Pipo M7T RileyROM 1.4 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M7T RileyROM 1.4 KitKat

This ROM is based on Pipo KitKat firmware dated 6/12/2014.

If you own an M7 Pro, do not flash this ROM.

As with every KitKat ROM, I advise you to study the sticky threads in the main Pipo Forum about the risks and steps involved...that information is also included in the First Time User's Guide. If you decide you don't like this ROM and want to switch back to Jellybean, be sure you read the thread on switching back to Jellybean from KitKat.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Google Play Store fixes added
    Exchange Server fixed
    Init.d/Busybox support
    1, 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space (4gb default)
    TWRP recovery installed after first boot
    Autoinstall feature (which can automatically install apk's from the "autoinstall" folder on your external SD)
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Flash Tool by Finless
    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_Pt
    New boot animation by me

Enjoy!!!!

Download

Your donations help support future RileyROM development.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 06-15-2014, 17:30.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    This ROM is based on Pipo KitKat firmware dated 6/12/2014.

As with every KitKat ROM, I advise you to study the sticky threads in the main Pipo Forum about the risks and steps involved...that information is also included in the First Time User's Guide. If you decide you don't like this ROM and want to switch back to Jellybean, be sure you read the thread on switching back to Jellybean from KitKat.

This ROM is:

Download

Your donations help support future RileyROM development.
    hello! I have just tried your rom. The flash process was ok, but after flash at the first restart, It shows some error message: E: failed to mount / metadata (invalid argument)

It still went to the starting motion pic, but stuck still.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

The metadata error is normal...don't worry about it.

I will have to see what the boot problem is. I'm busy working...so it may be Sunday before I get to it.

Everyone stay tuned...I don't have an M7T to test, so your feedback is important. Together, we will get this going.

Meantime, go back to 1.3...if you need to.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I flashed 1.4. Zero problem so far. Only poor graphics performance. in JB was perfect transitions with Nova launcher. As I reported earlier. Unfortunately I'm such a noob in this point but just asking. Is there is any possibility our self upgrade new driver for Mali 400 GPU by taking it from another ROM for example?
        Or we have to wait this only from Pipo guys?

Comment

I don't have an M7T to test...or I would experiment more....but all of that is in their kernel, anyway. It will be up to Pipo to provide further updates.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Official pipo firmware has similar problem after flash, but can be launched.

I don't have an M7T to test...or I would experiment more....but all of that is in their kernel, anyway. It will be up to Pipo to provide further updates.
            Official pipo firmware 0612 has similar problem after flash, but still can be launched.
            I suspect it is caused by incompatible launcher in rileyrom 1.4. In fact, rileyrom 1.2a seemed to have launcher problem too. I have to replace it by other version launcher to use it.

Comment

I don't think it's a launcher problem. I just tried out of curiosity five different launchers and all of them lagging horribly. Could you please complain about very poor graphics performance on 4.4 on Pipo official forum since you know chines?

Originally posted by panweihwa View Post
              Official pipo firmware 0612 has similar problem after flash, but still can be launched.
              I suspect it is caused by incompatible launcher in rileyrom 1.4. In fact, rileyrom 1.2a seemed to have launcher problem too. I have to replace it by other version launcher to use it.

Comment

This is really wrong, my old moto defy with one core at 800Mhz smooth like a butter compare to M7T on KitKat.

Comment

OK, folks...I've updated this ROM to v1.4.1.

This new update:

1. Hopefully fixes the boot loop on the boot animation.
                  2. Fixes the bug which prevented you from connecting with an Exchange email account.

Just use the same download link in post #1.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

hi .......what the diffrence between the official firmware dated 6-6-2014 and the one dated 12-6-2014??

Comment

The one from June 12th just had a new kernel which users are noticing a performance improvement.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Randy, there is an error while flashing about loader file. By default you put there 2.10 but in package 2.09, so I manually point to 2.09 and it went through.

Comment

The one from June 12th just had a new kernel which users are noticing a performance improvement.
                          Why I'm not among that users

Comment

Randy excellent work. 4.4.2 is much faster and has less lags. I have but one problem. Charging the battery reaches only 94%. Do not charge the 100. It is a software or hardware problem?

Comment

OK, folks...I've updated this ROM to v1.4.1.

This new update:

1. Hopefully fixes the boot loop on the boot animation.
                              2. Fixes the bug which prevented you from connecting with an Exchange email account.

Just use the same download link in post #1.
                              It is indeed an excellent Rom for pipo m7t. The previous boot problem has been solved. Now I am trying it with my appreciation. Will comment it after a few days. My first day tryout give me an impression that this Rom is super power-saving. Last night after charge to 100%, it was still 99% after 8 hours.

Excellent work.

Comment

Working...
                              X