No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, is there a non-reflash solution for this? Far from happy with the default launcher (for instance, it wouldn't allow me to change/add shortcuts), I've installed nova launcher. Even though I tried to make it the default one, it just wouldn't stick. Upon reboot, the "original" launcher would always take its place. So, in my infinite wisdom, I once again made nova the default launcher and moved the "original" one to the recycle bin. Theoretically, this would allow me to restore it if things went south, as they did. Problem is I'm now stuck at the riley rom spinning ring animation and kitkat just won't load...

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

If someone can provide a DMSG file for our Pipo Project kernel developers (d33 and others)...we might be able to compile an M9 Pro kernel.

So far, I think the M8HD has the most stable version of KK...so it's a good base to work with.

Stay tuned for some exciting stuff.

Here's another one if it can help you

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Thanks. I will forward the info to d33.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Is this the latest riley rom for the m9 pro tab
          sorry I am no android guru as this is my wife's tablet
          pretty sure its on riley 2.6 at present
          thanks for the heads up
          foz

Comment

3.4 did not work for me but 3.01 with the 407 kernel is simly amazing. Android 4.4.2

Comment

I agree that most people have the best luck with 3.0.1 with the 407 kernel.

Later releases tended to break things in the process of trying to fix others. A perfect case of the newest isn't necessarily the best. Versions of Windows and Linux are perfect examples of that as well.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

golden words

Hi guys, for me too ,best and top class results with the rr 3.01, I suggest to extend to the rr 3.1 too , corporate account mail sw does not work for exchange as in rr3.0.

I have my p1 3g in china for repairing and my old m9 pro 3g with rr3.01 is working so nice that I don't have any consequence for its absence.
                regards
                Last edited by dannypipo; 11-09-2014, 12:29.

Comment

I believe the exchange problem can easily be resolved by installing the latest Google apps via TWRP. Just search for it with Google.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

My pipo from one moment to another began to drain the battery very quickly, this time 2.20 hours already at 25%, I do not think normal. Does the battery need to be replaced already?
                    Last edited by danie028; 11-14-2014, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by danie028 View Post
                      My pipo from one moment to another began to drain the battery very quickly, this time 2.20 hours already at 25%, I do not think normal. Does the battery need to be replaced already?
                      Doesn't sound good.
                      It may be an app you have installed.
                      You can go into the settings to see the various items that are using the battery. Usually the main user is the screen. If an app doesn't stand out as being the culprit, then maybe turn the brightness down on the screen.

Someone here may have some better suggestions.
                      Also it never hurts to email Anna Ye at Pipo and explain the problem. It may be a know problem to them, and they are usually pretty good at taking responsibility and fixing Pipos that play up for no known reason.

If you fix the problem, let everyone know here. That sort of feedback is what makes this forum so strong.

Good luck.

Comment

First of all, Anna can't help you anymore with M9 Pro firmware.

The Freaktab Team is working on firmware updates for the RK3188's, now. We are getting started with the M9 Pro.

My suggestion is to flash RileyROM v3.0.1 with kernel #407. That's the most stable ROM for the M9 Pro right now.

We now have new firmware for the M8HD, M6 Pro and hopefully soon for the M9 Pro and M7 Pro.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

How can I contact the ANNA?
                          I have flashei PIPO with my version 3.01 # 407 to # 406 possessed previously, and continues to drain the battery.
                          Even off the tablet lowers the battery, and the percentage keeps on standby, when you begin using the percentage decreases very quickly.
                          Is there any app to test your battery for feedback
                          sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by danie028 View Post
                            How can I contact the ANNA?
                            I have flashei PIPO with my version 3.01 # 407 to # 406 possessed previously, and continues to drain the battery.
                            Even off the tablet lowers the battery, and the percentage keeps on standby, when you begin using the percentage decreases very quickly.
                            Is there any app to test your battery for feedback
                            sorry for my english
                            Anna Ye's email is : [email protected]
                            Keep it simple as her english is not very good. Don't mention that you have 3rd party ROM and kernel.

Good luck.

Comment

As an experiment, you might consider flashing back to the stock firmware (KitKat) and do a full factory reset from settings.

Try the battery with that and see if it levels out.

Then try flashing back to v3.0.1 and see if that makes a difference.

Watch the apps you install and make sure you don't have anything that stays in the background to drain battery. Keep it as much bare bones as possible.

Install the apps you are accustomed to one by one keeping track of the battery drain with each.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Worth waiting

Hi Randy, is it worth flashing this now or waiting for new rom? Any sort of timescale for new one?

Regards

Steve G

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                First of all, Anna can't help you anymore with M9 Pro firmware.

The Freaktab Team is working on firmware updates for the RK3188's, now. We are getting started with the M9 Pro.

My suggestion is to flash RileyROM v3.0.1 with kernel #407. That's the most stable ROM for the M9 Pro right now.

We now have new firmware for the M8HD, M6 Pro and hopefully soon for the M9 Pro and M7 Pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X