Pipo U8 RileyROM 2.0 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo U8 RileyROM 2.0 KitKat

Wow, it's been a long time since we've received a KitKat update from Pipo. The U8 was the very first tablet Pipo introduced KitKat to, in beta back in January. I think version 1.9 has served us well...but time for v2.0....finally!!!!!!!!

This ROM is based on an OFFICIAL Non-beta release from the Pipo site made on 4/21/14, but released on 5/24/14:

Stock Firmware

There isn't a change log, so I don't know what Pipo has done different with this firmware, but I've been improving my development over the last several months, so I can say that things are a little more polished.

This ROM is:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Debloated removing unnecessary apps
    init.d support
    Busybox support
    Auto Install on first boot (see this thread for details)
    Google Play Store fixes added
    English default language, but changeable to all standard Android languages
    2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
    Multiple ko modules for VPN and other networking support added
    Working TWRP Recovery by abdul_pt
    Boot Animation by me

Reboot app by Petrus
    Updated First Time User's Guide

Download

v2.0.1

Updated TWRP Recovery

Download
    If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!! New release season is approaching...time to get new devices to develop for.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 06-01-2014, 00:28.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Downloading!

will try later, thanks for all your hard work on these ROMs

and is it true there's a working TWRP for U8 now?
    Ultra U8 owner

Freaktab fan and PiPO Tablets PH member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pipotabletsph/

Comment

Cant wait to try twrp...download finished will flash later after backing up some files

Riley what is you,re recomended parameter i use my u8 mostly playing large hd games like gangstar vegas etc etc

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Twrp display is to big..cant flash anything..i cant see the ok or accept button.is there a way to fix it?

Comment

It's my mistake, i must have set the wrong resolution. I will post an updated image for you.

Tapatalked
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Oh thanks abdul.appreciate it

Comment

Test this one. The closest available resolution is 540x960, i made the other 800x1280

TWRP U8 KK
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Hey.. How do i install this? Sorry for the noobish question

Comment

Open the flashtool, tick only recovery and point it to the TWRP image file. DON'T ERASE IDB and press run/flash.

You can also tick the same parameter file you used to flash the Rom.

Comment

Oh okay...thank you very much abdul will flash later gotta do my chores haha

Comment

Working smooth

The touch controls for TWRP are now working! although I have not done anything with it yet but test the touch buttons, thanks abdul and riley,

I'm still testing the ROM for overall performance but 1 great thing about this update are the Kernels it's now back to 1.6ghz unlike the ones from the previous KitKat updates which are locked to 1.4ghz cpu-z logs and cpu identifier now says its rk3188 at 1.6ghz unlike the previous ones where its says rk3188 @ 1.4ghz I thought I have a 3188T since I bought this U8 just this year and antutu now scores it at 20K+ unlike the previous ones at 18k to a little over 19k...
                      Ultra U8 owner

Comment

If you have flashed this ROM, the new TWRP Recovery is already installed on your tablet.

The way it works is that your system will boot the first time with stock recovery. After stock recovery finishes formatting all of the partitions, it will reboot to system.

On the first system boot, TWRP recovery is automatically installed in the background (so it's always a good idea to wait a minute or two to let it finish). You will see the reboot app in your app drawer. Use it to reboot to recovery and you will be in TWRP.

One note about my TWRP experience....EVERYTHING WORKS!!!!!!!! Don't worry that the bottom two buttons are cut off...they still work.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Off Charging

off charging is now possible... I turned off my U8 and plugged it to charge to my surprise it didn't fully boot up but instead it shows a charging animation unlike before, some camera apps still have inverted viewfinder but others worked perfectly fine, still have to test some more but it's charging now

[IMG][/IMG]

I lol'd when I saw this pic, most of the time I put my tab wrongly on its case and wonder why the camera is all black

btw: I'm using abduls updated resolution on twrp, it works and the buttons are not cut out...
                          Last edited by jastaz23; 05-27-2014, 17:22. Reason: additional
                          Ultra U8 owner

Comment

error: android.process.media has topped

error found it only occurs whenever I click Downloads app (download manager) it says "android.process.media has topped" tried re-flashing the rom and test it on first bot but it still gets that error, anyone also encounter this error? don't know it it affects some apps operation it seems to be the only problem...
                            Ultra U8 owner

Comment

Re: Pipo U8 RileyROM 2.0 KitKat

Originally posted by jastaz23 View Post
                              error found it only occurs whenever I click Downloads app (download manager) it says "android.process.media has topped" tried re-flashing the rom and test it on first bot but it still gets that error, anyone also encounter this error? don't know it it affects some apps operation it seems to be the only problem...
                              Me too..im having that error

Comment

Working...
                              X