Pipo U9T RileyROM 1.0 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo U9T RileyROM 1.0 KitKat

This ROM is based on Pipo KitKat firmware dated 5/9/2014.

Instructions on flashing this ROM are located in the First Time User's Guide.pdf file in the zip file.

I don't own a U9T tablet, but I've read that it was originally released with Jellybean firmware...so this is the first KitKat release for this tablet. Please keep in mind that going from Jellybean to KitKat involves some major changes in the partitions...and the loader MUST BE CHECKED when you flash this ROM. Otherwise, you will have a brick on your hands.

If you are new to the Pipo forums, please browse the main Pipo forum for tips and answers to the questions you might have. By all means, though...please feel free to post your questions and comments about this ROM. It's the Freaktab members who continue to provide ideas on ways to improve this firmware.

RileyROM Features:

Full Root with SuperSU

Full Debloat
    Google Play Store fixes
    English as default language, but all Android languages are supported
    Busybox commands added for init.d support
    Ext4 File system
    2, 4, 6, 8 and 12gb user app space (the default parameter is 4gb)
    KO files added for VPN support
    Boot animation by me
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Reboot app by Petrus
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_Pt
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

Download

I would love to have one of these tablets to test with, in order to provide continued support. So please consider a donation, and I can order one.

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!! The Summer 2014 releases are here, so I need to update my testing equipment very soon.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Does this have cifs support?

edit nm:
    cifs modules cause kernel panic when mounting a folder..

insmod auth_rpcgss , lockd, sunrpc , nfs
    nfs not working <4>[ 581.037097] nfs: Unknown symbol dns_query (err 0)

(also my tablet shipped with kitkat installed, as well as all other reviews I've seen , and I could not find a JB firmware for it so dunno if it ever had jellybean )
    Last edited by otyg; 06-04-2014, 08:36.
    H96 Pro (S912), CZ-S32-V2.2 (EMMC 100% Died, still functional using Coreelec + SD Boot (uboot loader) / USB (coreelc))
    x96Q Max Pro (H616), Slow as F, runs hot, ok for movies.
    ChromCast Android TV - Great device but annoying no usb port.

Comment

All of the modules were added to this ROM and insmod was done in the boot.img.

They should work, unless a newer version is required for the provided kernel. I'm using the most up to date modules.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        All of the modules were added to this ROM and insmod was done in the boot.img.

They should work, unless a newer version is required for the provided kernel. I'm using the most up to date modules.

yeah they insmod fine (bsides for nfs.ko, tun.ko tun: exports duplicate symbol tun_get_socket (owned by kernel) I guess pipo added that builtin.),
        Code:
        root@rk3188:/mnt/internal_sd # lsmod
        ntfs 194603 0 - Live 0x00000000
        sunrpc 174640 0 - Live 0x00000000
        md4 3319 0 - Live 0x00000000
        cifs 245765 0 - Live 0x00000000
        rk29_ipp 9957 1 - Live 0x00000000 (C)
        mali 152580 15 - Live 0x00000000
        ump 30472 13 mali, Live 0x00000000
        no kernel panics, but as soon as you try to use the busybox mount -t cifs //192.168.1.1/share /mnt/sdcard/cifs/ -o username=username,password=password,ro

the system will freeze and reboot, I have tried to strace and everything but couldn't find anything useful, maybe the modules are fine, it even could be related to kitkat or busybox .

strace
        Code:
        execve("/system/bin/busybox", ["busybox", "mount", "-t", "cifs", "//192.168.1.2/share", "/mnt/internal_sd/cifs/", "-o", 
        "username=user,password=password"..., "--verbose"], [/* 18 vars */]) = 0
        brk(0)                                  = 0x1438000
        brk(0x14384b4)                          = 0x14384b4
        set_tls(0x1438490, 0x10f754, 0x12403c, 0x1238cc, 0x4) = 0
        ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B38400 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = 0
        ioctl(1, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B38400 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = 0
        getuid32()                              = 0
        brk(0x14394b4)                          = 0x14394b4
        brk(0x143a000)                          = 0x143a000
        getuid32()                              = 0
        geteuid32()                             = 0
        brk(0x143b000)                          = 0x143b000
        brk(0x143c000)                          = 0x143c000
        brk(0x143d000)                          = 0x143d000
        mount("//192.168.1.2/share", "/mnt/internal_sd/cifs/", "cifs", MS_SILENT, "verbose,username=user,password"...
        ^ reboots
        even tailing /proc/kmsg doesn't give any details about the crash

