No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hold off if you are running 3.0.1...it has the fewest problems. I haven't heard whether d33 is making any progress yet.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Screen Problem

I know this is a little bit OT, but I believe this thread is where all the Pipo brains hang out.

My wife's Max-M9 is currently with Pipo (thanks Anna) after having touch problems with her screen.

Now my M9Pro is having screen problems.
      I updated to RileyROM v3.01 with kernel 407 about 2 weeks ago.
      After about a week of great flawless performance, the screen suddenly started to act up.
      Initially during boot there would be lots of "static lines" across the RileyRom icon and the boot animation, then the tablet would shut down.
      Now the tablet won't start at all.
      I've tried resetting, and "Esc,Reset,Power" sequence but the tablet appears dead.

I just need to know if someone else has had this problem and if there is a solution.

I pulled the back off my wife's Max-M9 and tried lots of ideas without any luck before finally sending it to Pipo. This time I thought I might ask first.

Comment

screen problem

Hey Nordo,
        you are not the only one with weird screen things going on! I sometimes get a red flash all around the outer edge of the screen when touching - it does not seem to be related to any particular app, so I am suspecting the hardware. I have also lost the bottom right hand corner to a black out, but it is in the menu area and barely noticeable, although at least 10mm long and 5mm high at its highest! Just shows how much wasted screen there is with android! Anyway, I am almost ready to give up on this tablet and it is only about a year old, but still hanging on for one last bash with Randy & d33. Great spec for the money, but not a BMW for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
          Hey Nordo,
          you are not the only one with weird screen things going on! I sometimes get a red flash all around the outer edge of the screen when touching - it does not seem to be related to any particular app, so I am suspecting the hardware. I have also lost the bottom right hand corner to a black out, but it is in the menu area and barely noticeable, although at least 10mm long and 5mm high at its highest! Just shows how much wasted screen there is with android! Anyway, I am almost ready to give up on this tablet and it is only about a year old, but still hanging on for one last bash with Randy & d33. Great spec for the money, but not a BMW for sure!!
          I've been talking with KlausI13 on this thread. He eventually found the solution for his problem (see posts #38 and #40).

I'm about to rip off the cover and have a fiddle.
          Will let you know how I go.

Comment

Dear Gurus,

is it worth to update my mother's M9 Pro 3G with this 3-er series releases, or not yet ? She's using now RileyRom 2.7.2 ... did a reboot but apart of this, pretty stable and she has lots of fun with the tab.

Second Q: are you able to add exFAT support into your newer ROMs ? I have some 16/32G USB sticks where I use exFAT due to file sizes more than 4G, for watching movies. It would be very useful to be able to use these sticks via OTG on the tablet, or even format the "external" SD card which I bought for the tablet, with exFAT.

Thanks.
            Last edited by A64; 12-13-2014, 12:38.
            PiPO M9 Pro 3G - RileyROM 2.0 (8GB internal storage) -

Comment

3.0.1 is the most stable. We are still trying to make a new ROM from sources, but running into troubles.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
                I've been talking with KlausI13 on this thread. He eventually found the solution for his problem (see posts #38 and #40).I'm about to rip off the cover and have a fiddle.Will let you know how I go.
                OK.I removed the cover, pushed and prodded and fiddled with the connector from the digitiser (without any real skill or knowing what I was doing), and low and behold, it worked!!!However, a short time later it began to play up again.Long story short - I traced my new problem back to my charger.As we had two Pipos, I used the other charger and everything is running sweet!That was about a week ago, and have had no problems since.This is the second charger we have had problems with.The bad charger often still seems to work, with the red light on the charger and the red light inside the Pipo since lit up. But the effect appears to be something wrong with the screen (touch problems, screen static, etc).Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Riley, after installing your ROM I'm unable to install Cerberus.
                  It comes up with: "Wrong device ID. Please fix it, otherwise you will not able to use Cerberus".
                  Apparently the Build.SERIAL: V8GCU6JBJL is used for more devices, so it's not unique.
                  Do you know any way to fix this?

Comment

DRM widevine

Hello Randy,
                    Is it possible to instal DRM WIDEVINE in this tablet?
                    I can not see the application of TV "Yomvi" of Spain.
                    Is there any approximate date to have a new ROM?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not familiar with any of this DRM stuff.

The DRM is supposed to be embedded in the KitKat firmware...but must have been left out of this ROM.

Try using RileyROM version 3.0.1 and see if you get the same problem.

We've hit a setback in our ability to make the new firmware...so I'm not sure when it will be available.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

DRM Widevine.

@Randy,

The problem of not being able to see Yomvi TV is because of not having the DRM Widevine .

Comment

Based on my research, Widevine is supposed to already be in KitKat. I'm not sure why it isn't working on this firmware. I will do some more looking, but I'm extremely busy at work...and won't have time to look at it until tomorrow night.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

DRM Widevine

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            Based on my research, Widevine is supposed to already be in KitKat. I'm not sure why it isn't working on this firmware. I will do some more looking, but I'm extremely busy at work...and won't have time to look at it until tomorrow night.
                            With DRM Info app I get the following:
                            "Available engines:
                            OMA V1 Forward Lock"

On my mobile Lenovo A806 I can see Yomvi TV, and with the app DRM Info I get the following:
                            "Available engines:
                            Widevine DRM plug-in
                            OMA V1 dcf"

From what I can ascertain the problem is the absence of Widevine DRM plug-in in this tablet.
                            Is there a solution? Thanks.

Comment

after I complained will anna valve stem, I could not solve my problem.
                              Also asked how could arquirir a new battery. Look like they do not have in stock: S

Anyone know of a batteria compatible with our tablet at a low price.

Comment

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.4

There is a shop in germany Selling Original batteries for 22€. I Don't know if they send them internationally...

Comment

Working...
                                X