Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ROM is only for the M9 tablets with 2 NAND chips installed. Don't ask me how you can tell...outside of opening the case to look. Therefore I would not advise flashing this ROM if you don't know. Doing so WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!!!!!!!! I'm trying to get more information. Rather than taking the link down, I'm leaving it up for those of you who have a tablet it will work on.

If you brick your tablet read this thread:

This is the first KitKat ROM for the M9 Max. NOT M9 PRO!!!!!!

If you don't have experience flashing KitKat ROM's, then you MUST read the stickies in the main Pipo Forum.

This ROM is based on official Pipo firmware dated 6/5/2014.

The ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d/Busybox support added
    Autoinstall added
    New boot animation
    1, 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space (4gb is the default)
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_Pt (installed on first boot with autoinstall)
    Google Play Store fixes

The usual RileyROM stuff!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

Edit: This is now v2.6.4 with Exchange Server fixes, extra keyboard layouts, and the nls_ut8.ko module added...plus a fix for the download manager app. v2.6.4 also includes embedded activation of multi-user without having to run Xposed Framework.

Download

Please consider a donation!!!!! It's new tablet season, and I'm trying to keep my testing equipment up to date.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 10-20-2014, 03:14.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Ok, i've downloaded the KitKat from thread "Riley rom 2.5 post #127 and it works fine, wifi works greate and bat time is good. However when i loaded a movie into the video app that came with this (both apps) the sound was very low even when you had it full up, the headphones worked ok.
    I've downloaded some different apps off googel play and they work also,(different games an so). As you look threw the "rom" it still has some chianese lang there even after you change to english, it doesn't bother myself but it will some.
    I can't tell if it's rooted or not I have not checked it doesn't matter to me, other than that it is great so far....

Edit: I looked and it seames not to be rooted, however I realy don't know just what i'm looking for, it does not have a "superuser app" and I realy don't know just where to find out how to root kitkat i've never used this rom befor,.. sorry!!
    Last edited by ghforlife; 06-13-2014, 10:21. Reason: add something

Comment

I've tryed a "USB" key broad and a "Bluetooth" and both work, also when you first turn it on, (From the time you push the button untill you get to swipe screen it takes "35 sec." in five different times. Home button under "device's" has two different "launchers" (launcher3 and google now launcher) both work, but on the launcher3 you are unable to remove the google search button, or at least i can not remove it...

Comment

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

I'm trying to get more information on this...but there are at least two versions of the M9 tablet.

If you have a 16gb NAND version, the Loader.bin for this ROM is not compatible and will brick your tablet.

Only try this ROM if you have a 32gb NAND capacity. That's one with 2 NAND chips.

As I find out more...I will post.

Thanks to Dnkn for pointing this out to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using FreakTab v0.1.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

That explains why I bricked mine!

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I'm trying to get more information on this...but there are at least two versions of the M9 tablet.

If you have a 16gb NAND version, the Loader.bin for this ROM is not compatible and will brick your tablet.

Only try this ROM if you have a 32gb NAND capacity. That's one with 2 NAND chips.

Is there an easy way to tell which version we have?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, are you really sure for nand flash ?
              I think
              Pipo max M9 = 16 go
              Pipo max M9 Pro = 32 go
              So who has max M9 with 32 go ???
              Cube U65GT Talk9X 32go
              Brian's rom and Lepi's white TWRP
              ************************************************** *****************************************

Comment

The KitKat rom that I have is for the 16gb, that is the type of tab that I have, this ROM came from cshock 2010 in thread; rileyrom 2.5 post##127 or 128..…
                Where he got it from I do not know, I just downloaded it and it works really good, I just used one of Riley's tools and flashed it

Comment

According to the Russian forums, there are several versions of the M9. One with 1 NAND chip and one with 2 NAND chips. If your tablet has only one NAND chip...the KitKat loader isn't compatible and will brick the tablet. It works OK if your tablet has 2 NAND chips.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

According to the Russian forums, there are several versions of the M9. One with 1 NAND chip and one with 2 NAND chips. If your tablet has only one NAND chip...the KitKat loader isn't compatible and will brick the tablet. It works OK if your tablet has 2 NAND chips.

DNKN: Ds1006 corresponds to pipo m9, but there are 3 versions of hardware. 1st was in production till April 2013 I assume, second (1 nand chip) after that, and last versions use 2 nand chips, may be there are some other differences, that is my guess only, I have not seen v1_2 unit disassembled.

Pipo firmware identifies v1 as "old pcb". V1.1 and v1.2 kernels seem to be backward compatible, but there are 2 configs for each version in available sources. But remember, those sources are for some other tablet I made some adjustments in there to be built into working kernel for m9.(http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-sources/page6)

Is compatible for version 1.1 and 1.2 not for the "old pcb" exact ?????????????????

thanks

Comment

Hello my m9 is bricked too ( have 1 nand chip). Now how to do ? My tablet is not recognized by the computer anymore. I followed all the steps, what I found here but still no success. Any hints would be appreciated? The only life sign is the charging LED. Thanks Chris

Gesendet von meinem SM-N900 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry about that...it appears we have an unreliable firmware with this ROM. I'm tempted to take the link down to it...but it may benefit some who could use it.

Follow the steps outlined in this thread:

I know it's a different tablet, but the process is the same for all Rockchip devices.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I have added a warning in the first post of this thread to underscore the risk associated with flashing this ROM.

If you aren't sure whether you have 1 or 2 NAND chips...DON'T FLASH THIS ROM.

Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I have added a warning in the first post of this thread to underscore the risk associated with flashing this ROM.

If you aren't sure whether you have 1 or 2 NAND chips...DON'T FLASH THIS ROM.

How to know ????

Comment

AW: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Sorry about that...it appears we have an unreliable firmware with this ROM. I'm tempted to take the link down to it...but it may benefit some who could use it.

Follow the steps outlined in this thread:

I know it's a different tablet, but the process is the same for all Rockchip devices.
                              Hello thanks for answering, but I tried this already, but my computer not recognized the tablet anymore. Any way for this case?. I mean it not recognized in any flash program Thanks Chris

Gesendet von meinem SM-N900 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X