(btw TTWRP (preinstall/recovery.img) is not being flashed, since flash_tool doesnt work on this tablet for some reason it doesn't find the recovery partition, manually trying to flash the recovery fails too, black screen.
        abdul_pt tried to make an updated one but so far it only gets the the teamwin logo dunno whats up with this tablet :|.)

anyways I dunno, let me know if you need any information on this tablet, I have even tried compiling the kernel modules myself using various toolkits and from 4 different rk3188 kernel sources while most insmod fine I cannot get the mount funtion to work without it causing a reboot, I come from android 4.2.2 so I am not overly familiar with kitkat and selinux maybe I am missing a step.
        Last edited by otyg; 06-05-2014, 01:35.
        H96 Pro (S912), CZ-S32-V2.2 (EMMC 100% Died, still functional using Coreelec + SD Boot (uboot loader) / USB (coreelc))

Comment

ok I compile my own modules after a few hours of testing and have come up with a successful result I will post the modules in a few hours

so far I have cifs working , still need to test nfs

edit
          Issues:
          NFS modules insmod without errors, but I get a reboot when using mount,

cifs is working great but I can only access the mounts when mounting through shell, using cifs manager is not mounting them for some reason will try to figure it out, might be kitkat restricting it.
          ok looks like kitkat sandboxes apps so only the app that mounted the share can access it, unless it was mounted by adb ...anyone know a way around this?
          Last edited by otyg; 06-05-2014, 13:19.

Comment

Hey, that's some great work so far!!!!!!

When you come up with a solution, would you be willing to share those new modules with me? I'll credit you in my ROM releases.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Hey, that's some great work so far!!!!!!

When you come up with a solution, would you be willing to share those new modules with me? I'll credit you in my ROM releases.
              Ok I uploaded the cifs module here
              MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Just need to figure out a away around kitkit's restrictive mounting or how to disable it

The nfs module insmods but I am still unable to get it to mount without a kernel panic so I'll try and figure that one out next

Comment

Have you checked SElinux state ? Have you tried setting it to permissive, if it isn't already.
                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                  Have you checked SElinux state ? Have you tried setting it to permissive, if it isn't already.
                  I checked with getenforce and it said it was disabled, looking on some xda threads there are a few source patches but look complicated and involve patching the android source and init.rc

Comment

usb webcamera on PIPO U9T android 4.4.2

usb webcamera on PIPO U9T android 4.4.2

I have a PIPO U9T (Android 4.4.2) installed in my car already root, I need to connect a usb web cam to see the back of the car, but unfortunately every time when I connect the camera it says: the device have not installed the uvc driver, can you help me? I dont know how to complile the uvc driver in the kernel ,also I do not have the kernel source to modifi it . thank for reading,I will wait for the answer.

Comment

hello guys,

How much battery life we can get from this model? lat say movie playing?

Comment

TWRP Recovery by Abdul_Pt - not working loader. And when the substitution file is not loaded firmware, loaded only recovery

Comment

1. Make sure you have a good USB connection. Use the cable provided with the tablet as the best choice.
                          2. Make sure you have actually selected the TWRP file in the flash tool. It could be that you've just re-flashed the stock recovery.

Those two items would be the only reason you still have stock recovery on your tablet.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

recovery taken from the archive you posted. The firmware is successfully, but there is a standard recovery, icon lying Android
                            when the substitution of recovery comes from a different source from the official site, he does not see the partitions on the tablet and not loading the firmware

Comment

Try flashing this version of TWRP:

From the flash tool...uncheck all items except recovery and browse the recovery line (little box to the right of recovery.img) to wherever you saved this file. Flash it without erasing IDB.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X