Pipo M8HD RileyROM 1.7 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M8HD RileyROM 1.7 KitKat

After some nudging from Pipo users, Anna at Pipo tech support sent me some links to their most recent KitKat versions. While 1.6 was based on the 2/12/14 firmware, the latest link I received was a firmware dated 2/19/14. So, I've decided to make a new ROM with this newer firmware release.

This ROM has the usual RileyROM features:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d/Busybox support
    Google Play Store fixes
    1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12gb user app space (4gb default)
    Reboot app by Petrus
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_pt
    Boot animation by me
    Auto install on first boot (to load apk's from the "autoinstall" folder on your external SD)
    Flash Tool by Finless
    First Time User's Guide (the pdf file in the ROM with all of the instructions)

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE FLASHING A KITKAT ROM ON YOUR M8HD...READ THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

Make sure you leave the loader.bin checked when flashing...especially if you are upgrading from a Jellybean ROM.

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM development on Freaktab.com. New tablet's are arriving, and I need to catch up on new tablets to develop.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Randy,

Are you sure because RR 1.6 build prop says 20140219 !

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
      Randy,

Are you sure because RR 1.6 build prop says 20140219 !
      Based on almost as the same buggy beta as a previous one from Jan 2014.
      Last edited by KEvgeniy; 06-07-2014, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by KEvgeniy View Post
        Based on almost as the same buggy beta as a previous one from Jan 2014.
        The RR 1.6 is good just miracast and camera with apps are not working

Comment

The RR 1.6 is good just miracast and camera with apps are not working
          In my opinion the only performance is an advantage of these beta kitkat ROMs.
          Problems. Battery works almost twice less comparing to JB, a lot of apps works not good, 3G modem always powered on, 3G signal strength is poor, sometimes tablet can't awake after charging in sleep mode, tablet auto powers on if charger connected, adobe flash doesn't work in built-in browser, mx player can't user hardware acceleration, issues with camera in apps and miracast displays/projectors.
          You choose this ROM, I choose JB and waiting for kitkat release.
          Last edited by KEvgeniy; 06-07-2014, 18:16.

Comment

Screen Flickering

Hello
            I have my M8HD for some time now, and for a unknown reason, i never made a kitkat rom into him without getting the "screen flickering".
            I have tried everything, using another rom, from M9, but nothing worked.
            Can you think you help me, or it is some hardware related?

Comment

Hi,
              I have tied to flash this ROM but after flashing I have revealed a nasty bug - camera does not work in most applications, for example Skype or any barcode scanner. Essence of the bug is that camera(not matter front or rear) captures only first frame and after that it hangs(Camera preview always is showing the first frame but really application is not hanging). At this time the "Camera" application works properly. Also I have tried to flash RileyRom 1.6 and beta ROM by Pipo(4.4.2 from 02/19/2014) but everywhere this bug is present. The problematic applications work properly with 4.2.2 ROM by Pipo. Very strange that I have not found any report about this bug. Is this bug reproduced only in my device? Do I correctly understand that this bug can be fixed in 4.4.* only by Pipo programmers and I have to wait until Pipo programmers have fixed this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by evgen_kitz View Post
                Hi,
                I have tied to flash this ROM but after flashing I have revealed a nasty bug - camera does not work in most applications, for example Skype or any barcode scanner. Essence of the bug is that camera(not matter front or rear) captures only first frame and after that it hangs(Camera preview always is showing the first frame but really application is not hanging). At this time the "Camera" application works properly. Also I have tried to flash RileyRom 1.6 and beta ROM by Pipo(4.4.2 from 02/19/2014) but everywhere this bug is present. The problematic applications work properly with 4.2.2 ROM by Pipo. Very strange that I have not found any report about this bug. Is this bug reproduced only in my device? Do I correctly understand that this bug can be fixed in 4.4.* only by Pipo programmers and I have to wait until Pipo programmers have fixed this issue?
                Everyone has this bug in 4.4.2

I don't know if in last rom for M9Pro or M7Pro, it has been corrected

But we shall wait, i hope not indefinitely

Comment

Hi,

if possible I'd like to ask: in your opinion, which are the benefits of this 1.7 version over the previous 1.6 ?

Is wifi signal strenght better? Does the M8HD remain turned off when charging?

Other relevant benefits?

Many thanks in advance to those who would like to share their experiences with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Axios View Post
                    Hi,

if possible I'd like to ask: in your opinion, which are the benefits of this 1.7 version over the previous 1.6 ?

Is wifi signal strenght better? Does the M8HD remain turned off when charging?

Other relevant benefits?

Many thanks in advance to those who would like to share their experiences with me!
                    Hi, it's based on the same firmware

Randy has updated its modules files and corrected Exchange and QuickOffice problem and removed some apk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturediff.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	433933

Comment

Hi,

the main problem for me is battery. I have full charged and after 1,5 hour of using, battery was on 15%. Everything else work fine - wifi signal is strong, camera working with no problem [for now], but the battery....
                      Does anyone has same problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, it's based on the same firmware

Randy has updated its modules files and corrected Exchange and QuickOffice problem and removed some apk.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6819[/ATTACH]

Hi,

I see some deleted modules and some updated ones, thank You so much!

I will try it as soon as I will have a little spare time..

Thanks!!

I am not done, yet, dreamingfor a new kernel...

Comment

Re: Pipo M8HD RileyROM 1.7 KitKat

Originally posted by Finbel View Post
                          Hi,

the main problem for me is battery. I have full charged and after 1,5 hour of using, battery was on 15%. Everything else work fine - wifi signal is strong, camera working with no problem [for now], but the battery....

Thanks.
                          Compared to 4.2.2, these kitkat images look to consume a little more battery, but not as you described. I can use my tablet several hours (browsing, not playing). Couldn't it be a battery calibration problem?

Sent from my M8HD using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by Finbel View Post
                            Hi,

Thanks.
                            Installing:
                            Deep Sleep fix for some Rockchip RK3188 based tablets
                            I solved it battery consume.

ArcTools 0.80
                            Instal program
                            Deep Sleep fix for some Rockchip RK3188 based tablets (libril-rk29-dataonly.so fix from 4pda.ru)

Comment

Under Jellybean, I was adding this file to all of my ROM's.

I'm not sure whether they've updated that file for KK firmware....but it doesn't work exactly the same. If you are only concerned with wifi...then it will work, OK...but if you rely on 3G signal...you will experience decreased signal.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X