, ran batch loader to switch tablet, all good, erased idb, still good, clicked flash rom, but wait i hadn't told the loader tool where the files were on my pc, duh, so no install

then i loaded the files, but when i clicked flash rom all failed, paniced, made a mess of myself, thought it's time for a new tablet ,last resort unplugged usb lead from tablet, plugged it back in, clicked flash rom, hurrah back in business. Success, installed apps, ran restore from helium app, all good.
                          excellent work, the tablet now flies, no processes randomly stopping. No ghost back up buttons pressed, change dinternal storage to 4gb

installed rom toolbox pro for extra tweaks, and titanium back up,now all backed up properly.

just a couple of odd things,

reboot app when charging caused a sceen glitch, could only see far right off screen, had to do reset button, with charge cable unplugged.

Some Apps on the sd card partition of nand show as being 0.00kb

random loss of sounds in games only sorted by rebooting, not whilst charging

indy cat data restore decided i was on level 965 when i was on level 186 before rom install! That's not a big problem though

anyway in summary the tablet is much better in its performance with this rom, a big thank you for your work, although i haven't convinced the girlfriend to let me put it on her sumvision cyclone voyager 2

Comment

SOrry for bad English. I have bought a Pipo U8? it was with android 4.2 and I decided to flash it on 4.4.2 official ROM... after reboot the touch screen isnt working correctly? on other forum they advised me to flash your ROM - RileyROM 2.0.1 and the touchscreen also working not properly? seems to me? the axis X and Y is inverted or something like that... is anyone had that problem? Were you able to solve this problem? Any ideas?

Comment

To me your touch is not the original one or was repaired and mounted upside down.

Comment

But it was workin on a previos rom. Is there any way to fix that? Maybe some kind of calibration software, or tool or configuration file? I opened a back cover, all cables are normaly connected...

Comment

Working...
                                X